[Official] What are you playing?

• Playing West of Dead. Probably won't finish it I think. First because TLoU2 should arrive today, second because once you die the game takes you to the beginning of the first level. Restarting the whole level I'm fine with, but getting to level 3 and restarting the whole thing not so much. I might play it a bit more because I enjoyed the vibe and gameplay.

• Deseprados 3. excellent game. commandos in wild west.

• Troubleshooter

This one had caught my eye some time ago, and the descriptions of a game being XCOM x Persona sounded like something I would like.

Put very little time into it today, but at the very least I have to say this game does a great job introducing itself and I just love the style of the intro sequence, brilliant design.

• Street Fighter V: Champion Edition - Despite all the trouble and rushed production of the original iteration, it's nice having the complete package as predicted. So I don't have to buy any season passes. There is a code you have to download to unlock other characters, but it still comes with the game if bought new. The Capcom Cup stages are locked behind a paywall, $9 each. Fucking stupid. Gameplay wise, it's fun. I don't know what it is, but have an easier time pulling off moves and combos than I did in SFIV. What probably helps is that I use a fight pad, and use short cut keys for certain button commands. I've been dipping and dabbling in arcade and training mode mainly. I am nowhere near close to online ranking matches yet. The main story mode I saw when Max played it on his stream in 2016, so I have little interests outside of getting an achievement. The personal story modes I will try since they are so short, easy, and can be done in 20-30 minutes. The MK/Injustice games still do single player story the best, followed by Tekken 7. Every other fighting games does a mediocre to terrible job. Another thing I noticed with the gameplay is that SFV takes a lot from Killer Instinct (2013). The V-Triggers are the Instinct Meter (right up to healing you with some health regeneration), but still feels like a Street Fighter game.

Speaking of which, I got all of the Street Fighter games on one console now and have a folder specifically for them.

• @brawlman Sadly (money wise,at least) there are 5 more dlc characters coming this season. I don't think they're included with Champion Edition unfortunately. As for the combos, there are no 1-frame links in SFV and there were tonnes in 4. I think the tightest link in 5 might be 3 frames. Is that maybe it?

• @e_zed_eh_intern 5 more? I did not know. Thanks for the heads up.

• So I've been playing Spongebob Battle for Bikini Bottom: Rehydrated and

0_1592972720614_Screenshot_20200623-212145.jpg

Look, let me preface this by saying that if you don't have the original game and the system it was on, then I think you should buy it and have a great time. That said, I think this is the worst way to play it. As far as remakes go, they accidentally made the game worse than it was originally.

Yes, they made the game prettier, but that is all they did, and in doing so lost many of the important visual cues of the original. There have been a number of times where I have accidentally gone out of bounds because the game has not indicated that it is out of bounds. It's too pretty and vibrant, and so the actual game design suffers.

The game itself is also a bit more zoomed out than the original was, which is fine in theory, but they did not adjust the game at all to fit that. I have seen things I was not supposed to see (and died because of it) because they did not rework the game to fit the new camera angle.

Physically the characters have lost much their weight too, so platforming has lost some of its luster. Some of my favorite animations are completely gone as well, such as the sway of the jellyfish after you hit it. Unfortunately it feels like a shadow of itself, which is a shame because it had a lot of potential. It almost feels like they wanted it to be a full Crash-like remake, but didn't have the time or money and gave up halfway. I would have taken an HD port over what we got.

• Ring Fit Adventure
    Why the hell does a 10 minute session have me sweating more then 10 hours in a hot semi truck? Like shit thought I was in ok shape but I guess not

• Super Metroid. For how often incall or my favourite game, I think I've only ever played through it 2 or 3 times. It's still awesome. I've been trying out the sequence breaking tricks and surprisingly succeeded at a few. I don't know that I will ever not love this game.

• Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner 2: Raidou Kuzunoha vs King Abaddon. I'm just a couple hours in.

It borrows a bunch of things from SMT, Persona and Digital devil saga, but in a new setting ('30s Japan), great style and music. Raidou is badass, the cat gouto serves as an assistant companion exactly like Morgana in P5, perhaps slightly less annoying and not as anime.

Combat is action, much like Tales games it transitions into a separate battle field which i'm not a fan of when you do it for action games, but the mechanics are not irritating so far even though magnetite is there. You can summon two demons that will fight alongside, and can even help during negotiation.

I've been also playing Ninjala since launch, both casual matches and ranked. It's very fun, runs really well on Switch, matchmaking seems faster than Splatoon, they have to fix a couple of things (only temporary cosmetics is kinda dumb, matchmaking while fast it's not always fair). People have strong opinions on the parry system but i can live with it tbh.

• I'm playing Dark Souls remastered. I'm going to be honest, I don't like how this game feels at 60fps.

• @phbz What do you dislike about it? I picked it up on the Switch, and had it on PS3, so I've been locked at 30, and was curious what it would have been like had I picked it up on PS4 instead.

• @happygaming I don't know exactly how to put it, I think it feels less heavy than the original, less sluggish.

Probably unrelated but it seems more buggy than the original. Several geometry related issues from being caught on the environment to enemies falling through the floor.

Not a great remaster. I have 360 games that just by running on the X1X are better than this.

• Completed all of the character story modes in SFV. I've only completed one chapter of the Shadow Falls story, but I don't feel invested to bother finishing it, since I saw the story on YouTube back in 2016 when Max did his playtrough. My fun has been mainly in the all of the arcade modes and causal matches. My only problem with the arcade modes is that none of them have the break the car bonus mode, and only barrel breaking bonus mode. For SF1 Arcade mode this makes sense, but for all of the others, it does not, because every Street Fighter after I and before V had the car breaking stage. Hell, Final Fight was the first game to actually do this. Speaking of Final Fight, I love all of the FFi characters they put in to the game. I care more about what's going on with them, than some of the Street Fighter characters. Then again, I was always more in to Final Fight than Street Fighter half of the time. Cody, Lucia, Poison, Zeku, and Abigail are all fun. Can we get Guy in here too? Lucia, Cody, and Poison being my particular favorites.

• I'm close to finishing Katana Zero, and I think it will be safe to say this will end up as my favorite 2D game ever, I expected to like this game not absolutely fall in love with it.

• Tried playing NHL '94. Maybe it's just because it's a Genesis game and I was running it through an emulator with a PS4 controller and those d-pads couldn't be further removed from each other, but I wasn't really feeling it. Then I got myself a copy of NHL Hitz 2003 and while I've only played a few rounds, and am absolute trash at it, I'm loving the game so far.

• @hanabi NHL94 is one of the greatest sports games ever made!...if you've been playing it since it came out in 1993. I can't begin to imagine playing a game like that for the first time in 2020.

• Destroy All Humans remake
    Well it's Destory All Humans, but prettier.
    Like it's oddly disappointing how much it plays like the original.

• I bought Mr. Driller DrillLand the other day and I'm coming to the realization that there's a good chance that, for like the third year in a row, my GOTY is probably gonna wind up being some decades-old game that just happened to get either an amazing remake or in this case its first western release this year. I'm absolute trash at it (again), but it's real, real fun. Especially the mode inspired by Tower of Druaga.

• Tried out Brawlhalla for a few hours, it's pretty fun. I still don't like how the game looks, it reminds me too much of old flash games, but hey at least there's one character that I like. It definitely scratches my Smash itch, I haven't bought Smash Ultimate for myself yet since there's no way I'm paying full price for an old game.