[Official] What are you playing?

• Devil May Cry 4

This game has made me realize something... I am not good at Devil May Cry. I'm only a few missions in but what can I say, it's loud, dumb, and somewhat fun. I got the special edition on sale and it just loads you up with tons of currency, so I have literally every upgrade that is possible to get, right from the beginning. Feels a little cheesy but again, since I'm not great at keeping combos alive, I don't mind the extra help. The motorcycle blade mechanic is absolutely ridiculous... but I kinda love it.

• Did anyone ever play Wonder Boy: The Dragon's Trap? I'm kind of tempted to try it, it's currently 9,95 € on Store. Watched Ben's review, and the mentions about aimlessness and running around the world without a clue what to do next or where to go don't sound too good to me. Frustration danger. Also I wonder about the whole game's nature, is it a straight remake of the '89 game? Meaning the difficulty is from that day and age, as is the lenght of the game etc. It just looks so beautiful, this new version, that that alone makes me want to give it a go. Decisions...

• @sabotagethetruth Imagine feeling that way about almost every game you play, and you've reached my level. Devil May Cry 4 was one of those first games that made me think "wait... am I just bad at games?" Still had a lot of fun with it, though, even if I couldn't beat it.

• @Sentinel-Beach I played it. There is a main area with a shop and a tower on it that is sort of the centre of the world. And as you transform into different animal forms you gain the ability to head in different directions. If you can suddenly go in a direction that was previously blocked to you, then that's the way to go.
    I've never played the '89 version but I found it difficult enough that I never finished it. I got to the final boss, but no matter what I did, or how many times I tried I never even got close to defeating it. The game isn't long, but it didn't feel insultingly short either.

The soundtrack is superb.

• Finally finished Ni no Kuni 2...haha...time for Yakuza 6!

• @naltmank Considering I'm pretty terrible at Fortnite but it has consumed my friends, I keep asking myself that question lately too, haha.

Having a much better time with Devil May Cry 4 now that I'm in the castle. Things are finally starting to click a little better and I'm really enjoying some of the boss designs.

• PSN down?

• Pixel Junk Monsters 2

There's not a lot to say besides this game being super jolly. It feels waaaaay easier than the first though, even on Tricky difficulty, I'm getting a perfect on every stage without trying too hard, whereas the first game felt like a constant struggle to achieve that. I really need that Danganronpa DLC to release already.

• Just started Devil Summoner Raidou vs Soulless Army and I am surprised to say I really like it. Most people seem to say 2 is better so I am stoked to get to that. Since Persona 3, I have been a bigger fan of SMT mainline over Persona and this feels like mainline SMT with a dash of early Persona quirkiness. Gameplay is totally different, of course, but vibes wise, this is where it falls for me. The battle system may get old, I will update if my opinion sways.

• Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus - the gameplay is extremely satisfying. Shredding people with Schockhammer never gets old, but the story... What happened? This story is absolute gar-bitch. Nazis have taken over the world -> go stop them is just about unfuckable premise, and they did it. Bravo.

• Just started Tales of Berseria, and I have to say man this game looks/feels cheap.

I was very much aware that I shouldn't expect any high production values from a Tales games, but man when Ys 8 looks good in comparison, I have to say that is a bit much.

Also it has been a long time, but the only Tales game I've played was Vesperia in the 360, and maybe I just don't remember correctly, but I remember that having a much more solid look that this.

• Tales of Berseria has wonderful art and graphics, I fell in love instantly. Reminds me, I need to complete that game.

• Yakuza 6: Dad Souls. ;)

• @bard91 its a ps3 game but yea its visuals arent the greatest however, its pne of my favorites in the series

• @ff7cloud I know that but so is P5 and Ys 8 is a vita game(obviously PS4 version is upscaled), it feels like the game looks cheap despite that.

• Guys. Gals. Pikachus. Whatever you want to be called. Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon. If you love NES/SNES Castlevania, PLAY THIS GAME. I'm about halfway through and having the damn time of my life. Everything just feels... right. It's a wee bit on the easy side (even when playing on Veteran) but I'm assured other difficulty modes open up, making it similar to what we all remember. Music is on point, art style is great, all the various weapons you get to use bring back good memories, and those bosses... damn. Super impressed.

• @sabotagethetruth I would love to play it, but it seems that it's not available yet on PSN asia :(

• @bam541 Boo, hope you get it soon! A really good value too, I forgot to mention, not too expensive at all.

• @sabotagethetruth said in [Official] What are you playing?:

Guys. Gals. Pikachus. Whatever you want to be called. Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon. If you love NES/SNES Castlevania, PLAY THIS GAME. I'm about halfway through and having the damn time of my life. Everything just feels... right. It's a wee bit on the easy side (even when playing on Veteran) but I'm assured other difficulty modes open up, making it similar to what we all remember. Music is on point, art style is great, all the various weapons you get to use bring back good memories, and those bosses... damn. Super impressed.

No physical copy I presume? I can't find one online. Hopefully someone might be able to create some kind of reproduction style cartridge for this, I'd buy it then.

• @sheria Considering it was just a stretch goal for Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night, I really don't see them making a physical version. But I'm sure someone out there may end up placing it on a cart.