[Official] What are you playing?

• Bloodstained is really good guys cant stop playing it

• Currently playing Samurai Shodown. This is totally my kind of fighting game: no extra fuss, only the best parts. Got a good few hours so far and I'm loving it. Already got a main too (Jubei). It's not the most content filled fighting game (NetherRealms' games spoiled me), but since I'm taking this game more seriously and actually trying to put time to learn it, I don't mind sticking to regular AI battles.

Also, I will be streaming this game so I'm just gonna plug my twitch right here :)

• Having some fun with SMM2. Great as expected.

Playing Outer Wilds too. Kinda surprised that didn't saw mentions to this game around here. Visually does its job, obviously low budget, but otherwise it's just fantastic. If you like different games, jump into this knowing as little as possible. Not a difficult game but it doesn't hold your hand and much of its joy comes from exploration and discovery and it's worth to go for it knowing as little as possible and making sense of things on your own. I wish there was a really where this exact game could have an 100 million budget.

• Horizon Chase Turbo. Got it for free on psn! Where has this game been all of my life? HCT is like a spiritual successor to Rad Racer and Out Run. All of these game modes and unlockables are going to keep me busy for a while.

• argh lost like 30 mins of bloodstained progress. Accessed a new part of the castle just to stumble on a boss fight after there was no save room for a while and now i gotta go do it all again. Oh well that how it goes i guess

• Decided to play TF2 for the first time in roughly six and a half years. I kinda hated it by the time I left. I'm not sure if it's just the fact that I've had more than enough time to heal any kinda burnout, the fact that I'm not constantly surrounded by people begging for trades or spending more time gawking at hats than at actually playing the game anymore, or if I just found a rare "actually fun" server (despite being just a round of 2fort that took literally two hours to complete) but I had a great time and I can totally see myself getting back into the groove with this.

• Horizon Chase Turbo

This turned out to be much more fun than I expected. I was browsing my library with my girlfriend, trying to find something to play when it caught both of our eyes. Considering you can play all modes with extra people, that adds a lot to the experience. Some of the stages are downright beautiful too, with a strong 80s aesthetic and changing background.

DOTA: Underlords

I had tried a few other auto-chess games and never had much fun, so I decided to try out the "official" one. The in-game tutorial doesn't really prepare you for success in any feasible manner so after watching an hour long tutorial on YouTube, I felt prepared to play properly. And what do you know.. it's pretty fun. The game seems to be in some form of beta, so there's a few kinks to be worked out (and a progression system waiting in the midst) but I understand the appeal now. I still don't see this thing taking over my life, but I'm in for a few games a week.

• @sabotagethetruth I gave Horizon Chase a try because why not, and I'm honestly having a blast with it, as someone that generally has zero interest in racers this is just hitting all the right tones for me

• Not that I'm specifically playing anything here but I just spent a solid hour and a half on Homestar Runner (.com)

I played a few games like Trogdor and Peasant Quest for old times sake. I have to say that this website and Knox's Korner might be the highest amount of nostalgia per capita on the internet for me.

• I've been playing SMM2, then I checked Moonlighter on GamePass and got hooked.

• Is there a way i can play the crossbell games without owning a vita

• @ff7cloud You can buy zero from japanese websites for PC and Ao from chinese ones, but I've heard the PC version of Ao has malware.

Easiest thing would be to download the prepatched versions whcih already come with the fan translation, I can send you the links if you are interested, I bought the vita physical games simply to have them and that is more than enough for myself to justify using the pirated pc version (which I honestly wouldn't care anyhow)

• @bard91 said in [Official] What are you playing?:

with

yea send me the link ill buy a physical vita version off amazon

• Started playing Yoku's based on the recommendation from some Allies on the discord and I'm really enjoying it so far. It was an immediate buy after running through the demo.

• @binarymelon It's such a delightful game!

