[Official] What are you playing?

• Just the first few minutes of Atelier Rorona, it is clearly a low budget game, but I like the premise and goddammit is it freaking adorable.

• Children of Zodiarcs

I generally jive pretty well with SRPGs and when I saw this one had deck-building mechanics similar to some board/card games, I was really on board. Critically, it seemed to review well but the user score is abysmal, mostly it looks like due to difficulty, so that made it an easy choice to start the game on normal. I'm only on about the sixth mission or so currently, but I'm having a good time. The deck and dice building doesn't seem as robust as I initially thought, but that could just be because I'm not far enough in the game. It's giving me Fire Emblem vibes so far - what I mean by that is I don't care at all about the story, but the combat is fun. Interested to see how this changes and evolves throughout the game.

• More a question really. But I'm thinking of taking my X1S back and getting a X1X, but I dont want to lose my current save progress.
    How do o use the Cloud save function on X1?

• Banned

@dmcmaster On PS4 you would go to the game you want to upload in your Library, hit the Options button, and select "Upload/Download Save Data".

Can't imagine it is radically different on Xbox, though I have heard horror stories about how incredibly unintuitive the Xbox UI is, so I could be wrong.

• @el-shmiablo I've been doing that, but can't find anything close to it

• Finally beat RDR2. Now, on to Valkyria Chronicles 4.

• Burnout Paradise Remastered

I haven't played a Burnout game in ages so this feels like home. As soon as I was able, I removed that awful Guns N' Roses song from the playlist and just drove around, launching off of ramps and crashing through billboards. I ended up getting 17 trophies in less than an hour, which has to be some sort of personal record.

• @hanabi said in [Official] What are you playing?:

It's that time of the year again so I'm going all in on Christmas NiGHTS.

Still that time of the year. Finally set a new personal best.
    You are not far away
    Feels good. Wonder if I can break 430k in the next 10 days.

• Currently playing Assassin's Creed: Odyssey on Xbox One and really enjoying it so far. I haven't had this much fun with an AC game since Black Flag. On my PC I have finally taken the time to jump into Subnautica, and I am loving that as well, despite the almost constant anxiety and terror it causes me!

• I thought it was a bad idea, but I started three jrpgs at the same time nonetheless, I only have like 4 hours into each one but still.

Trails in the Sky

I bit the bullet and finally decided to actually see if I'll go through all Trails games in preparation for ToCS3, so far I like do not as much as ToCS and I can at least say Estelle is a treasure already.

Atelier Rorona

This game is potentially dangerous, like I can see myself just getting completely absorbed into it and some parts have been just unbearably cute.

Tokyo Xanadu

I like the beginning, gameplay is much worse than Ys 8 but I'm at least interested to see more of it based on the first few hours.

• @hanabi said in [Official] What are you playing?:

Feels good. Wonder if I can break 430k in the next 10 days.

I had a run yesterday that completely fell apart when I couldn't pull off the paraloop on the boss at the start, but I managed to rebound today and crush 430k like it was nothing. Don't think I'm gonna top this before the end of the holiday season, but it can't hurt to keep trying to break that 450k barrier.
    Anytime any place, I can see your face

• Tetris Effect in VR with headphones is like a whole other experience.

• Started hollow Knight and im in love, i don't play 2D games ever so i challenged myself to finish this one, hopefully i can before the new year.

• I already did two, full 100% playthroughs of FFX-2 on PS2, but I felt it was time to do another now. I'm actually aiming for PS4 versions platinum this time, which does actually have a number of criteria not involved with seeing It to 100%. It all looks perfectly doable, getting to Trema was a pain in the ass, but I've done it before, so I can do it again. There's only one thing I don't like about the trophy list though, it seems I HAVE to play shitzball.

• Still playing Azur Lane... gotta catch'em all...

Azur Lane

And the newly released global version for Destiny Child... another hero collector...

Destiny Child

While Azur Lane is a pure waifu collector (with ship girls and bullethell shooter fights), Destiny Child (with Demon Girls and a more traditional combat system) has not only waifus but also enough male or other character designs to collect, grow, equip and perfect. Lucky, both mobile games belong to the most f2p friendly mobile games, I know. So paying real money is optional (or for cosmetic items like skins). Everything else can also be obtained with enough patience to grind for them. Of course, real money can make progress faster, but even without money, there is enough progress in a reasonable amount of time possible. Both games have a unusually helpful and welcoming communities on their very active discord servers and both games are fairly new. Updates including new content or events happen often and regularly. There is always more than enough to do and aim for. And the artstyle and presentation in both games are just phenomenal with solid but grindy game systems underneath all of it.

• Speaking of Azur Lane... Just found "Azur Lane: Making a Better Gacha" on Crunchyroll's Youtubechannel.
    The developer explains here his philosophy for the game (of course intended as marketing for the game).

Youtube Video

• Almost stopped playing BFV when DICE fucked up and made the game way worse in an update a couple days ago, but now everything is back to normal and they also gave us 2 free guns to play with so i'm happy.

• Rainbow Moon

If I had to sit down and be objective about this thing, it's maybe a 5 or 6... but I can't seem to stop playing it for some reason. The art style is pretty bland, the music feels repetitive, the characters and skills aren't anything special... but the combat is just fun enough to make me want to keep going. Is this what Stockholm syndrome feels like?

• I played a bit of smash this morning and when I was done I checked the news feed and saw the latest releases on eshop. The nanosecond I saw Puzzle Bobble was on the list I bought it. I've loved that game since I was a small kid playing awful Shockwave ripoffs of it on my dad's computer. Game's still great, even if I'm not good at it at all.