[Official] What are you playing?

• @sabotagethetruth Amnesias been sitting on my PS4 for months.. I'm too scared to try it

I'm also having trouble coming up with good Halloween games to play, so I think I don't have much choice now haha

• @faaip My recommendation is to take breaks. I'm playing alone, in the dark, with headphones on and it's pretty intense... but we can make it through this!

• Fist of the North Star : Lost Paradise. The best Fist of the North Star game, aside from the one done by Arc System Works. This game is miles high better than the ones done by Omega Force.

House of the Dead: Overkill - Finally got around to playing this. I didn't play it back when it came out. I got this from Game Stop last week and used a coupon on it, so I only have to pay 4 bucks. Worth the purchase. I can see how people were saying it was easy for a rail shooter, but it does not make Overkill any less fun.

• Was getting tired of dragging Haruka around Kamurocho, so took a bit of a break to play Captain Spirit. Was fun, but still not convinced on Life is Strange 2 after being disappointed with how the first game wrapped up. Will check it out when its finished and goes on sale or PS+ sometime. Back to finishing Yakuza Kiwami 2 tomorrow and then on to Ys VIII...though I'm not sure I'm feeling it. I really miss the older Ys games. The newer 3D games since 7 just haven't been able to hold a candle to stuff like Felghana or Origins.

• @sabotagethetruth Nice, that's the way to go. Alright, I'm installing it.. let's see how this goes

• Finally finished Yakuza Kiwami 2, along with the included Majima Saga (not gonna lie, that ending had me shedding a few tears).

The actual end of Kiwami 2 left me a bit confused though, having played every game except 3.

• @minamik Did you wait for the post-credits scene? It explains a lot ;)

• I've entered the sun/moon temple of Dark Cloud and making much faster progress now due to spending some time with my weapons. The monotony is kicking in a little though, just as with it's sequel, though I will admit that the simplicity of this game is actually helping, DC2 has a lot more to it that, in hindsight, does actually slow down the pacing a lot.

• Have you ever really enjoyed a game yet had all of its flaws severely diminish the experience for you? That's what I've been going through with Dead by Daylight. When I booted it up by myself, I was impressed with the more polished experience in comparison to Friday the 13th. Tutorials and clear objectives made me instantly understand what I needed to do. I started enjoying the bloodweb, which is basically the game's randomized progression, granting you various perks, items, and offerings to use. The cast of characters and killers is diverse.

When I tried to play with friends, woof, that's when problems started to show up. If you're queuing with friends, it can sometimes take up to 10 minutes to find a match. After the match is completed, the party is disbanded and invites have to be sent out via the PS network... every single time. My account has a bug (known issue according to the developers) that whenever I finish a match, I'm kicked into a pseudo-lobby where I can't join any games for 3 minutes, unless I restart the entire application.... every single time.

Then the big problem with the game design... each match is entirely reliant on the killer whether or not it's fun. You'll run into some that are easy to trick and hide from, which is fine, but more often than not, you run into someone that doesn't seem to understand how they win, so they instead make life hell for one of the survivors. I can't count the number of times one of my friends or myself would get caught and hooked by the killer, only to have them stand directly next to the victim for the duration of their death. No one can safely make a rescue attempt on that person, so instead all the generators are started and everyone else gets to escape. It's way too easy if you didn't get caught and just feels bad if you were unlucky and got hooked. Not everyone plays like that of course, but it happens often enough that some sort of penalty on the killer in that situation would make sense.

All in all, it's a fun game, I like the atmosphere, the progression is nice... I just don't know if I'll return to it often due to some of its baffling design decisions.

• Enjoying the winter in Forza Horizon 4...

Forza Horizon 4

• @axel Doesn't explain the thing I'm wondering about though.

• Climbing a nasty mountain full of nasty monsters in Ys VIII.

• @minamik how are you liking it? it was my first experience with Ys and I was very impressed with it, but I know you've had more experience with previous games in the series

• I was not expecting to start caring about Tales of Berseria 35 hours in but it has happened, the game may be overall crap it has at least taken some pretty good turns that have made it worth it to keep going.

• I was out of town for four days with no wifi and nothing to keep me sane but a Switch. Bought a couple of games for it but I wound up playing nothing but Game Dev Story anyway. Pretty fun all around.

• I've been ridiculously busy lately, due to the perfect storm of exams and volunteer work, so i haven't played much for a while.

Still going for the Spider-Man platinum, just have to complete enough crimes in each region which is quite time consuming, definitely the least interesting part of the whole Platinum attempt.

I've bought DQXI and Hollow Knight but haven't touched them at all, saving them for long stress-free sessions.

I actually started playing Uncharted 4 Multiplayer again, i've been a regular player since it's launch and i'm happy that many others are still playing it. I guess this is the game that i can't let go of, not yet.

• Tried the Porsche 918 Spyder in Forza Horizon 4 and really like that car. Fast und very fun to drive. Even in winter... maybe not offroad... ;-)

Forza Horizon 4

Forza Horizon 4

• Friday The 13th: The Game - Virtual Cabin

With absolutely no hyperbole, this may be one of my favorite optional features ever released in a game. When you first pop in, you're able to explore a cabin in first-person, with tons of items relating to the movie franchise and the game development. Think of it as a themed museum to tour through. If it was just that, I'd be happy but... I noticed that these word puzzles were placed on the backside of certain books and the computer on the desk asked me for a certain password. After inputting the code, you're placed inside a newer version of the cabin... more places to explore, now you can crouch and pick up items. The cabin basically becomes a first-person puzzle game and although the puzzles are difficult (I used a guide, no shame) it just keeps unlocking more areas to explore and eventually Jason busts out and murders some people. It took me an hour or two to see everything in the cabin and witness the new map the developers were working on (and legally aren't allowed to put in the game anymore). This immense attention to detail that could easily go unnoticed by most players? I love this sort of thing.

Home Run High

About 4 years ago, I was addicted to mobile games from Kairosoft. They're most well-known for their Game Dev Story but they've released a plethora of simulation based mobile games. It had been awhile since I dove in and I decided to check out their newer releases, immediately becoming interested in their baseball simulator. Even though a lot of their games feel extremely similar, it's such an addicting loop once it gets its claws in you. I've always liked their sports games the most - whether it's Blitzball or something more simulation based like a Kairosoft game, I love building/training a team and watching them do their best. The weather outside just started getting colder so on those days where it's chilly and my cat is curled up beside me in my bed, I forsee a lot of this game being played.

• @bam541 The greatest mistake I made was leaving those crimes til the end. Doing the platinum, they were the last thing I had to do as well and it almost had me hating the game. Good thing swinging feels so good, or else I would never have finished that platinum.

• Return of the Obra Dinn

Only had a chance to look into it briefly at first but it is an interesting concept if nothing else, though whether or not the execution is as good as I hope is yet to be seen, anyhow for those not aware these the new game from the creator of Papers, Please so if anyone thought that was interesting (I thought it was perfect) give it a shot.