[Official] What are you playing?

• @ff7cloud

For me, it is slow and it is hard to fight with more than one person. Of course, it should be harder when enemies are crowded but it shouldn't be that hard in my opinion.

But like I said above, I really like the ''feeling'' of weapons and weight in them. Cutting the flesh in Sekiro for example was very satisfying.

• I picked up Persona 5 a few days ago. I never played a Persona game. I know Persona 5 in particular is somewhat of a favorite among the Allies and this forum so I figured I would give it a genuine shot.

It took me some time to get invested in the story. Now that I'm about 15 hours in, I'm excited to see more of it. The early game is definitely a slow burn. While personally I would like to see the main plot move along at a faster pace. It's still early on so I don't want to make any definitive judgments until I've seen the whole game through.

This is probably the worst time of the year to start a 100+ hour game so I don't imagine I will finish Persona 5 any time soon. That said, I plan on coming back to it after the deluge of big new releases finally end this year and before the flood of big releases start in 2020. When that finally happens I'll share my final thoughts on the game.

• Bought One Night Stand yesterday, it's a visual novel thing that just popped up on the PSN store (you might be familiar with it if you watch Kinda Funny's E3 showcase). Since my internet was kinda fixed earlier (upload speed tanked for weeks, had to stop streaming), I'm gonna stream this shortly. twitch.tv/bam541

• @ff7cloud But Souls combat is Zelda combat. Block, dodge, circle strafe.

• Played through Ghostbusters Remastered on my Switch today. Had a great time. Was always sad I missed it the first time around. Definitely recommend it. I don't know if Switch version is different or there was a patch, but I didn't have any of the technical issues Damiani mentioned in his review, so don't let that scare you off if you're interested.

• Wow, I haven't exactly been active on this forum since basically creating this thread. Really fun to see that its still so active and among the bigger threads on here, you guys rock!

And now I'm gonna go and continue Link's awakening :)

• @brawlman

I think I mentioned Titanfall 2 back in February of this year in this thread and basically had the same experience as you. Its seriously one of the best FPS games I've ever played. That Half Life DNA is in there too.

• One of my favorite rpgs of all time Grandia got released on Steam today

• The Ninja Warriors Once Again. The Ninja Saviors stateside. I beat the game already, but my main problem with the game is that to play new characters, you have to beat the game twice. Instead of unlocking them from the start. I hate artificial padding games. We know the game is short, but don't advertiser new character lock them behind beating a game, most hardcore fans have played multiple time. There is no saving between stages either, but it's not that big a deal for me. You can still select stages for time attack since they got rid of scoring entirely.

Sorry to start off negative, but this is a great game. One of the best remakes of an SNES classic. I got mine on the Switch to make it feel more appropriate. Each character has their own move sets and new moves added making it play similarly, but differently from the SNES version. The combat give most of the characters interesting juggles and air combos to experiment with. Why was there not a training. The input commands are like Final Fight and Street Fighter-lite. Easy to know; semi difficult to master. There is a co-op mode, but both players share the same life bar. So it requires both players to be at the top of their game. I recommend this game if you're in to old school brawlers from the 16 bit and arcade days.

• Been playing Doom 1 and My Friend Pedro on my Switch.

I enjoyed my time so far with Doom, I got in farther than I've ever been before, but my experience with this confirms my long lasting suspicion that I don't like old school style shooters as much as modern ones. There's way worse ways to spend 5 bucks though, so no biggie.

I'm only like 7 levels in My Friend Pedro so I could probably improve my skills as I go on, but man this game is kinda hard to control. Every once in a while I can do something pretty cool looking, but most times I just look like a tryhard psychopath on hardcore drugs.

• @bam541 said in [Official] What are you playing?:

My Friend Pedro

I didn't like the game as much as I expect. It was kind of boring after a while.

• Trails of cold steel 3 about 5 hours in they made alot of little quality of life changes the story so far has been kinda slow even for a trails game but im sure itll pick up

• Dicey Dungeons is kinda neat. I guess it's just the nature of rougelikes but it was kinda funny how I couldn't get past the first floor as most of the characters but once I got to the inventor (which seemed like a really limiting gimmick character) I just steamrolled straight to the end.

• Went back to Battlefield V after months of not playing it. With the new upcoming Pacific theatre update, they finally got M1 Garand in the game which is super nice. Also, I noticed that the game feels much less jankier, especially the UI. Since I'm not planning to pick up any other multiplayer shooter now, looks like I might be playing this regularly again.

• Call of Duty: Modern Warfare

I wish we had a discussion thread for this game because I would love to talk to somebody on my level of enthusiasm, but this is such a fantastic game and its currently up there as my GAME OF THE YEAR along with Resident Evil 2. To me, this is peak high budget AAA greatness. All elements of fantastic game design are present here. The animations almost look like they are physics based that's how realistic yet diverse they are. The graphics are some of the best I've ever seen with a fantastic mixture of special effects and a realistic art direction. That realism manifests in the artistic realm though. Characters look human, but there are still rich colours, and an insane attention to detail in every single player and multiplayer map. For example, in England "Piccadilly Circus" there is a sport/clothing store that pops visually, but also looks like something modern London would have on a street corner.

The audio is the most intense and borderline traumatic sound design I've ever heard. This surpasses Battlefield in the audio department creating the most palpable immersive experience a game has offered me in forever. The first time you are struck in the middle of a cluster strike, your jaw will be on the floor. The SFX mixed with audio is such a unique experience that no other game offers.

My favourite element about this game - it creates unique gameplay scenarios that no other game does or has done. I know its easy to hate on Call of Duty for never deviating from their mold but there are so many parts of COD MW that you cannot experience anywhere else. For example, in one single player level, there is a giant group of revolters who storm the US Embassy in a fictional country. The level begins with a shootout in a general workspace with innocent civilians caught between the gunfire. It then transitions into a sort of guided puzzle where you instruct a civilian to maneuver a minefield of insurgents to devise an escape route on-the-fly. It then finalizes with a humongous stand off at a compound, in the pitch black darkness, and without backup. You have only 4 or 5 flares to light the scene, but otherwise, you are surrounded by an army of enemies in complete darkness.

Call of Duty uses its budget for greatness. It doesn't screw around. Its making the best possible game rather than playing it safe. This game does things that other games on the market don't and that's why its so impressive. However, not everything is perfect. The story is pretty much bullshit and there is nothing to really latch onto. At least the cutscenes last 2 minutes maximum before you are thrown into back-to-back-to-back amazing gameplay scenarios on any given level, but the story is disjunt and generally generic military crap.

If you're the typical "gamer gamer" who doesn’t play many big publisher titles (like most of us are here at EZA) just consider picking up COD MW for the single player in like 5 years when this game is $15. Have your TV on 4K and have your surround sound on LOUD. This is a super unique game where the budget is on the screen and in your hands. You're playing the budget, you aren't seeing it get recouped in lootboxes or generic game design. COD MW is the real deal.

• Still playing Outer Worlds. So many interesting secondary quest lines in this game. I'm at 30h and I think there's at least more 10h in it for me.

Also bought Sacrifice. Many years since I've played this one. Such a superb and unique game.

• @phbz said in [Official] What are you playing?:

Sacrifice

That Vita game?

• @scotty PC game from the early 2000's.

• @phbz

Now I remember that the game I was talking about is ''Soul Sacrifice''. Sorry, my bad. :DDD

• Replaying Dead Space again. Can't believe how good this game still looks. I don't think there's any enhancements on the Xboxone X, but it could pass for a early game this gen. Anyways games a 10.