[Official] What are you playing?

• @b-cell

Give me some amazing AAA PC exclusives from 2016 onwards and I'll have a think.

• @sheria said in [Official] What are you playing?:

@b-cell

Give me some amazing AAA PC exclusives from 2016 onwards and I'll have a think.

theres no console exclusive left apart from 15 games from 1st party studios like sony. even microsoft donot make xbox exclusive anymore.

In this age and day. everything come to PC unless its publish by sony or nintendo. even JRPGs now on PC too sher.

PC gaming market is bigger than ever. not just because of exclusives but because they play and perform better. and is better for longtime. next year PS5 will release and will be more expensive than average PC.

• alt text

And that's probably my last gaming purchase for this year, it should keep me busy for months.

I'm currently in Gallopolis trying to get a "perfect" in the horse racing.

• Watch psnhayterfan with me on Twitch! http://www.twitch.tv/psnhayterfan?sr=a

• @b-cell The last 2 games I finished were both exclusives and not first party. Astral Chain and Daemon x Machina.

Daemon x Machina is the goty that no one else other than me is going to pick this year. :(

• I've put a good few hours into Code Vein and it's done a good job at getting me hooked. Clearly its taken a lot from the Souls series, but they've pulled it off really well so far. The anime look and story also helps a bunch.

• Untitled Goose Game. Holy smokes, me and my gf have been laughing all the way through it. Such a joy.

• Finally decided to buy and play Titanfall 2. I am loving the campaign so far. I might get in to the multiplayer, but right now my main focus is the single player. The controls are buttery smooth and the verticallity is awesome. Definitely better than any of the COD games that came out, and a huge improvement over the first game. It's a shame the game did not sell well. Fucking EA going against itself.

• You know what's cool? An hour long gauntlet for a final boss rush. You know what's not? Giving the final one one-hit KO moves. You know what makes me want to stop playing the game right at the finish line and wish things I shan't dare repeat out loud upon the developers? Having the final one spam the absolute hell out of said one-hit KO moves.

Astral Chain is probably my favorite game of the year but damn do the "little" things that annoy me make that come with one giant asterisk. Really doesn't help that its ending feels so abrupt I had to look online to see if I somehow got the bad end (all I missed was a two minute epilogue that didn't help in the slightest.)

• @brawlman

A little bit of conspiracy but they did it on purpose probably. So with that way(putting it between BF and CoD), sales were going to be low than expected and they could buy the Respawn and they succeed.

• @scotty Which is stupid on EA. They lose out on money and waste resoruces to eventually shutdown another promising studio. At this point, any small or starting studio should steer clear of them if they have the chance.

• @brawlman

That's their usual behaviour but in Respawn's case, I think EA don't regret about Titanfall 2 release window for now.

• MHW: Iceborne.
    Sadly haven't put that much time in it but I did manage to play 12h yesterday. Hit the first wall at the end. Barioth is just too fast and strong for my hammer-wielding hunter and my gears was not up to date until now.
    I still used Commision gear my handler is wearing until last week and weapon was rarity 8 since month after launch of og game's release. My hunts have been around 18-35 minutes so it has taken awhile soloing story missions. Might just call help since many of my friends didn't jump on Iceborne. Just not enough time. I do intend to get better gear so I won't be a punching bag this time around.
    I'm loving Seliana and all the new stuffs like upgrades, gears and items that help me finish some I didn't in base game. Also old monsters having new moves. <3

• TLoZ: BotW

I nearly played it around 19-20 hours with CEMU on PC. My average FPS performance was 17-18(yeah, I know). It was still great. I enjoyed it very much. I can't look open-world games with the same view ever again. This is what it should be when a game is open world. They really worked hard, I can tell. Variety in nearly all of the aspects is amazing! Also, before I began I was thinking that story will be there just for the sake of it but man! I was wrong. It is really nice to follow and I even got some teary eyes about the

Mipha part

I have 2 points to criticise:

1-Presentation is weak. It would be so much better and immersive if they had put on the same care for presentation. For example, you are watching a cinematic which is usually good and when you came back to game it is just not has the same seriousness as cinematic. It is annoying for my opinion. The cinematic I wrote in the spoiler; you just came back and it just losts the value when you just hear mumblings etc.

2-Melee combat is not fun enough. Whenever I had a choice about fighting, I found myself thinking about maybe avoiding it; not because it is so dangerous but because it is not very enjoyable for me.

• @scotty said in [Official] What are you playing?:

I have 2 points to criticise:

i always wanted from software to work on a zelda game i think their 3rd person combat would fit in a zelda game

• Finally started playing the Link's Awakening remake and outside of the occasional framerate issue I love it so far.

• @ff7cloud

Personally, I don't want any game to borrow something from souls' combat mechanic. Because I don't like it. That said, I realized that after playing Sekiro, now am really curious about how Ghost of Tsushima will make me feel like about the combat part. In Sekiro, I really felt the ''sword'', clashes and had a satisfying feeling about ''flesh''.

But like I said, new SW game looks like it took elements from souls and I really don't want to see it in any other game. It is not a ''open-world'' thing which you can easily adapt regardless of whatever style you play your games. It has some ''limited'' crowd I think.

Maybe just the ''feeling'' of weapons and weight in them, that would help a lot of games for combat. I am looking at you Assassin's Creed.

• A Link to the Past/Super Metroid randomizer

I am really liking it. It really tests your knowledge of those games.

• @scotty what dont you like about souls combat?

• @ff7cloud

For me, it is slow and it is hard to fight with more than one person. Of course, it should be harder when enemies are crowded but it shouldn't be that hard in my opinion.

But like I said above, I really like the ''feeling'' of weapons and weight in them. Cutting the flesh in Sekiro for example was very satisfying.