[Official] What are you playing?

• @hanabi  Oh yeah i know, i meant a new one, it`s been a while :(

• PUBG, all day and night !

• Been playing Shenmue 1 and loving it, but my dusty copy of Yakuza 0 looks at me in jealousy as i play it so i'm finishing Yakuza first. Been months since i made considerable progress in this game.

• I think chapter 10 is as far as i'll ever get in Yakuza 0... back to Shenmue.

On the other hand, i have also been slowly progressing through Uncharted Golden Abyss, really impressed with it 3 hours in.

• Wanted to play pinball, figured Pinball arcade would be the best bet. Whoops, all the good tables were delisted because the licenses expired. But at least some of them were on the season 1 disc they made for PS4 back a few years ago, so I got that. This is why I'll always prefer physical releases and why I'm not a fan of this digital future so many people are advocating for.

• I just started playing Shenmue remastered.

controls are terrible. but my impression is so far. not bad, not bad. not for this kind of game.

i will post more i play.

• Invisible Inc.

As I patiently wait for Spider-Man, I'm trying to avoid any games that take a large time commitment. Since I've been digging in deep to rogue-likes lately, I figured I'd give this a spin. There's a lot to like here - the art style, how different the characters feel, a turn-based strategy game not based on killing people - but there's still something preventing me from wanting to play it more. If I had to narrow it down, it's "unwinnable" situations and time spent on each level. For the first, the cooldown timers on most of your weapons last for several turns and while it's best to avoid detection completely, there are times where that feels impossible. For example, on the last mission I played, I needed to wait for about 8 turns to have enough energy to hack a terminal while about a dozen guards scouted the area constantly. That ties into the point about how long each map takes (generally 30 minutes) and a whole playthrough is usually 3 or 4 hours it seems like. For the genre, that just feels like a slog.

I honestly don't think I'm in the right mindset to enjoy this one right now but I might return in the future, because it's quality is apparent.

• Dead Cells

While I was pretty lukewarm on this game initially, I could recognize there was still a lot to uncover and decided to dive back in last night, for what ended up being my favorite play session of the game so far. I was finally given a projectile (Fire Brands) that allowed me to run and hide from enemies and gradually set them on fire until death and eventually stumbled across what equates to force lightning as well. Just those small gameplay wrinkles were what I was desperately missing from my other experiences with the game.

• I recently started Red Dead Redemption and aside from that I've been mostly playing The Witcher 3, Hollow Knight, along with making slow progress in Berseria.

I gotta say I'm finding RDR to be an ok game with a few things that have really annoyed me and in general so far I don't even think it matches the modern GTA games which I didn't like all that much to begin with.

• Mario + Rabbids on Switch.

As a big Xcom fan, i am really liking this.
    As of now (halfway through world 2), the game is on the easy side, but nonetheless the gameplay is really fun and allows for cool mobility options.

The exploration part in-between battles it`s not too deep, but allows for a nice change of pace.

I gotta say though, really don`t care about the set-up and the rabbids themselves.

Hopefully the game keeps adding depth and challenge moving forward, it`s looking like a solid 8/10 for me.

• Donkey Country Tropical Freeze and Deus Ex: Mankind Divided

I am really enjoying Donkey Kong Country. I never owned a Wii U, so I thought now was my chance to play it. To me, it is more of a quick fix game that I play before bed, nothing I have invested time into. Really enjoyable experience though!

I am on my second play through of Deus Ex: Makind Divided and I am enjoying it a lot. The choices I am making are different than before and my load-out is more aggressive than stealth focused. I never focused on energy upgrades before, but now I can use abilities more frequently than my first playthrough. I favor Rhino Armor and the Nano Blades with all gun play upgrades.

• Just finished Okami at around 32 hours of playtime on my Switch.

What a amazing game and the ending brought tears to my eyes. this has been my favorite game iv played this year.

• @bigdude1 I never had the chance to play Okami on PS2. I just bought the Switch version when it was on sale. I am hoping it turns into a new favorite!

• @dipset If you are still looking, I am biased towards Shovel Knight. It has two DLC stories (so far) and offers tons of playtime. The game feels rewarding to me and its feels good when you buy upgraded armor or health. Plus, being a simpler game, in terms of story and gamplay, makes it a great game for the Switch (If you play portable mode a lot).

• @cptcobblepot

I did grab it. A full game with 2 DLC's was too good of a deal to pass up on. I haven't gotten very far though because work picked up. Tons of laundry to do this weekend which means sitting around a laundromat with my Switch. Loving the music so far. I don't know why but I was expecting something more challenging like a Mega Man but I think everything controls well and I'm sure the difficulty gets a bit spicier.

• @dipset I am glad to hear that! It is one of my favorite games because it got me into the new era of Metrodvania and 16/8 bit games. So far I only played the Specter of Torment and it was a really cool twist of gameplay experience.

At least you have your new game for laundry day, hope you enjoy it!

• Got sidetracked from my platinum hunt of Modern Warfare Remastered by the multiplayer, been playing for 4+ hours non stop, it's really fun. Up until now my go-to multiplayer game have been Uncharted 4, and it feels good to find new multiplayer game to sink my teeth into.

• For most of my life, I heard how incredible Chrono Trigger was and when I finally dived in a few years ago, I felt generally underwhelmed by the experience. The combat was simplistic, the overall story and writing felt bland, and very few characters actually stood out to me. For a game about time travel, it felt like hardly anything I did actually mattered and instead, the different time periods were just used as different levels/backgrounds for where I was fighting. I've owned Radiant Historia for awhile but never felt compelled to give it a chance until now. This game is already shaping up to what I expected Trigger would be - a compelling story with unique and interesting battle mechanics. I was immediately impressed with the dialogue and within hours the game does a good job of showing how your actions shape the world around you, with the ability to go back and choose other decisions to see their outcomes. Really good stuff so far, I can't wait to play more - which is going to be a hell of a struggle with Spider-Man releasing next week.

• I've got a billion modern games I need to get through and some I haven't even opened yet, but I came across a copy of Spongebob Squarepants: Battle for Bikini Bottom at the local secondhand store a few days ago and I'm just playing that instead. The heart wants what it wants, I guess.

I dunno it's fun, not hard by any stretch but that's not a bad thing especially considering this is a game made for eight year olds. Honestly my biggest gripe is how the guy they have voicing Mr. Krabs sounds nothing like him when (far as I can tell) everyone else has their original VA's.

• Yesterday i was playing Shenmue 1 while i was pre-loading DQ11on ps4 , i knew somewhere Huber was smiling.