[Official] What are you playing?

• I finished Short Peace and RE2 (through both A's and Leon's B), and have started KHIII. We heard you like Xehanort, so we added some Xehanort to your Xehanort...and wtf?

• Trails in the Sky 9/10

Overall really good game, I didn't like it as much as I liked Cold Steel 1, but I certainly liked it well enough to want to play the other games, so now I'm in a race against time to beat the other 4 games in between TitS1 and ToCS before ToCS3 comes out.

Edit:
    Ooops I intended to put this on the finished games thread, oh well :P

• Started Sonic Mania. I don't have much experience with the 2D Sonic games so this is quite exciting.

• Into The Breach

Thanks to my shiny new refurbished Switch, I'm able to finally play this game. I had a period of about a week where I just sunk all my time into FTL and as much as I enjoyed it, the random elements really started to bother me at points. A decision that last playthrough may have given you tons of resources and a new gun decides to punish you on the next by taking away a member of the ship, severely reducing your chances of success. So when it comes to Into the Breach brilliantly telling you everything that is about to happen, I'm in love. Each turn feels like a new chessboard has just been set up for me to try to avoid an extremely dire situation. I still only have the first team available and I haven't cleared the first island yet but each mistake I make is a learning experience.

Although my impressions are still early on in the game, I get the feeling this would have made it on my list of the best games in 2018.

• Sonic Adventure even rougher than I remember. Still love it though, I think there's something to be said about games that don't know or don't care about their limits and just go as far as they can push themselves anyway.

• I keep playing Final Fantasy 7 and things are going down! I feel like I might fly to the final boss fight tonight and am very close to the end. I guess.

• Apex Legends is great! Strong gunplay and squad system. It's the first BR game i tried that really clicked with me (PUBG was a too unpolished for me, i don't care much for Fortnite's building mechanics).

Also played BFV for a bit after a short hiatus, i think it plays better now since there's a good amount of new quality of life improvements. Good to know it's getting better, can't wait for the Firestorm BR mode. Too bad I won't have much time for multiplayer games now though, gotta clear some of my backlog soon.

• Apex Legends

I like the characters, how gunplay feels, how easy it is to tag things, and the general sense of identity this game offers but considering the only option is for squads of 3, I've already had some very negative experiences - a teammate screaming into his mic that the other person on the team didn't have a mic, and squad mates watching me bleed out but not helping. Then again, two different friends wanted to team up with me and I said no due to Dragon Quest, so I'm sure I'd have a much better time with people I know. Still, with all the hype and good vibes around this title, it may just be a nice shakeup to the genre.

• Currently playing three horror games at once XD

The first is The Forest with some other live streamers. We're trying to make our own sacrificial tower complete with skull church. It's been insanely intense. We're on day 41 currently.

The second is Resident Evil 2. It's going slower than usual because I want to stream the entire experience with my wife so we can only play on Saturday evenings. Almost done with the game though! Just leaving the sewers and I am super excited.

Finally I am playing Subnautica and I DARE you to argue that this is not a horror game. I have never felt such anxiety in a game in all my life. Normally these survival games allow you to build bases, armor, and weapons to the point where survival becomes a breeze but in Subnautica, you are ALWAYS at the bottom of the food chain. Upgrade your PRAWN, MOTH, or Cyclops all you want; it does not matter. All you need to do is attract the attention of the wrong fishie fishie and you will watch all your hard work explode around you leaving your defenseless body swimming as fast as possible from an ocean of meat eats.

• Two Falcom games mostly, and two very different experiences.

Trails in the Sky SC

Jumped right away after finishing the first, this is a strong start for a JRPG, and 6 hours I'm just loving it, definitely a strength of a having a whole previous game to set up the game and plot for this one

Tokyo Xanadu

This game is baaaad, I wasn't expecting the same level of quality as other Falcom games, but this is just pretty bad, many aspects are competent, but it is just so incredibly uninteresting, like I'm finding it even less compelling than DQ11 which is saying a lot, I'm so close to the end so I'm just gonna push through but don't touch this one.

• Apex Legends

Finally got in a solid 2 hours with friends and had a much better time, especially since I was playing as Bloodhound, using his tracking abilities, and helping the team score some kills. Still, I'm already a little concerned with how long I'd be entertained with this game so I feel it's really up to Respawn to constantly push out updates a la Fortnite to keep things feeling fresh, with new map areas, weapons, and characters. If they go the route of Call of Duty: Blackout and fail to update the game quickly/significantly, it's going to sink pretty fast.

• Apex Legends

The first BR game which i actually like to play. It's fast, twitchy and snappy. Cool guns, great mechanics and lots of fun. If anyone wants to play on PC on EU servers, let me know. I'm so down.

Edit: Also for me, looking at Fortnite now it looks soooo dated and boring. They might lose the crown for a long time.

• Snagged Just Cause 4 for pretty cheap, and I dont think I've ever been so bored with explosions going on.

• Finally playing Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2. It's solid, I do enjoy it a lot, and I think it has a better soundtrack than 3 even. But I dunno I guess it's just one of those things where it's hard to go back after playing the sequel so much. The fact that it's got that patented PS1 low framerate isn't helping but I've mostly adjusted to it at this point.

• I finally bought a Switch. I love the system, it's a really stylish piece of tech. And I'm actually enjoying playing some of the time in handheld, even thought I bought it primarily to be a home console. I'm playing Super Mario Odyssey and Mario Kart 8.

When it was released I heard a lot of commentary about Odyssey being too easy, but being really precise with the controls is an issue, so I wouldn't like for the game to be any harder. The boss battles are all lacking inspiration too. That being said, I'm still loving my time with the game. It has strong Mario 64 vibes, and I'm enjoying the creativity and vibrancy of the game. This is my first Nintendo system since the DS, and this is the type of experience you don't really get on other consoles. Great game.

Mario Kart 8 is super. My OCD means that I have to get 3* on all the tournaments in order starting with the 50cc grand prix. I'm nearing the end of the 100cc grand prix, and it's not been to challenging yet. Because I'm always leading in the races the only weapon types I've really seen are bananas and green shells, so hopefully 150cc and 200cc will prove more challenging.

• Just played the Yoshi's Crafted World demo. I can confirm that it is both jolly and fun.

• @bard91 Thanks for reminding me that I bought Zero and Ao, and still need to play them for the Crossbell context.

• Played a bit of the Daemon x Machina demo last night, will play some more tomorrow. Got my Asuka color scheme down pretty well though.

• Fire Emblem Warriors and Onimusha: Remaster.

• Ghost Survivors, baby! Not quite what I had been anticipating, but free dlc is free dlc, still had fun with it.