• Judgment. Sank probably 40h in though 7 of it was because I passed out and other 7 on Blackjack or restarting it because of bad RNG.
    Combat is fun but targeting with a wallkick is not great. I like chase sections.

• Auto Chess

The original game, not Dota Underlords or Teamfight Tactics since i don't play Dota or LoL, i've no interest in the lore of these games. I'm currently Knight-4 (Lv. 11), Win rate on ranked is at 9% out of 31 matches which i guess isn't very high but Top 3 rate is 30%.

Demon is the most OP race in my opinion: you can only have one in your formation to get the bonus and it's not worth creating a build around them but having it one early or when you are starting to lose, it is incredibly useful.

For the most part the system is fair but sometimes you wonder how a player got 2 3 stars chess pieces at round 10 (which is very early and that is an insane advantage) and even the AI is stupid (ignoring enemies with low health) which can lead you to defeat despite having the better team (particularly annoying when you are trying to catch up), plus some random bug like you defeat the strongest player in the match and somehow his HP isn't going down.

I haven't messed with the currency yet, they give you candies as rewards for logging in, completing quests, or for finishing top 3 or 5 in each match, but it seems you can only spend them on things like avatar pics or emoji.

Overall it's fun, my main criticism is with matches being a tad too long (10-15 minutes, sometimes even 20): they could do ranked matches with less players like 4 instead of 8.

Demikids: Light Version

This is part of my journey on catching up with the Megami Tensei franchise: previously I played Strange Journey (really liked it but it's hard), SMTI (i like its story and atmosphere a lot, unfortunately it didn't age great because of the samey 3D SNES environments), the mobile game Dx2 Liberation and played very little of SMT IV.

Demikids was meant to appeal to younger audiences, so it's nowhere near as dark or controversial but it keeps the same premise of balance between good and bad, law and chaos this time split into two games much like Pokémon with exclusive demons in each version, but story also changes entirely: if you pick Demikids Light you follow the path of law on Valhalla, while Dark is the path of chaos through the Dem. I chose Light only because i know it's easier and shorter (10-15 hours) so i'm more motivated to finish it, and maybe i'll try the other one after.

Visuals are similar with other GBA games, i like the demons design, more colorful than other SMT games (not that i prefer it but it's a nice twist on the old designs), music and sound effects are meh or sometimes even bad.

Gameplay is mostly SMT with some idea taken from Pokémon:

• You recruit demons by talking/negotiating, you level them up through fusing weaker demons (i've heard there is a more complex fusion system in the Dark version), standard SMT.
    • Your main demon (Nakama) follows you in the overworld and you can ride it to go faster -> take that Let's Go Pikachu / Eevee!
    • There is an Auto battle option to ease the grinding (which isn't even a lot here) like all SMT games -> why Pokémon doesn't have that?
    • You have an item called Vinecom which works exactly like the Pokédex, but it also give you stats on your current demons.
    • You can rename your demons.

So far i enjoyed what i played of it.

Tetris 99

Gotta earn that Splatoon 2 skin. I played with the Pro controller using the d-pad on low sensitivity, in a way that was an extra challenge: it actually was mostly fine, but i prefer the split buttons on the left joycon. I wish they raised the bar though, or add more Splatoon tracks if you keep playing because if you consistently finish in the top 20 or top 10 or win you get those 100 points very quickly.

Tropico 4

I often go back to it because Tropico is a summer game, it's nice to replay, building cities, doing missions and enjoying some great latin music. Tropico 4 is my favourite in the series, cause it has tons of contents with the DLCs, it modernized the gameplay while keeping the charm of the original game.

• Started Trails to zero im enjoying it so far only about 90 mins in am i right to say that its a more difficult game?

• DQB2: Addiction

• @gageblackw23 I cannot, for the love of god, find my copy of Demikids Light. And I never even got to play it. I don't imagine it could compare to the stronger SMT games but nonetheless, I wanna do the whole dang series.