[Official] What are you playing?

• @bam541 Boo, hope you get it soon! A really good value too, I forgot to mention, not too expensive at all.

• @sabotagethetruth said in [Official] What are you playing?:

Guys. Gals. Pikachus. Whatever you want to be called. Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon. If you love NES/SNES Castlevania, PLAY THIS GAME. I'm about halfway through and having the damn time of my life. Everything just feels... right. It's a wee bit on the easy side (even when playing on Veteran) but I'm assured other difficulty modes open up, making it similar to what we all remember. Music is on point, art style is great, all the various weapons you get to use bring back good memories, and those bosses... damn. Super impressed.

No physical copy I presume? I can't find one online. Hopefully someone might be able to create some kind of reproduction style cartridge for this, I'd buy it then.

• @sheria Considering it was just a stretch goal for Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night, I really don't see them making a physical version. But I'm sure someone out there may end up placing it on a cart.

• Dark Souls: Remastered on PS4 Pro. Nothing about this remaster impresses me on the technical front. It's a pretty standard port, but I'm glad I can convince friends who know I've been obsessed with Souls for years to finally try it out. I'm coaching my friends on the couch moreso than playing it. It's a new experience and I love it.

Playing this has solidified that Bloodborne is my favourite SoulsBorne game but to know fault of DkS1. BB is just a newer and more refined experience.

• I bought Andromeda for $12. Got to the ... citadel thing. I can't remember it's name right now.

So far, there's some jank, but it's not driving me nuts or anything yet.

• Playing FIFA 18 again after the free World Cup update, forgot how bad i am in this game. Fun game despite it's frustrating physics.

• Still plugging at Xenoblade Chronicles 2, just started Chapter 8, not too far from the end now! I haven't had the chance to play much else recently (God of War is feeling lonely), but at this point I just gotta finish it before I move on to other stuff.

I'm getting more and more into it, still think it'd be a better game with half of its features cut off, but I've come to accept the bloat! The soundtrack is top-tier, just like in X, and the character design for some of the Blades (and Drivers) is also very cool (just don't like Rex).

Nia is hands down the best character in the game.

• Played Trackmania Turbo, this game handles like a dream! Has a great sense of speed and spot-on controls. It looks very beautiful too, everything's so vibrant.

• The legendary Outcast. The remake this time though.

• I'm still going at The Witcher 3. Although I think I'm heading towards the end of that given the current main quest is called Final Preparations.

However Ni No Kuni II is the deal of the week on the playstation store this week. So I've just started that as well... only put an hour in but if it's even half as good as the first I'm gonna love it.

• @theotherjohnp I'm so jealous of anyone playing TW3 for the first time haha

• I'm sorry but if you think Dark souls is better than DS3 you are mad, the first part of blight town is the worst area in all 3 games + bloodborne, i dare someone to defend blight town.

• Horizon Zero Dawn

I really underestimated how much people said they didn't find the world and characters interesting, but whowwww ..., about 20 hours in and I can definitively say I don't care 1 bit about anyone in this game, it's honestly outstanding how they've mad that aspect of the game so uninteresting, and aside from that 20 hours in I think I've had my fill with the game and I'm finding it somewhat repetitive, so I think I'm just gonna start crit pathing it from now

• @a7x458 Blight Town is the best part of Dark Souls in my opinion hahaha

I think the framerate issues was the only thing worth complaining about.

• Just found out Magical Drop III is on the eShop for Switch so I guess I'm out $8 and a couple hours of my life now

• Yoku's Island Express!!

Youtube Video

What a chill, charming game! It's a very polished and well-designed Metroidvania using pinball as its main gameplay and traversal mechanic.

The world-building is is also very well thought-out with various believable characters and locations. There's also the right amount of secrets and collectibles and that's one game I'll aim to 100% for sure.

I'm about halfway through now and don't want it to end!

• @axel Don would be proud of you.

• Tales of Berseria

Magilou is fucking treasure, the rest of the game is alright.

I'm interested enough in the story, and I've liked most of the characters thus far, but I found th combat so weird, so far Velvet has been unbelievably OP and while it is clear that there's a lot going on with the combat and a lot that can be done with it, the pace of combat and how the information is presented is not really to it's advantage, and again this is not a big deal but man this game those look really cheap.

• @bard91 Magilou made that game for me genuinely hilarious dialogue & voice acting.

• I just beat what is easily one of the worst and most dissapointing boss battles I've seen in a long time in a game in Horizon, for all of the things that can be praised of this games, the scenarios and encounters are definitively not one of those.