[Official] What are you playing?

• Still chipping away at Monster Hunter World when I have the time. It’s super encouraging to see so many people enjoying it. I’m not especially far along, but that’s alright. I just enjoy roaming the wilds and living in that world so much. I keep trying to get more comfortable with some of the other weapons, since they all feel great in their own way. However, it’s comforting to have that familiar hammer to come home to when I need it.

Beyond that, my wife and I just finished a playthrough of EDF 4.1, which I’m surprise she liked so much. Hopefully we see another release in the West eventually.

• I still playing bubble spinner and can't complete the 2nd level :@

• Started playing a little game called Grandia.

• @minamik love Grandia Justin and Feena are so good

• Monster Hunter World!
    It's pretty great, though I wonder if I would like it as much if it wasn't for the palicos and the poogie.
    I am still learning stuff since this game can be rather complicated. Took me a week to realize investigations were added from the resource center, kept wondering why the only one I had was to hunt great Jagras. Stuff like that I feel might be needlessly complicated, but it's still fun.
    Was using the insect glaive, but recently switched to the bow since I prefer staying back a little.

And so far I've never had the heart to skip that cooking scene. I love that meowscular chef.

• I'm 8 hours into Xenoblade 2.

I just rescued Nia from the ship but haven't actually finished the ship mission/dungeon, instead, I fast traveled back to town with Nia in my party grinded for a bit while watching some videos, completed a quest, salvaged for a bit and went back into the ship to finish rescuing Nia.

From this and other parts I've concluded that I must take this game as light as I possibly can since it takes itself so lightly as well.

Other aspects, the combat while I also think it is boring and nonsensical is not as messy as the one from the first game, so I'm fine with it thus far, there's also too many systems already which are hard to fully embrace, the story is ok so far, I like the lighthearted comedy moments well enough, music is pretty good, and I don;t understand why the localization of this wasn't more critized because at least to me it has had some pretty bad moments, and I'm not referring to the english VA which are hilarous.

The thing that really bothered me was seeing the blade fights in cutscenes, I had seen a lot of gameplay streamed, so I had just assumed the blades supported drivers, seeing them fight and doing so it such an intricate way only to have them stand in battle doing pretty much nothing is just sad to me, it's not like I need the combat to be flashy or anything but having such a dissparity between what the game is and what the apparent intention of what the combat is like on the word is really offputting to me.

Anyhow I think it is alright so far, I'll keep playing it on handled mode sadly which really does have poor resolution, since that is my only option during weekdays.

• I felt like playing Legacy of the Duelist again so I'm going through the story. I stopped watching Yugioh like halfway through GX so everything from 5Ds and Zexal has been new to me. 5Ds' story seemed like it got real stupid after a certain part but it was still fun to summon up some nice Synchros (even if I never used Stardust Dragon and just used Junk Warrior and Junk Archer in every duel instead). XYZs are probably my favorite type, while Synchros are nice (and Pendulums are just stupid frankly, I don't know anything about Links since those came out after this game and I can't be assed downloading Duel Links when I've already got this anyway) they feel more finnicky to work with while XYZs just happen. That and they have way more interesting effects with their attachment thing.

• @bard91 do you find the cut-scenes overly long because i did

• @ff7cloud I haven't had an issue with cutscene length tbh, but I could see how they might be a bit too long

• I'm continuing my save of Mass Effect 2. Already have 20+ hours on it. I focus too much on side missions, I guess xD

• Titanfall 2. Surprisingly good singleplayer and top tier multiplayer

Monster Hunter World. Don't think I need to say much here. Amazing. Been waiting for this for over a decade.

Knack. ITSA A MASTAPIECE BAYBEE! But seriously its a decent platformer/beatemup. Don't understand all the hate it gets.

• @volthred That is one game where you most definitely want to complete as many side quests as possible. It’s not a hassle, really, as they provide some of the best character moments in gaming.

• Evil Within 2. Huber was right its a 10. A true survival horror game.

• Metal Gear Survive because I got it for $6
    Youtube Video

• @minamik Oh flame, burn em!

• I am about 10 hours into Paper Mario: Colour Splash. Good golly, I love how this game looks. The whole cards thing could use some ironing out and it would be good to have a motivation to ever enter battle but I'm enjoying the exploration and, of course, the vibes. The boss battle I finished last night was serviceable to so hopefully they get better from here.

• @billy yeah, I have no problem in doing side quests. I just wished the mining resources part wasn't so repetitive. It gets exhausting at some point. I'm obviously late to the party of complaining about this mechanic though xD

• Put about 6 hours into Metal Gear Survive.... I can't be bothered to put any more time into it, it's just so dull and boring, I'll be trading it in soon seeing as I'll probably get double back in store credit then what I spent on it (got it for $6 due to human error)
    If Konami ever does a MGS remake or collection on PS4 I might pick it up, but this feels like watching a old beloved friend getting hit by a train, only for the train to reverse and back over the corpse a few times.

• Decided to do the Reverse Duels in Legacy of the Duelist since I finished the Zexal story but I still wanna play more. Starting from the original Yugioh and man, the progression of card types and deck builds was great as I went through so having to go back to square one almost feels like an entirely different game. I want my XYZs back. I guess I could just build my own deck for these instead of using the Story Decks but that wouldn't feel right.

• I reached chapter 3 of Xenoblade 2.

I do feel the cutscene length is getting excessive, but most importantly I have to say this, the ending sequence for chapter 2 was freaking terrible, and reinforced my impressions that I can't take this game seriously in any way.