[Official] What are you playing?

• Along with Animal Crossing I'm playing Journey to the Savage Planet. Pretty cool game. Good humour and exploration.

• Been playing Half-life Alyx off and on. Really good! there isn't as much freedom as Boneworks but its also less jank so I can play it for longer play sessions without getting fatigued. I like how you don't have to use teleportation (except for jumps which are rare). The gimmicks are there but they feel great to do, and the gravity gloves alleviate the most annoying aspects of VR, which is scavenging around on the ground. It is a great looking game, great survival horror-esque gunplay. I still got a long way to go. Playing it on a vive and it works great.

Finally Finished the Trials of mana demo, pretty fun so far, not too hard at all.

Also part way through a playthrough of Astral Chain trying to get some collectibles and get a few unlockables.

• Banned

Beat the final Mario Odyssey level, Darker Side, while at work, one of the hardest Mario levels I've done probably ever. It's a long obstacle course without checkpoints.

Youtube Video

I've now got 624 out of 880 unique moons.

• Picked up Call of Juarez: Gunslinger on the Switch. I've been itching to play this, especially since there's not many good shooters on the console. Four levels in, and so far it holds up way better than I thought it would. The motion controls helps it a bit, I never played a gamepad shooter with motion controls aid so this has been a neat experience.

• I got in to the Guilty Gear Strive closed beta, and as someone who never plays any GG games before, I really enjoyed this! I played a lot of CPU matches already. I tried all the available characters and I got 3 characters that I'm interested in learning. I think I'm gonna stick with May for now, she's too jolly and her move set is pretty decent. I need tutorials to fully understand the game, but there's none here so I can't really speak much about the mechanics other than the basic moves feels solid. It's like a faster Samurai Shodown, which is awesome.

The presentation of this game is on point. I really like the UI visual design, and the game itself is just pure eye candy. The music is great too, the available tracks are all metal-hard rock stuff that really gets my blood pumping.

• I'm trying to play AC: Odyysey but after 5-6 hours I got bored and don't want to play more of it unfortunately and knowing that it won't be finished in 15-20 hours after is another bummer for me while I'm hesitating to drop it to move on with another game. But at the same time I want to give it a try again before I decide to move on, that's what you get when you are a little bit obsessive person I guess. :/ I hate leaving games unfinished!

Situation above is one of the reasons why I love linear games more than open worlds.

Update: I gave up, so long AC; as long as you are going to be what you are since Origins, I won't come back to you again probably.

• Devil May Cry V.
    Fantastically cheesy and awesomely badass.
    The storyline in nonsensical and borderline retarded, which is just how I like my character action game stories.
    Loving trying out all the different characters and weapons, though V may be the worst character in any form of media. Ever.
    Highly recommend.

• @el-shmiablo I've been meaning to get back to it since last year, and this might just have convinced me.

• @axel It just relishes the cheese in a way that not a lot of others games do, or even really can.
    Like bro what other game lets you smack dudes around with two halves of a demonic motorcycle?
    What other game has a Micheal Jackson tribute dance sequence!?

• Have been playing Dragon Quest XI for a while now. Really like it, but boy that game never ends. Also been playing Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order. Didn't like it to begin with, but enjoying it more now. The story and characters are pretty meh, but exploring the planets looking for secrets is pretty fun. Combat isn't too bad either.

• @el-shmiablo The answer...is no other game. While story is cheesy, it works because of how earnest it is. Not to mention, 5 ties everything together continuity wise, except for 2. 5's most important tie is to 3, followed by 1, and then 4 in that order. The callbacks and references to 1 work especially in 5's favor. Cuz of 5, 4 feels a little less like a side story. Never hated Nero, but I always did prefer his prototype design with the Sherlock Holmes personality and intellectual fashion. DMC5 is a celebration of all things video games and bringing back the PS2 era with new twists. I am glad that this, God of War 4 are both able to exsits. Now Bayonetta 3 and No More Heroes III need to hurry up already. And maybe Ninja Gaiden 4 if KT gets off their lazy asses.

@Axel See that you do. Don't miss out; the combat gets even better on NG+!

• @el-shmiablo said in [Official] What are you playing?:

What other game has a Micheal Jackson tribute dance sequence!?

Yakuza :p

• @tokyoslim Don't sass me, boy.

• Hey, don't ask the hard questions if you're not ready for the hard answers!

• Seems we've got 2 Moonwalker Genesis fans in the house. Although where did all them kids that Micheal "rescued" go. Last time I seen them he kicked them off screen.

• Been playing a bit more of Black Mesa. Kinda lukewarm about this remake because it doesn't really improves upon the original. Until I reached Xen and then my jaw dropped.

• I tried PS Now on PC and tried different games like Infamous 2, Ben 10, Spider-Man. It's really absurd that I can play Infamous or Spider-Man on my PC with streaming but also it is not the greatest experience. I still prefer my games downloaded and I hope they will never force gamers to stream; I don't believe it'll be fluid as downloaded games in the near future. But PS Now on PS4 allows to download PS4 games on the service, so that's nice. I'm sure Sony will improve the system as a whole in the next gen to compete with Gamepass.

• Banned

Luigi's Mansion 3 is unlike any game I've played. I wonder if Nintendo ever acknowledged Ghostbusters.

• Got Fitness Boxing on Switch as something to do because of lockdown and wanting something to do during bad weather.

It's not bad, just a simple punch to the rythm type thing although I would be lying if I said it didn't make you break a sweat. Although $50 is a bit much, especially since all the licensed music is like all weird instrumentals.

• @dmcmaster I'm using Ringfit Adventure adventure myself for similar reasons, pricy, but for the short 20 minutes sessions it recommends it really feels like a good workout.

The game itself is the most basic of rpg systems, and can feel like little more than a facade, but its tone is the right one to at least let that go and enjoy it for what it is.

Definitively feels like a great step in terms of games that have this purpose.