[Official] What are you playing?

• I just purchased Dragon Age Origins: Ultimate Edition for $10 on Steam because its on sale. I might jump in after I finish FF7:R this month.

I know @bard91 @ffff0 @Brandon_Reister @Exist-2-Inspire all talked about loving Dragon Age in our 2011 GOTY thread so I'll pose a question to any one of you. Are there any essential mods I should download before going into this? I am totally fine having never played the vanilla version, I just want a seamless experience.

Thanks!

• @dipset I only ever played the PS3 version of the game, so no idea about mods. Vanilla was fine for me but i haven't played the game since 2010 though.

• @dipset I never modded it, but last time I played it (2014) the combat felt too slow. So you may want to speed it up.

• I bought the Kingdom Hearts collection that was on sale sometime ago, never played any of these games. Starting with KH1 now, excited to see what's in store for me.

• The Hitman 3 announcement made me finally start Hitman 2, bought it weeks ago. Got through Colombia already, this one's a pretty weak level compared to Miami. I heard everything after this is great though, so I'm excited for that.

Also, there's goddamn earphones that you can use as fiber wires. I'm so down with that.

• @bam541 said in [Official] What are you playing?:

I bought the Kingdom Hearts collection that was on sale sometime ago, never played any of these games. Starting with KH1 now, excited to see what's in store for me.

So envy you...

• I'm finally playing Legend of Heroes: Zero no Kiskai
    I'm only 2 hours in yet hooked again, especially after the entrance of two certain bracers.

The translation though is very rough but I guess I can't complain.

• @sheria such a great game get ready to fall in love with the characters

• Started The Talos Principle a couple days ago. I like it a lot so far, very strong Witness vibes, but very different types of puzzles. Great learning curve too.

• Yakuza 0 was $10 so I grabbed it at the recommendation of @DIPSET and @TokyoSlim . Only maybe 30 mins in but it seems pretty solid. I've been searching for some enjoyable Japanese listening practice so the Japanese voices were an unexpected bonus. Will certainly update once I've made it farther.

• @e_zed_eh_intern

Glad to hear. Chapters 1-2 are very much tutorializing you but once it gets going, there’s no telling whether you’ll spend 40 hours running a cabaret club or not.

• @sheria are you using the GeoFront translation? That one came out just recently and it is supposed to be at the level of a comercial release.

• I'm playing Sakura Wars right now, and while this admitedly is not a game for everyone, and being quite honest with the fact I ate a hash brownie like an hour ago that is kicking in, I just love how melodramatic it can be at times.

There too many ways in which this game is not impressive, and I'm astounded by how enjoyable it manages to be despite that, if you can buy in the televonela level story and presentation.

• @bard91 said in [Official] What are you playing?:

@sheria are you using the GeoFront translation? That one came out just recently and it is supposed to be at the level of a comercial release.

Nah, this is just a pre-patched PSP ISO I grabbed. It's doing its job though I guess.

• I've been playing bits of Nioh 2 here and there. I have severe Souls fatigue (quit Sekiro after only less than 5 hours because of it), but I honestly don't feel any of it when I'm playing this. I'm hopelessly in love with the Ki Pulse mechanic, and the Yokai abilities are so fun to pull off. Not to mention the gloomy vibes and monster designs are on point. I'm not that far into the game yet, and I will try to make significant progress in the next few days, until TLOU2 is playable.

• Today I finally get to play the Beware Demo. I really love this game's concept and I hope someday it gets finished.

• Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 - I finally got the PS4 version physical. It is so much fun playing this on a fight pad. I am rusty as fuck, but I don't care!

Cuz it's MARVEL BABEYH!!

I got Street Fighter V Champion Edition and will pop that in tonight. Maybe Shadow of Colossus tonight, but most likely tomorrow.

• Exo One has a demo on Steam until the 22nd. Holy smokes this is chilling. Really recommend people to give it a go.

• Hey guys, I still didn't touch any Quantic Dreams game and I have a question about one of them: Beyond - Two Souls.

Should I play as the original, unchronological or revised version chronological? On one hand I want to experience it as intended at the beginning, on the other hand I heard from lot of people that chronological version is much better than the original order. What do you think?

• I've been biding my time until Last of Us unlocks this evening, then I'm going in on that. I took a break on the Mega Man series to play some other familiar stuff. Started Full Throttle Remastered, but a couple hours in, it hard crashed on me three times. So I moved to Day of the Tentacle Remastered and that's been a nice light adventure game companion (especially because I've played it so many times)

My girlfriend and I have been doing a round or two of a game called Letter Quest that I got on PS+ a couple years back. It reminds me of a sort of Boggle mini RPG, where you're a little grim reaper dude or gal and you fight Halloween monsters with letters you spell on a board at the bottom. It's not incredibly deep, but it's very fun to play with someone in between working and other stuff around inside.