[Official] What are you playing?

• @bigdude1 they're both great racing games, if you have to pick one i have to say GT Sport because first of all, the driving feels great just like past GT games. The online component in this game is impeccable and they have added much needed singleplayer content, making it a pretty complete racing sim. The game incentivizes daily play sessions by giving you a free car after a doing a good amount of racing. It also seems that GT Sport is going to be supported with updates for the foreseeable future.

If you enjoy a bit more arcadey racing then Driveclub is a great pick, it has a really well done dynamic weather system (GT Sport doesn't have that) that looks fantastic and also affects the races considerably. I swear, some of the races i can't finish just because thunderstorms suddenly appear in the middle of the race. They make the car harder to control, and to top it all off the visual and sound effects are pretty intense. Imagine driving a sports car in the middle of the night during a thunderstorm, trying to not hit anything that's hiding in the dark as slippery road troubles your car while maintaining 150km/h speed. It's one of the most intense racing experience i ever got in a game.

You can't go wrong with both honestly, they're both wonderful in their own ways.

• Wow, just finished The Abyss dungeon in Ni No Kuni 2 and I'm really impressed. Not only was the dungeon aesthetically pleasing, traversing it was a blast, and it had such a unique boss fight at the end of it.

The deeper I get into this game, the more I'm confused by the lukewarm response it seemed to have gained on release. Maybe the difficulty being too easy at the time really did hinder it but playing on hard feels just right currently. I'm getting strong Suikoden vibes (due to recruiting for my castle) and Tales of Vesperia vibes (overall tone, pacing, etc.) so I'm having a much better time than I could have possibly expected.

• took a break from my newly purchased ps4 n stuff to play some Okami on switch.

about 9 hours in over the past 2 days and all i can say is that its blown me away. Also its perfect for portable mode and i have yet to play it on my tv

• The Tekken 7 EVO 2018 matches were super hype, so i caved in and bought Tekken 7! Been a while since my last Tekken game (Tekken 6 on PSP), which basically means i'm starting from zero again in terms of skill.

• I finished Tekken 7's story mode earlier today. Those last two boss fights were the bad kind of hard.

Also, I've never played a Tekken before (unless you count maybe half an hour of Tag 2 a long while back) but it seems weird to me how they're treating Heihachi and Kazuya like they're equal villains considering one is a shitty dad and the other is literally Satan. Maybe it'd make more sense if I played the others, I dunno.

• I want to be playing either Dead Cells or Shovel Knight Treasure Trove. Never played either and I’m interested in both. Can somebody help me pick one for Switch?

• Got Civilization V working on my cheap little laptop, runs well on Low settings. Been a while since i played a Civ game. A few hours in and I'm already hooked to this game again, but i don't mind.

• Picked up Dead Cells and.... it's okay? Huge fan of rogue-likes, decent fan of Metroidvanias, and while I don't have any major complaints about the game, I feel a lot of the hype around it raised my expectations. Combat is fast and slick but despite how everything is meant to be randomly generated, levels feel insanely similar on each run. The extremely limited arsenal at the beginning of the game doesn't help and maybe RNG just isn't my friend, but any sort of blueprint drop is rare - I made it all the way to the Forgotten Sepulcher on my last run and no blueprints dropped at all. I do like the mechanic of the timed doors though - do I rush through a level underpowered to get more cells, or do I comb every nook and cranny to beef myself up? Strangely, despite the combat in Moonlighter being boring and tedious, I devoured that game and made sure I completed it as soon as I could. With Dead Cells, my play sessions are quickly becoming one or two runs and then moving on to the next game.

• Big Flea market in my home town today so i picked up

Yoshies island cib for 30$
    F zero x 25
    Dierge of cerberus 20

• Bought Pixel Junk Monsters 2 on sale from the Nintendo eShop ($11CAD vanilla, $13 with all DLC, great sale). It is still a blast, especially two player couch co-op, but it made some design choices that change the formula of the original game for worse.

• In Pixel Junk Monsters 1 - the entire level is visible onscreen without a camera having to track the player. This means when playing couch co-op, the two players can have agency over themselves and the other player will not be affected. In Pixel Junk Monsters 2, the maps are larger and the entirety of the map does not fit onscreen. This means the camera tracks the players who cannot be in two different places on the map. It makes the second player beholden to player one which doesn't compliment the game well compared to the original.
    • Frame rate dips to almost nothing at times. No reason for this. PS4 version is fine. Switch version desperately needs a patch. If somebody knows where I can submit feedback to Q-Games, I'd love to because they need to patch this.
    • Character designs are still wonderful and stand out as something entirely unique. I am quite surprised the Tikiman and his Chibi's didn't become an icon of last generation but these designs are still some of my all time favourites. They glossed up the presentation where everything looks bigger and more detailed. The maps are bigger - for better or for worse - but one thing I appreciate is that the maps now have a larger sense of scale with elevation and valleys being a welcome new addition to the style of the map.
    • They added some new tower types and enemy types, and a major change is that bosses spawn monsters as they progress through the level so you have to make sure to kill them quickly. If a boss spawns a few spiders with full health 50% through the level, you may be cutting it close which makes for intense moments.
      - Recommend, but not as good as the original. Must play roommate/sibling/best friend couch co-op game.

• Taking a break from Easy Livin (and Twitch in general) to start Okami HD.

• Playing World of Warcraft: Battle for Azeroth and a few other smaller titles to fill time in between. I'm torn on a pile of other games to begin.

• I gave ARMS another chance since the last time I played I was trying to make do with joycons but now I have a pro controller and I enjoy it a lot more. Dunno how long I'll stick to it but I'm enjoying messing around in grand prix and trying to unlock new arms at least. Mainly just stick to the basic punchy ones though.

• A Hat in Time is under 11 € now in PS Store, bought it immediately. It's been nearly 30 € before this. Now downloading.

• Golf Story on Switch.
    I am enjoying the writing and setting, however 5 hours in the activities start feeling a bit repetitive.
    Also the game makes me really wish we got a story-mode based Mario Golf.

• Hyrule Warriors Definitive Edition. A major improvement over the Wii U version; which I did enjoy. The upgrade has best the features and DLC of the Wii U and 3DS. I didn't pay full price though. I bought it used, and took some store credit to bring it down to $17.89. Worth it.

• @enzo88 said in [Official] What are you playing?:

Also the game makes me really wish we got a story-mode based Mario Golf.

I think there's one on the gameboy color, but I never played it so I wouldn't know for sure.

• @hanabi  Oh yeah i know, i meant a new one, it`s been a while :(

• PUBG, all day and night !

• Been playing Shenmue 1 and loving it, but my dusty copy of Yakuza 0 looks at me in jealousy as i play it so i'm finishing Yakuza first. Been months since i made considerable progress in this game.