[Official] What are you playing?

• Literally, all I have dreamed about (or remember having dreams about) for this past week has been hunting monsters. The addiction is real.

Also, really hoping a ska band makes a song about Pukei-Pukei already.

• @bam541 I've still got a ton of PSP games I haven't even managed to get around to yet, haha.

• Started playing Pokemon Crystal. With the way I play 3DS games most of the time I'm probably gonna spend most of my time on this game at night and I think that might be a good thing. The music and setting of Johto always kinda gave me this melancholic feel, if that makes any sense, so playing it at night just kinda works.

• More Dragon Quest
    Youtube Video

• I picked up Celeste on Switch, has anyone else been playing it?

It's an indie 2D platformer and... wait, don't leave yet! It's actually really good! I'm usually not into minimalist pixel art graphics, but this one got so many amazing reviews (it's sitting at 91 on Opencritic) that I had to give it a shot, and I'm not regretting it.

The controls are tight and precise (I recommend a d-pad over an analog stick though). There are new mechanics introduced regularly, you never feel like you're going through the motions. It's very challenging but always fair, you respawn instantly and each room autosaves so you never have to repeat more than a few seconds of gameplay. You may die 50 times in the same room before finally conquering it, and it feels GOOD!

On top of that, it has a charming lead and simple but compelling story. And it's by the creator of TowerFall Ascension.

Check it out!

• Chapter 11 of digimon hackers memory

• well so much for not buying games until my backlogs cleaned up just bought yakuza kiwami for 15 bucks

• This post is deleted!

• Some Shadow before bed
    Youtube Video

• Playing Ocarina of Time 3DS on my commute, and Persona 5 when I get home from work.

• just laughed out loud at yakuza kiwami today was in a little arcade and decided to use the photo booth only to have majima photo bomb me

• I've loaded my Snes Mini with some more games. I'm doing a Ys run of 3 through to 5. I'm currently working on Ys III: Wanderers of Ys. I always liked the game a lot, but it's the worst of the three.

• @Sheria If you're playing Ys III, you need to do yourself a favor and go watch episode 8 of Falcom Gakuen. Go Fight!

• @Minamik said in [Official] What are you playing?:

@Sheria If you're playing Ys III, you need to do yourself a favor and go watch episode 8 of Falcom Gakuen. Go Fight!

I've never heard of it before. I'll check it out.

• I just finished DBFZ and Horizon Frozen Wilds. I'm not sure whether to enjoy the down time and finish up some tv series/books/visual novels, get going on more Nier: Automata endings, or start something ol' backlog.

• Golf Story- What a charming game with just the right amount of challenge not to get too frustrating. It's probably my favourite game on the Switch so far, at least until Owlboy comes out tomorrow.

• Slight adjustment to what I'm playing - I'm playing Idle Champions of the Forgotten Realms or Final Fantasy XIV while watching the Olympics.

• The new Kingdom Hearts 3 trailer reinvigorated my need to Platinum each game before it comes out. Unfortunately, Birth By Sleep is hard platinum and I'm not really feeling Chain of Memories right now, so I just went to Dream Drop Distance. Finally got the dumb Flick Rush mini-game trophies, so basically I think it's going to be a grindfest from here on out for the commands and making every Dream Eater.

• Played The Order 1886. Got two thirds of the game, then i deleted the game because i didn't want to play it anymore. Graphically spectacular game, and the world and concept was interesting. Too bad it's too boring to keep me playing. The guns are great though, the Arc Gun is a beast!

• Global Moderator

Really gotten into Monster Hunter Worlds. I played it at launch, then kinda dropped off, but now when playing with others from EZA Im really loving it and cant wait to get new gear!