[Official] What are you playing?

• Cars 2 This has been quite a fun little game so far. There's a good number of options available, though I'm sure the online aspect no longer works. The racing gets quite fast and frantic and the weapons are decent enough, pulling off all the tricks and gaining your turbo boosts is where the true skill comes in though.

Sniper Elite 4 A fantastic sequel and easily the best Elite game so far. The open aspect to each mission is better done than III and there's a great sense of satisfaction to both the planning and execution for the wide array if objectives.

Mafia 3 Thought is was about time to tick this one off the list. It's an extremely typical, by the numbers sandbox title and it's sad that it has in fact lost its identity as a franchise with this entry, that said, there's still quite a bit of fun to be had, it's also made me realise I have little need to pick up RDR2 any time soon really, I have a number if these types of games already to work my way through and they're all very much the same.

Bound Pretentious nonsense to be honest, next to nothing to recommend here. The small amounts of platforming is its only really saving grace, but even that isn't pulled off very well.

• Felt like picking up the latest NHL game a week or so ago (not sure what kicked it off but somewhere over the summer I just got really into Hockey) and while I was at it I got Madden '17 since it was like six bucks and figured "why not give this series a chance for once?" I don't think I like it, but I also think unlike say MLB The Show that might just be me not understanding what I'm doing at all and not it being inherently a game I couldn't get behind.

• @hanabi i buy the nhl games every year there a good time waster and have some fun systems to play with im also a huge fan of the sport

• After giving it another day I've decided Madden just ain't for me. To be fair I never liked football to begin with so maybe it was just doomed from the start. On the plus side NHL '19 is pretty solid.

@ff7cloud yeah it's definitely a good "put a podcast on in the background" kinda game. Mostly just play franchise mode with some custom team that probably isn't very good but I'm having fun, so whatever.

• @hanabi if you don't mind a super out of date roster and have access to a PS2 (or don't mind emulating) try NFL 2K5, it was the first football game I played and it was very enjoyable, to my dissapointment I later saw there were only Madden games afterwards and they are orders of magnitudes less enjoyable than 2k5.

• @bard91 Don't care about rosters, if I see it a secondhand shop or get an urge to try again I'll keep an eye on it.

• @hanabi said in [Official] What are you playing?:

On the plus side NHL '19 is pretty solid.

Lose the previous game in an embarrassing fashion, start next game with an own-goal. Felt so good to manage to turn that one around into an 8-1 blowout.

• @bard91 Not as good as the 2.5D older Ys games and a bit too long in the tooth imo.

• I got the Xbox versions of Fatal Frame 1 and 2 a few weeks back and just finished playing 1. Was my second playthrough (1st was the PS2 Classic on PS3)

Equal parts frightening and frustrating, but I still love it, lol. Now on to 2. Should I try out the exclusive fps mode?

• Got back into Awesomenauts today. Holy crap! So much has changed since Ted dropped. 34 Nuats and its free to play noe.

[brain bits everywhere]

• @theultimogringo I haven't played it in years! That was the only MOBA to ever capture my attention, I'm curious to go back with that many characters now.

• @sabotagethetruth Give it a shot. Its active enough to get games in. Have yet to play a game with bots.

• Any thoughts about Snake Pass? It's currently on sale at Store, only 5,95 €. I'm really curious, as it seems so unique. I think I'll end up getting it now, but is the game how frustrating? Does it take long to begin to understand the snake's movements? How did you like it, the ones who've played it?

• To try out my new Analogue Super NT, I decided to start with Soul Blazer. For as much love as Illusion of Gaia and Terranigma get, I'm surprised this doesn't get more attention. I'm really enjoying it so if the spiritual successors get that much more attention, I'm looking forward to them. Also loving the Super NT.

• playing kingdom hearts 2 right now.

about 3.5 hours in, seems kinda shallow

• Finished Fatal Frame 2: Director's Cut on FPS Mode. Fun to replay this gem in a new way.

• Kyle and Lucy: Wonderworld is about as blatantly inspired by Sonic as it gets but it doesn't feel like a ripoff since it's more about exploring the levels than just blazing to the end. Considering that was my favorite aspect of Sonic CD I can't complain.

Also been playing a bit of Wandersong and I dunno if I like it or not. The whole singing mechanic is great and I love messing with the world while doing it like causing leaves to fly around or changing colors of flowers, but one major gripe I have about it is how some characters have a bad case of the "high schooler that thinks they're too cool for everything" attitude in their writing. I feel like I've been seeing that a lot lately and it's always incredibly off-putting.

• I have been playing the hell out of Persona 5

• Played Mega Man 11 and Tetris Effect. So far both games are exceeding my expectations. GOTY contenders? Why not.

• 2064: Read Only Memories

One of my favorite things about PS Plus is jumping into a game that I know very little about and being pleasantly surprised. As soon as the title card hit with this game and a real catchy jam came on, I knew I was going to enjoy it. I'm still in the very early goings (just completed chapter one) but this is the type of point and click experience I love - lots of characterization and jokes to be found if you just mess around with everything you find. Although the whole robot acceptance in our immediate future has been done to death in media, I'm a sucker for stories on the subject. Some real solid 80s vibes on this one too, max cozy levels.