[Official] What are you playing?

• Downwell

I had downloaded this on sale awhile ago and played it for maybe 15 minutes, all while not really forming a solid opinion on it. I was stricken with analysis paralysis on what to play last night and it was still on my hard drive, so I gave it a real go this time. This definitely falls under the "one more time" type of game and thanks to the upgrades and random guns you can grab, each run feels different enough. Once you get in a rhythm, you can really move through stages quickly while slaughtering enemies, in a weird pseudo-dance descent of death. I'm not sure if I have the patience or skill to make it to the end but I think this will be a great game to play when I don't have a lot of time on my hands.

• Ranko Tsukigime's Longest Day: What a mindfu** this game is...I guess that's a given with Suda51, but I'm getting Gainax levels of weird, lol.

• @bam541 ever play any ace combats before? how would you rate it?

• @dmcmaster lol i loved 3 so much. that last level felt like it deserved to be long but it is a great trilogy to me. really defined my experience on 360

• @bigdude1 Only finished the PSP ones, Skies of Deception and Joint Assault. Barely touched the PS2 ones.

Skies of Deception is one of my favorite games on the PSP, it's an absolute blast and i really like that the branching paths do affect the gameplay. Also remembered that i quite enjoyed the story a bit. I don't remember much from Joint Assault tbh. It's definitely not as good as SoD.

I would say that AC7 is easily better than them (already made a long post on the Last Game Finished thread about it). Right now i'm playing AC5 The Unsung War, i'll probably share my thoughts pretty soon.

• Been playing the Ace Combat 7 multiplayer for a bit. My hands really hurt from all the radical motions and positions it was doing, lol. Switching targets, launching missiles, doing high G-turns, aiming the machine gun reticule, watching the radar AND preparing to pop the flares at anytime, all at the same time. Never gets breezy, unlike the singleplayer.

• @bam541 I loved 5, really great story, and great campaign in general.

• Final Fantasy 7 on PS4. Just left the Temple of the Ancients.

I sure like it, but it plays a bit clunkier than FF6 (which I also just finished for the first time a couple of months ago). And the translation sure is distracting.

• @minamik said in [Official] What are you playing?:

I believe this was around the same time as when he participated in the Guild01 collection of short 3DS games (his was Liberation Maiden)

Correct. I really liked both Lib Maiden and Short Piece.

• Dragon Quest 11

Although I've played Dragon Quest Builders and Dragon Quest Heroes, this is my first proper Dragon Quest. Due to hearing about how easy it is, I have the Draconic Quest on to make enemies tougher. While I'm enjoying my time with it so far, there's nothing that is really blowing me away either. Characters are bland, the music makes me feel like I'm in a demented circus, and combat is as traditional as it gets, making me really miss more engaging turn-based combat, such as push-turn from SMT/Persona. Luckily, JRPGs are my favorite so I'm having no problems pushing on, I just wouldn't recommend this to anyone that wasn't a fan of the genre, as it does absolutely nothing unique.

• I reached disc 2 in Final Fantasy 7. Even though I already knew what was going to happen it was still a strong and emotional scene.

• Banned

Okami HD. First time playing it ever. Fun, but stupidly easy so far. Does it become more challenging as it goes on? I don't mind a comfy, beautiful Zelda clone at all, but so far the shit is basically on autopilot.

• @el-shmiablo it does, but its no hack n slash

• Banned

@bigdude1 Okay. I was kinda hoping to style on sum orochi by the end, but oh well.

• Check out this video "Enough Disney, back to Horror " http://www.twitch.tv/psnhayterfan/v/373157742?sr=a&t=0s

• Monster Hunter World. Collecting Appreation tickets for new gear but also do other stuffs since events like these are good time to do limited stuffs I have missed. Missing stuffs from Summer and Winter and things between them.

• Very early in Sunless Skies, but I'm liking it so far.
    Youtube Video

• I finished Short Peace and RE2 (through both A's and Leon's B), and have started KHIII. We heard you like Xehanort, so we added some Xehanort to your Xehanort...and wtf?

• Trails in the Sky 9/10

Overall really good game, I didn't like it as much as I liked Cold Steel 1, but I certainly liked it well enough to want to play the other games, so now I'm in a race against time to beat the other 4 games in between TitS1 and ToCS before ToCS3 comes out.

Edit:
    Ooops I intended to put this on the finished games thread, oh well :P

• Started Sonic Mania. I don't have much experience with the 2D Sonic games so this is quite exciting.