[Official] What are you playing?

• I have not played any new games since Control (broke and busy af), so I'm currently playing older stuff that I got on sales... and GT Sport.

• I've been playing GT Sport online daily races a lot recently, I forget why I don't play multiplayer that much in this game, it's so intense.
    • Bought 1979 Revolution: Black Friday for a dollar, one hour in and it's pretty cool so far. Not technically amazing at all, but hey at least it doesn't crash every 10 minutes... cough Telltale cough
    • Also got L.A. Noire for the Switch. Tell you what, it's really neat playing something like this on the go. It's still as good as I remember, let's see if this holds up till the end.

I just got Pokemon Sword and I'll be holding out my playthrough until my friend can come over so I can geek out with him about the whole thing.

• I started Resident Evil HD Remaster.

I am not sure I will finish. It is rough and not so fun to play. Game doesn't give any clue at all. Also backtracking is a big part of it and I hate backtracking. And limited saves are another annoying point. They could at least give the option to save whenever you want with the ''remaster'' version.

While I understand about the criticism that some modern games give so much help to players, I also think old games' way isn't very good too. It feels like a chore than fun.

• I'm still playing Modern Warfare and The Outer Worlds and having a blast so this will be my two games until the year is over.

I was wondering which game I should ask for at Christmas. Despite being in my mid-20s, my parents still insist on getting me a game or two every year.

I missed Judgement, Death Stranding, Luigi's Mansion 3, Devil May Cry V, Pokemon Sword/Shield. I was leaning towards Judgement and Death Stranding but I'm more asking based on YOU NEED TO PLAY THIS NOW kinda status. Thought DMC5 would be best on Steam so I might just wait for a sale there.

• @dipset said in [Official] What are you playing?:

I'm still playing Modern Warfare and The Outer Worlds and having a blast so this will be my two games until the year is over.

I was wondering which game I should ask for at Christmas. Despite being in my mid-20s, my parents still insist on getting me a game or two every year.

I missed Judgement, Death Stranding, Luigi's Mansion 3, Devil May Cry V, Pokemon Sword/Shield. I was leaning towards Judgement and Death Stranding but I'm more asking based on YOU NEED TO PLAY THIS NOW kinda status. Thought DMC5 would be best on Steam so I might just wait for a sale there.

Like it, loathe it, I still feel Death Stranding is one of those must play games, even if it's just to see what it's all about.

• @sheria

Yeah its just impossible for me to miss a game made by Kojima. I asked for the Special Edition with the steel case and the making of documentary. I'll follow up in January.

• @scotty said in [Official] What are you playing?:

I am not sure I will finish.

Well! That just took 3 days. What can I say, I am a man of my word.

Kidding aside, it was really not so fun. Also, I had to look up for walkthrough in nearly every step. So yeah! So long for me to play the series ''in order''.

• Picked up Crash Team Racing in the Switch sale going on at the moment. It's pretty fun, but also requires some insanely tight turns at times. I'm sure I'll enjoy it more once I get a good handle on turns/boosting though.

• For the first time since 2010 (Black Ops 1), I am the owner of a Call of Duty game. I have enjoyed my limited time with it but have yet to try out online or Spec Ops. I am pretty sure I will hate online as I will likely often be the other guy in Youtuber videos but I'm ready to give it a go at least. Anybody else pick it up?

• @e_zed_eh_intern

Playing it and loving it for the most part. I'm starting to dwindle down after a month of playing but hopefully new maps and a few tweaks to MP will keep me playing.

• The Takeover. I've already beaten normal and hard mode. The difference being enemies are faster, more aggressive, and you can't use stage select. A great Streets of Rage style brawler. This will tide me over until Streets of Rage 4 comes out.

• @dipset Update: I just sold Modern Warfare - and I made a smooth $4 profit!! I liked it but have, since buying it, realized that I just don't have the time to get in long play sessions like I would like. And the few times I actually tried to jump in, there was always a huge update so I couldn't.

• @e_zed_eh_intern

Damn ! I wish I could resell new games and somehow make a profit.

I've been replacing my Tetris 99 bite-sized gaming time with COD MP matches actually. I find I'm completely satisfied with just a match or two but COD is very addicting and its waaaaaay more fun to just sink a bunch of hours into the multiplayer and if you don't have that time, then the game is pretty much worthless.

