[Official] What are you playing?

• Sony killing the online features pushed me to start gravity rush 2 even tho i wanted to replay 1 remaster to refresh my memory
    also starting danganronpa 2

• @Master_Alucard GR2 is a gem. I feel like it's gonna get robbed hard when GOTYs come up (not just at EZA I mean, all over the place) because of how insane this year has been and how it was right at the start of the year but it's definitely in my top 5 of 2017.

• About 140 hours into Divinity 2 between single player and multiplayer coop. Don't think I'm anywhere close to completion.

• Geez, didn't expect Evil Within 2 of all things to crash on me... :(

• I have beaten Ori and the Blind Forest Definitive Edition 100%.
    It was a nice and very beautiful metroidvania, not going for all Gamerscores though as that would require at least 2 more playthroughs, I don't have the time for that, I've seen everthing, I'm done.

• Legend if Kay.

I've actually never tried this game before; so with its similarities to other great PS2 action platformers of the time, I wanted to give it a try.

It's worth noting that I'm not too far in yet, buy I think I've got a good grasp on what this game is all about. First off, the main character is extremely unlikeable. He has an extremely cocky attitude, and his posing animations just make this even worse; bring in the atrocious voice acting, and this just really brings the game down.

The platforming, exploration and action are all here, but this game is a perfect example as to why not every developer can pull off a decent game just because everything looks great on paper. Animations are way out, the camera is beyond saving and the combat is laughable.

The funny thing is that I will probably see this thing through to conclusion, but it's not good.

• I reached world 4 in Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle, after a long break. It's getting pretty challenging, I'm enjoying swapping team members based on the type of battle ahead. I'll try to mop up the Challenges from world 3 before proceeding.

• @Primethius How are you feeling about Original Sin 2 compared to 1? I recently tried playing 1 again and found the story and writing to be all over the place. I'm tempted to just skip to 2 as I've heard much better things about it.

• @RooterMcGavin said in [Official] What are you playing?:

@Primethius How are you feeling about Original Sin 2 compared to 1? I recently tried playing 1 again and found the story and writing to be all over the place. I'm tempted to just skip to 2 as I've heard much better things about it.

I know you didn't ask me, but I must say that both games are as good as one another. It's actually a case of a sequel that just does what the original does well, once again. I don't really understand your criticism of the original, but the second doesn't change anything.

• Just started Warframe the other day for the first time and have been having a blast.

• @Sheria Mechanically, I think the game is brilliant. Even in situations when progression is in fact linear there is a lot of freedom in how you achieve your goals in most situations in and out of combat. From what I've heard, OS2 keeps the spirit of that, even improving on it in some cases.

What has been bothering me about OS1 is the density of the writing and presentation of the story. After having spent around 30 hours with the game I had no investment in the plot and dreaded talking to most NPCs as I felt they would throw their life story at me at the drop of a hat. I guess what I'm trying to say is I feel that most of the exposition feels bloated and I wish things were communicated to the player with much more brevity. I've had an equal number of people tell me that's been improved on in OS2 vs being more or less the same. I was just curious to get more impressions from people who've played both games.

• I'm juggling a lot of games right now. Persona 2: Innocent Sin, Fire Emblem Fates and Awakening, A Hat in Time, and another one that shall not be named. I also want to beat Persona 5 before the end of the year so I've got to work on that. I've mainly just been picking up whatever suits my mood and playing for half an hour at a time.

• Global Moderator

Someone help me I just started a new game fresh in The Witcher 3.

• @Swordfish00830 Ugh I've been wanting to start a new game since I finished! Someday I'll get around to it

• Just starting Battlechasers: Nightwar.

Really gorgeous game and love that it has JRPG style turn-based combat.

• EW2: Been slowly making my way through Union, dispatching any and all freakos I come upon for that sweet sweet goo. Investigated a certain unknown signal that I'd have been better off never touching, lol.

• Wasnt planning on buying it but i bought odyssey today

• currently playing Batman Arkham City on the PS4

• Trying to grind out the last few levels in my fishing skill in Final Fantasy XV. Haven't played the game since December last year when I beat it and there's a surprising amount of new features if anyone has played the Assassins creed special content is it worth doing??

• Super Mario Odyssey is good stuff. Just went through the water world (fourth one, I think? I did it second of the two options it gave.)

I heard there would be throwback outfits but the one based on this commercial caught me off guard. I'm definitely wearing it whenever I don't need another costume for a moon until something even crazier shows up.

I'm definitely going back through these worlds at some point to get all the world-specific coins. I wanna deck out my ship with all these souvenirs. I think Sonic Unleashed had something like this but it wasn't as well done since I think they all just went to the professor's place or something.