[Official] What are you playing?

• The Division 2, baby!

• I've been feeling this weird, unexplainable itch to play a game where I drive a tank around and do tank things for the last few weeks. And for some reason, I felt the best course of action was to totally ignore the Valkyria Chronicles games I have sitting in my backlog, and to totally ignore all those free to play tank games I keep seeing ads for, and instead import a licensed game based on an anime I know nothing about. I don't really know what I'm doing in Girls und Panzer: Dream Tank Match DX but I'm having fun learning the ropes so far. I can already tell once I get a bit deeper into it I'm gonna waste a lot of time customizing my tank with all these different models and decals I keep unlocking. I will say though, there's a lot of talking in this. Like way too much, I'm not even five missions in and I'm already skimming the text. Probably doesn't help that it gives me the vibe that it's just recapping the TV show I didn't watch.

• @hanabi said in [Official] What are you playing?:

I've been feeling this weird, unexplainable itch to play a game where I drive a tank around and do tank things for the last few weeks. And for some reason, I felt the best course of action was to totally ignore the Valkyria Chronicles games I have sitting in my backlog, and to totally ignore all those free to play tank games I keep seeing ads for, and instead import a licensed game based on an anime I know nothing about. I don't really know what I'm doing in Girls und Panzer: Dream Tank Match DX but I'm having fun learning the ropes so far. I can already tell once I get a bit deeper into it I'm gonna waste a lot of time customizing my tank with all these different models and decals I keep unlocking. I will say though, there's a lot of talking in this. Like way too much, I'm not even five missions in and I'm already skimming the text. Probably doesn't help that it gives me the vibe that it's just recapping the TV show I didn't watch.

A rather unknown game I sunk a lot of time into was Battletanx on the N64, I just loved it. Your post makes me want to fire it up again.

• I've been playing The Pandora Directive, and I just don't like it very much. I have trouble parsing out why exactly: I really like Under a Killing Moon and thought Tesla Effect was good too. Maybe it's just that it starts off in a smaller, less interesting version of the same environment from the previous game? Maybe it's the focus on money and a moral system (apparently the story forks in major ways depending on decisions made). I'm just not engaged at all by the characters, it just comes across as limp and empty to me. Maybe I'm not in the mood. I think I'll drop it and be open to giving it another shot some time in the future.

• The Division 2 is consuming my life right now, level 22 at the moment. Turns out the game is pretty fantastic so far.

• @sheria played a ton of battle tanx global assault! I must have sunk hundreds of hours into it

• Completed the campaign and reached level 30 in The Division 2. Now in world tier 1.

The game is great and would even be worth its money if you just bought it for the single player experience up to endgame.

• Just started Super Robot Wars T, hope it's good.

• I've got a bad case of Dumb Brain so games like Baba Is You aren't usually my cup of tea but damnit, I'm gonna try anyway.

• Entered World Tier 3 the other night in The Division 2. Still going strong, highly enjoying it.

• I've been playing Grim Fandango and enjoying it so far, but mostly I just want to say.

It's so good to play a game that has people that can actually speak Spanish and not have stupid grammar mistakes, it really should not be that hard but it is so often that we get games and movies with people that clearly are not spanish speakers and didn't learn to speak it properly, and that don't even have the decency of spell checking the lines, honestly it just seems like most of the times they ask the first latino they can find how to say something, and it so often just doesn't work. It is just nice to see they cared.

• Today I started three games which is highly unusual for me.

• Far Cry Primal
    • Mortal Kombat XL
    • Middle-earth: Shadow of War

• I wanted to play a bit of Catherine in anticipation of full body, so I got the PC version to kinda refresh my memories of it for a bit, I love this game.

• Tonight I started a game called Space Channel 5: Part 2, which I can only describe as the most batshit crazy game I have ever played. It honestly borders on fever-dream at some points, and the fact that it is almost entirely in Japanese doesn't help to alleviate that.

It's a musical rhythm game in which you listen to inputs (like "left" and "hey") and then press the corresponding button. On the outside it seems like any other rhythm game, but once you get going it quickly becomes a beautifully quirky mess, and I mean that in the best way. It raises so many questions. Why is this reporter saving the world? Why is the president literally named "Peace?" Why is everybody dancing? Why is Michael Jackson in it? I doubt I'll ever get answers to these questions, and honestly there probably aren't any answers to them, which is okay. I'm just happy being along for the ride.

Youtube Video

• @capnbobamous

One my all time favourites. I actually have the PAL PS2 version of it, it's become quite a rare find now, never quite understood why the Dreamcast version stayed in Japan. I've lost track of just how many times I've completed both games now, my favourite parts of 2 are the battle with Pudding and the final boss.

• As for me, I've fired up another game I started but got distracted from and that's Mirrors Edge Catalyst. I do still prefer the original, but this is truly great as well, shame it was so overlooked.

• I went off 3D Dot Game Heroes so went to another from my Tackle the Backlog: Grand Theft Auto 4. I bought it day one but went backpacking for 2 months the following week. I can't remember if I ever went back to it but I do know that, at some point, the friends and slippery driving got to me and I hard quit. I think I'm maybe 25% in now but am having a great time this time around. Hopefully I the luster doesn't wear off.

• I've been playing GTA Vice City... on my Android phone! Got a Play Store gift card and a new phone as so I tried it out. I've been very busy lately, no access to my PS4 so no console games, and this kept me entertained. It runs very well on my phone and i don't hate touch controls, so this is great so far. The game's more simple gameplay and structure (compared to newer GTAs) actually works very well in mobile form. I never finished this game before, maybe this is the time to do it?

• @sheria Yeah it's a bizarre treat. Sometimes the inputs are a little off, but not enough to where it ruins my time with the game.

• I've been playing a lot of Sekiro, and my conclusion? It's like Nioh, minus the fun, lol.