[Official] What are you playing?

• I don't know if I have ever been as uninterested 20 hours into a game as I'm with Dragon Quest 11, I legit forgot I was playing it and just remembered when I saw the box and immediately groaned, IDK if I wanna ditch it but I definitely don't have any desire to play it at least right now, I'm agreeing with a description I saw in reddit for the game, as weaponized nostalgia for japanese gamers.

On the brigther side The Missing is turning out to be a pretty interesting game.

• @bard91 oh no, I was really looking forward to that game. For my own reference, have you played and enjoyed any others from the series?

• @e_zed_eh_intern I played 8 like 10 years ago and liked it but I wouldn't say it is one of my favorites or anything like that, and I have to wonder how much I would like it if I played it today. On this one there's literally nothing that has me invested with very bland gameplay, unfulfilling exploration, and a flavorless story.

• @e_zed_eh_intern said in [Official] What are you playing?:

@bard91 oh no, I was really looking forward to that game. For my own reference, have you played and enjoyed any others from the series?

If it helps, I've played every entry and I've found XI to be outstanding so far. It truly is JRPG goodness.

• Banned

Got God of War for 17 dollars on Black Friday. I just finished the first boss and decided to take a break. It's not very fun. If I want an action game so obsessed with story, I'll rather watch a movie or TV show, which do it ten times better anyway. I LOVE cinema. But I don't envy it when I'm playing games, like these stupid developers. This story isn't entertaining or interesting so far. The son and his shitty father haven't done anything for me. The presentation is very impressive, but so what? I think I already prefer the old games. They felt more like games. Even Uncharted, the game that all these are influenced by, felt more like a game. Once again, it seems all the reviewers and PlayStation fans got it wrong. These action games are so pretentious. Like taking Die Hard and trying to turn it into high art. It's also really fucking annoying to look back now and remember how people attacked me for criticizing the game without playing it. I have eyes and experience from similar games. I can see problems. I don't have to play every game to decide whether or not it really is that good. The camera IS as problematic as I predicted and the story DOES quickly get boring and intrusive and the gamey level design IS missed.

• Titanfall 2

Finally got around to trying it. The on foot gunplay is actually a lot of fun, but I don't like the titan gameplay all that much so far.

• Beat Astro Bot: Rescue Mission. Excellent game that people with PSVR headset should get. It's that good.
    Currently going through Shenmue. 1st timer to the series but I tried a bit of Shenmue 2 on my friends Dreamcast a long time ago.

• @sheria That's awesome! I saw the ultimate edition was on sale (PSN store) frequently and I decided to finally buy it. I had a pretty good time with the campaign actually, and I was addicted to the multiplayer for a while.

I also used soldier more than the titan, only because the solider can perform a lot of fast paced moves on titans or soldiers.

• Like a few others on here, I picked up God of War on black Friday. Damn, was I missing out! I pushed it back for a while, but the black Friday deal made it an easy buy. I played God of War 1 back in the day, and I was nervous to jump into the new God of War.

Games that are absent for a while and then have a modern sequel intimate me, because I love to be 100% into the story. I like to know the little details that aren't that important. I like to experience the back stories for myself. I hadn't played God of War 2 and I played 1/4 of God of War 3, so jumping into the 2018 release was not on my radar.

I have to say though, buying it was the best purchase of the year. This game may even be my GOTY. There is much to love and I stopped playing Read Dead and AC Odyssey because I am addicted to it. Wonderful game!

• Is it bad, that I'm still - even after two months - playing a mobile game on my smartphone (and parallel on my pc in an emulator)?

Azur Lane is just so much fun... And y'know... gotta catch'em all...

I like the artstyle and the entertaining (bullet hell) fights. It is also surprising fair for a free 2 play game (on a level with something like Warframe). Thx to a fast rollout of new content and (limited time) events, there is always something new to achieve and collect. Of course you then want to level all your ship-waifus, equip them with the best possible gear and maybe even marry them. And it is also always fun to experiment with new or different fleet combinations in PvE or PvP.

At the moment i'm trying to finish the retrofit for my USS Laffey.

Azur Lane

And the (limited time) event "Visitors from another dimension" (Trailer) just ended. As a collaboration with the Hyperdimension Neptunia JRPG Franchise, it had 8 Event-Ships (the four heros from the rpgs and their cpu forms), a Eventstory, Eventmaps. Also included where 4 additional cosmetic skins for the cpu forms and a new themed set for the dorm.

