[Official] What are you playing?

• @dipset I streamed Deus Ex last year with the Revision mod and still had a great time with it. Would definitely recommend checking it out.

I do like those types of games though and always wanted to check out the original.

• @dipset Got Euro Truck Simulator 2 the other day and it's so relaxing to play. I absolutely recommend it. I also would try out Eurojank stuff like Gothic II (the only one i tried, really enjoyed it), and delve into the STALKER games.

• Thanks guys!

Just looked into the Revision mod for Deus Ex and Gothic II. I think I might get both of these games. There is also an unofficial patch for Vampire as well as a 1440p mod, so I might even dive into all three. I need to christen my new mouse and soon to be keyboard.

I've never heard the term "Eurojank" but it sounds endearing.

EDIT:

Just found this dudes essay on Gothic 1. He seems to be in-line with my issues of open world games today and sings the praises of Gothic and Gothic II. I'd disagree that all of the hand holding elements in today's open world games are all for worse though. Divinity II could have used arrows on the map and tracked your quest progress. I finish a day of work and I don't want to have to check my handwritten notes about what I was doing in a video game a few nights ago.

Regardless, seems like Gothic series is a gem I missed because of my age, but I love Morrowind and other games he lists so I should try this out!

Youtube Video

• Been procrastinating on starting Metro Exodus. Been sick the past few days, and have been playing a lot of mobile games from my bed.

• 3D Dot Game Heroes. Next up on my list from the "Tackle the Backlog" topic.

I'm maybe half an hour in. The jolliness is near-Santa levels and it feels like it might scratch the Zelda itch for now.

• I also need to get back to 3D Dot Game Heroes.

Currently, I just started playing ZeroRanger and I am having a good time with it. Reminiscent of Downwell, which was one of my favorites from this gen.

• @E_Zed_Eh_Intern @HoloGraphics 3D Dot Game Heroes was the first FromSoftware game I ever beat. If you're Dark/Demon's Souls fans, pay attention to the weapons in game. It eve has some of those beautiful From cross-over shenanigans.

• @sazime Wait, 3D Dot was a From Soft game? I respect them even more now.

• @bam541 I hope you don't get stuck in the mud like Blood did, lol.

• After getting the platinum in Resident Evil 2, I was craving some more Leon action, so I dusted off the PS3 and played through RE4, which lead to me realizing there's a game I downloaded and then never got around to. Until DMC5, I've got some spare game time, so I'm now playing Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner: Raidou Kuzunoha vs. The Soulless Army. This game has vibes for days!

• @minamik Started Raidou around a year ago and really enjoyed it. Then a baby came.

• @bam541 It's kind of a cheat, but the did publish it in Japan, and there are Souls nods here and there, so I think it kind of counts. :)

• DOA6
    Gotta say I'm loving the idea of DOA Quest mode, quick little challenges using different characters. Good way to motivate me and others to try other characters

• Closing on to 10 hours in Prey, and while I don't love it and have more than a few complaints with it, I can see why some people think highly of it, as it does do some pretty interesting stuff, but I just can't bring my self up to play more than an hour at a time.

• @bard91 I'm curious, which part of the game bothers you?

• @bam541 it doesn't bother me but the gameplay itself is not that much fun to me, combat specially feels kind off, and I've seen a few technical issues, other than that I think most of the things that bother me somewhat are more on the design of the game and them not necessarilly being my preference, but not flaws necessarily.

• @bard91 Ahh, okay

• Platinumed RE2. Now I have time for other games but man did it take my whole month getting it.

• Not playing but just ordered Ace Combat 7. Never played any of the games but I want to try it in VR and see how Sturdy my VR legs are.

• 40 hours into the second game of Trails in The Sky and I just discovered there's a turbo button on the PC version ... FML!!!!!