[Official] What are you playing?

• I'm really enjoying Etrian Odyssey V, only a few hours in but I'm finding plenty of charm plus challenging and interesting combat make it pretty engaging, the story is not existent it seems but I can take it as a side game and just ignore that aspect.

• Super Mario Odyssey
    I have beaten the story and am currently working on 999 moons and the beating last challenge, my current moons are 938 which include all but 3 collectable moons, the one 100 rope jumps, 100 beachball throws and the final challenge. Also got all Purple Coins in the game.

.hack G.U. Last Recode Volume 1: Rebirth
    Started the game, I'm on level 17 with around 12 hours playtime, I read everything and watched all 4 Terminal Disk videos that are available from the start, which took over 1 hour, lol.

• Beat Odyssey. Might go back to do more next year, but now it's time to move on.

• Phoooone Deeeeestroyer!!!!

• @bard91 How is that game? I was curious to pick it up but after the most recent Futurama mobile game, I feel a little burned on mobile.

• wolfenstein 2 the new colossus
    I like it alot more than the first game, it's like playing a toned down DOOM but with a great story and characters.

• I wanna like Arms but the fact that it keeps locking me into the motion controls mode if I so much as move my hands half a centimeter is really making it hard.

• @SabotageTheTruth I'd say it is alright, I rarely play on mobile so I don't have much of a comparison point, the battle is active enough and I haven't found much of a pay wall yet, so I'm happy with it at the moment.

• I've recently been dealing with being heartbroken, so it's been really hard for me to concentrate on much of anything lately, but I have somehow taken solace with an old friend... Overwatch, more specifically competitive. It feels like the season to finally become diamond... or higher! I was having a ton of fun with Diablo 3, but once I was broken up with, I just couldn't focus on sending my minions of the undead to slay endless hordes of enemies. I would love to pick it back up once I heal a little more emotionally, that necromancer class is a ton of fun to play.

• I finished Wolfenstein 2 a few days ago and absolutely loved it. Dual wielding a shotgun in one hand and an assault rifle in the other is extremely satisfying. I would have liked to have more Klansmen to take an axe to but boy was this game fun to play. There are so many crazy moments and it has a really great story.

I'm currently playing Horizon Zero Dawn: The Frozen Wilds and it's just as fun to play as I remembered. What a stunningly gorgeous game. 2017 has been an amazing year.

• @DeweyDTruman That's weird, since the last update you can remap all the buttons and should be able to avoid motion controls altogether. That's what got me back into the game actually because I could never play it properly before. Now I'm finally in control of what I'm doing with the buttons!

• I'd say that rewatching .Hack//Roots before jumping into G.U. was the right call for me. 100% more invested than I would have been without watching it.

I wonder though, having played a bit, if that data drain from Tri-Edge instead of just reformatting Haseo's character, also installed a plug-in that makes him 100% more sassy...lmao. In the anime he was just always angry and yelling, but in the game he can talk some real shit to people and it's cracking me up.

Also, forgot how much time you can spend just reading in this game, haha. I've been going through all the in-game forum posts, news, etc...

• So basically after I finished Fractured But Whole a week ago I've been on a massive South Park kick and started watching it again, and after doing that for a few days I really wanted to replay Stick of Truth. It's pretty interesting seeing how many minor differences there are between the two world maps despite being the same town. I think I still prefer the more paper mario-ish combat of this over FBW.

• I'm playing through Romancing Saga 3 for the first time in about 12 years. I've just defeated the four abyss gate guardians.

• Etrian Odyssey V is fun!!!

and that ain't just my inner Atlus fanboy speaking

• @bard91 Where would you rank it in the series? Would it be a good entry point in your opinion?

• I'm playing Assassin's Creed and Devil May Cry game. Both are really awesome game.

• @Zedoary I mean it is my entry point, so sure I'll say it's a good place to start, as far as I know, there's barely any story so I don't think previous knowledge from past games is needed

• @Zedoary said in [Official] What are you playing?:

@bard91 Where would you rank it in the series? Would it be a good entry point in your opinion?

Etrian Odyssey Untold: The Millennium Girl is actually a really good entry point now.

• I bought Etrian Odyssey IV when it came out...still haven't opened it, lol.