Azur Lane

I had the luck to add all 8 ships into my collection and was reminded how fair Azur Lane is. There are always some event ships which are very easily (and with with little time commitment) collectible (either as event gift, as easy obtainable loot on event maps or as reward for a casual player friendly quest). Even gatcha resources are easy to get and gatcha rates are usually very fair (compared to other gatcha games). Only players who want to "catch'em all", have to prepare for upcoming events, take their time grinding during the event or spend some money to shorten the grind. So far, i never missed a time limited event ship and I consider myself an average player in Azur Lane. Only the cosmetic event skins (and the completion of the themed event set) require money.

Azur Lane

• I've been playing almost nothing but Battlefield V for a couple of hours every day since last time i posted here, and Tetris Effect here and there too. The December update for BFV just rolled out and it's cool. The Last Tiger war story is really good, the Panzerstorm map is fun, and the Tides of War stuff adds a lot to the progression system. I can't believe they messed up the Practice Range though. Anyway, i think i need to stop playing BFV for a bit since i still have RDR2, DQXI and Mega Man XI waiting to be finished, but man it's been a blast, it's really hard to put down. Still needs more bug fixes though.

Also, Tetris Effect makes me realize how bad i am with Tetris. Gotta break my limits though, i need more time to listen to the wonderful songs.

• I've been jumping all over the place so let's get down to it.

Fortnite Season 7

Some really great changes already. Zip lines are fun to use, planes add an entirely new dimension to both combat and traversal, and being able to finally change the look of your guns/vehicles using "wraps" is such a good addition. They did remove some of my favorite spots (Flush Factory/Risky Reels) but showcasing player creations is going to be a enjoyable feature. I also won the very first game I played in the season, so that's a feel good moment.

Cosmic Star Heroine

I remember Bosman gushing about this on an older Frame Trap, so I picked it up on the cheap. Really thoughtful combat that is familiar yet unique and allows for a lot of choice and flexibility for how you tackle most encounters. The story doesn't feel like anything special yet but the characters are growing on me.

ONRUSH

Playing this game single player is a blast, I love having different objectives to aim for and most of the game types are interesting. Playing this online was one of the buggiest experiences I've ever encountered. Maybe their servers were overloaded because of all the PS Plus players, but woof... I'd constantly load into games that didn't exist, load into games with 2 seconds left, explode before I was even given a chance to respawn/move, and all sorts of strange things that just didn't feel right. Maybe I'll try again later in the week to see if it was a fluke.

• I'm obviously playing the Persona dancing games, I'll have o play them more to see how I end up feeling about them, but man I forgot how much of a blast just playing the game was.

• @ezekiel Well I don't think you need to call the developers stupid because you didn't like the game.
    You are entitled to your opinion and luckily for you there are still plenty of games that aren't concerned with story.

Assassin's Creed Odyssey
    I am having fun with this, even though it's certainly not perfect. It's great coming to this after RDR2. I might have adored RDR2 but it's nice to not worry about my horse being out of whistle range.... though I still accidentally killed someone when trying to talk to them.

• Banned

@inustar You're right, they're not stupid. They're just giving the tasteless masses what they want, what sells, which is as bad. There are not plenty of other (fun) games. Film envy has infected almost the whole AAA industry. I don't wanna be forced to just play indie and Nintendo games (as much as I like my Switch). There are good ways to copy cinema. This is the lazy, boring way.

• @sabotagethetruth Glad to hear ONRUSH is a good experience for playing single player. It was on my buy list after Bloodworths review, but now its free! I was curious if playing solo is rewarding, I am not sure what to expect since it's such a unique racing game.

• @cptcobblepot I don't think its as robust or as rewarding, but for an hour or two, it's a blast. Gives me some Burnout vibes, even if you're not technically racing.

• Cosmic Star Heroine

There's a huge Resident Evil 2 nod/reference in this game!

There's a side quest to explore the police station which is infested with zombies. You have to put jewels in eyes of statues, play a piano after finding sheet music, and the main boss is the police chief that looks a whole lot like Tyrant.

It has really grown on me overall. I think some of the battles can take just a wee bit too long at the end of the game (at least I think I'm near the end?) but the combat is the highlight of the game, so I don't mind too much.

Rock Band 4

I got a really odd itch to play plastic guitars (and I've been playing real ones too) so I booted this bad boy up after a few years of inactivity. I was blown away by the number of DLC songs available... over 2,000. There's also the Rivals DLC to purchase, but I can't afford it currently. I'm sure I'll drop this in a week or so but I can see some long nights ahead for me.

• slowly grinding to get trophies for NBA 2k19 today