[Official] What are you playing?

• @gageblackw23 Everything you say here pretty much nails my experience with WotS4 on PS3 too, lol. This series is so wacky.

• I beat Breath of Fire 2. Was way longer than I was expecting for a SNES rpg. The ending is disappointing, but the game itself had a lot of charm and unique ideas...that get brought down by an awful localization.

• Kentucky Route Zero. Played the first ep on PC 10(?) Years ago, got it now for the Switch. As expected I'm loving it.

• Dragon Quest IV: Chapters of the Chosen. Supposedly one of the most influential JRPGs of all time. I like grinding, but this might be a bit too much for me. Resetting from level one each chapter is really killing the sense of progression. Just started chapter 3 (the merchant) and am struggling to find motivation to return to it. Anyone played this and know if it's worth me pushing further?

• AC: Syndicate

I wanted to play these pre-Origins AC games just to be up to everbody else but I won't be able to do it apparently. I don't have a big problem about ''stealth'' in games. I can even enjoy it sometimes but I have real problems about these pre-Origins AC games.

-Animations are so bad especially in combat/stealth, they look like there is a bug nearly everytime.(This still continues with Origins and Odyssey but whatever)
    -Controls are not good, I really don't enjoy the controlling my character. Nothing feels fluid, there is always ''waiting'' if it is a correct term to use for this situation.

Maybe I will try to finih them just for the stories but problems I have about these games don't make it easy to finish. I really wish some other company to tackle this franchise.

• Had a Okami copy that I was yet to play. That is a damn atrocious intro!!! Like for 15 minutes is just annoying gibberish over still images. If it wasn't for being a Platinum game I think would have dropped the game straight away. And even after the intro it's still annoying for a good while. But now I'm enjoying it.

• Yes, it's a remnant from a still past. Some versions allow you to skip the intro, are you playing it on an older system?

• No Rest for the Living was an extra episode made for DOOM 2's XBLA release and it's kinda embarrassing how much better it is than the base game. Solid all around, though much harder. Not ashamed to admit I cheesed the final level with an invulnerability secret instead of doing it the hard way.

• Dropped Shadow of the Tomb Raider after being annoyed that I couldn't figure out how to navigate back to the main story (didn't try long) and started replaying Tomb Raider Legend. Tomb Raider shouldn't be open world. It just shouldn't. I don't think you can even call the newer games platformers anymore. They're shitty climbers.

Also spent the last week playing Sonic Mania again. Got all Chaos Emeralds as Sonic and then Knuckles.

I miss the simplicity of games like Sonic on Mega Drive and older Tomb Raiders.

• @ezekiel said in [Official] What are you playing?:

Dropped Shadow of the Tomb Raider after being annoyed that I couldn't figure out how to navigate back to the main story (didn't try long) and started replaying Tomb Raider Legend. Tomb Raider shouldn't be open world. It just shouldn't. I don't think you can even call the newer games platformers anymore. They're shitty climbers.

Also spent the last week playing Sonic Mania again. Got all Chaos Emeralds as Sonic and then Knuckles.

I miss the simplicity of games like Sonic on Mega Drive and older Tomb Raiders.

I agree 100%

I also dropped Sekiro for good and sold it for £26. I so seldom sell games mind, so it really shows how much I don't care for owning the game in question anymore.

• Revisited Ace Combat X: Skies of Deception earlier. I have a digital backup of my PSP copy so I don't need to put my dying PSP on a run again, just through an emulator (shoutout to PPSSPP). It's so weird to be playing the short ass levels in this game, it's clearly built for portable gaming. It's great though, this is like one of the very few games I used to replay a lot when I was younger (back then I really don't like replaying games). I could finish this pretty quickly so I might do just that.

Also, I decided to continue my Persona 4 Golden playthrough! I was burned out by the monotonous dungeons some time ago, and quit right before meeting Rise. I'm still very curious about the story, and I'm coming in with a riskier approach just to make it more fun for myself. I got hooked and played it overnight yesterday so it seems to be going pretty well.

• @irongrey I didn't want to skip it, I like to know context and story. But that was hard to endure! Fortunately the game lets you turn off voices, because it was giving me an headache.

On the other hand... I'm now around 15h in and damn, pretty amazing game! Since the Wii days I've been on the fence about it... I had no idea this is basically a good Zelda game. Lots of Windwaker vibes.

• Breath of Fire IV is super charming. Loving it so far.

• Picked up Rainbow Six Siege at a sale sometime ago, only got the chance to start it up now. All I can say is that I'm so confused, will be a while before I understand anything in this game.

• Banned

This post is deleted!

• I have played a good amount of matches in R6 Siege, and I have to say that it's really fun. It's very satisfying to utilize your character's skills and being useful because of it. Putting down bear traps is the best and most simple so far, so I'll keep doing that. I'm very glad that I took the chance to try this out. I just wish I have friends to play this with, I feel like communicating while playing this would make it so much more fun.

• Been playing Black Mesa. Really cool remake of the original HL.

• Playing Ori. Absolutely fantastic!

• Currently trying to blast through the Battlefield 4 campaign, bought it for 3 bucks. It's just as I expected so far: a pretty looking game with too many explosive shit, a weird plot and a cast of characters that you begrudgingly tolerate. Playing it on Hard makes the enemies too spongy, but alas I must go on since I already got quite far anyway.

• Started Ori & the Will of the Wisps yesterday. Thought I'd put it on for an hour since I'm working from home because of the virus. 7 hours later I still had the controller in my hand, games simply amazing. Guess I'll not be getting too much work done.