Too bad. But you got out right on time. They JUST added in the obnoxious DLC Operators, the Tier crap, a bunch of goofy weapons and other paid shit that hurts my eyes and I don't even understand. I literally cannot wrap my head around what a battle pass is but all I know is that I hate looking at these multi-coloured icons with purple 'rare' this and green 'common' that.

• @dipset Yeah it was $49.99 CAD at Walmart for Black Friday, sold it for $60. I think I'll just grab one of the older ones soon so I don't have to feel guilty about the price when I barely play it.

Too bad about the updates, all that talk about this being the biggest update ever had me intrigued - though I guess I feel better in my decision now.

• @e_zed_eh_intern The update is fine but it adds that obnoxious stuff from Black Ops into Modern Warfare. Like Tiers and battle pass and all that stuff. I'd still recommend getting it again at Black Friday next year or the next BIG sale just for the SP.

• It's December again, which means it's time for my annual daily runs through Christmas NiGHTS. So far I've set new personal bests in both Claris and Elliot's stages, though it's nothing especially high compared to last year (300k for Claris, 470k for Elliot.) Hoping I can break the 500k barrier for Elliot this year but I feel like that's gonna take me either getting a lot better or pushing my current abilities to the limit.

• Samurai Showdown (2019). This is the GOTY best fighting game for me! SamSho is not about laying multiple combos, but knowing when to strike and land successful blows. I love how you have three different type of supers, a dodge, a parry, and catching a sword barehanded, if you're unarmed (a staple for the series). There is a deep risk/reward system with the combat. It's the first in a long time, that I will dedicate a lot of my time to a fighting game. Most fighting games I don't touch anymore, due to time or lack of interests. I am blessed to have SamSho back, and that is how you do a reboot right. Samurai Showdown is the 100% authentic sushi restaurant you go to and order more.

• I'll start Arise tonight.

• I'm just finishing up Shenmue II HD. Unlike the original, I never finished the second game that many times and playing Shenmue III for a little bit showed me just how rusty I was when it came to the latter half of twos story.

I also played about 30 minutes of Astral Chain which I bought a while back. I know it's early days, but I honestly don't think I like it very much.

• I played some of the Game Awards demos on Steam.

SkateBIRD - It's going with Tony Hawk Pro Skater style controls which I like. Unfortunately it doesn't feel as smooth as those games. The bird flaps around so much that its hard to keep track of which way your skateboard is facing. I noticed lots of bugs and after the second time the game crashed on me, I moved on to the next game.

Chicory A Colorful Tale - A top-down game about using paint to solve puzzles. Maybe a little too simple for my tastes but a solid game demo.

System Shock - I remember playing a System Shock demo years ago and I think this is that same game. I can't say for sure because I never got this demo to work. It wouldn't recognize control inputs. I couldn't change any of the settings in the menu so it was stuck at low graphics and resolution. If this is that same game from years ago, I would expect the demo to be better optimized than this.

The Drifter - This game has great style and I'm into the grim atmosphere. I've never been a fan of pixel point and click adventure games though. Which is what this game is.

Eastword - This one confused me because the demo has no tutorial or introduction to the game itself. I walked around and talked to a bunch of folks but nothing happened. Not a good first impression but it could just be a bad demo.

CARRION - This is why I wanted to play all these games. I never heard of this game before but now I'm completely sold on this one. Awesome gameplay, setting and great pixel art. I would prefer if it was simply level-based, instead it's more metroidvania style. At least it's not another rogue-like. Easily the best demo I played.

Spiritfarer - I spent my time hugging human sized animals, building up my house boat and gliding around like it's Breath of the Wild. What's not to love.

Haven - The movement felt a little too janky and the characters have some really bad/boring dialogue. Definitely feels like the game is in a very early stage of development.

• I bought a digital copy of the WipEout Omega Collection on sale. I'm enjoying it more than I expected, the handling is great, the ships have weight and turn nicely. It's very fun to become acquainted with a track and its various shortcuts, where to slow down and where to accelerate. I found races against the CPU and timed tracks. I have only tried WipEout 2048 so far, so I don't know if there's any difference to WipEout HD or Fury.