[Official] What are you playing?

• I'm close to finishing Katana Zero, and I think it will be safe to say this will end up as my favorite 2D game ever, I expected to like this game not absolutely fall in love with it.

• Tried playing NHL '94. Maybe it's just because it's a Genesis game and I was running it through an emulator with a PS4 controller and those d-pads couldn't be further removed from each other, but I wasn't really feeling it. Then I got myself a copy of NHL Hitz 2003 and while I've only played a few rounds, and am absolute trash at it, I'm loving the game so far.

• @hanabi NHL94 is one of the greatest sports games ever made!...if you've been playing it since it came out in 1993. I can't begin to imagine playing a game like that for the first time in 2020.

• Destroy All Humans remake
    Well it's Destory All Humans, but prettier.
    Like it's oddly disappointing how much it plays like the original.

• I bought Mr. Driller DrillLand the other day and I'm coming to the realization that there's a good chance that, for like the third year in a row, my GOTY is probably gonna wind up being some decades-old game that just happened to get either an amazing remake or in this case its first western release this year. I'm absolute trash at it (again), but it's real, real fun. Especially the mode inspired by Tower of Druaga.

• Tried out Brawlhalla for a few hours, it's pretty fun. I still don't like how the game looks, it reminds me too much of old flash games, but hey at least there's one character that I like. It definitely scratches my Smash itch, I haven't bought Smash Ultimate for myself yet since there's no way I'm paying full price for an old game.

• I'm feeling the yearly shooter itch, so I tried out Rogue Company after watching Huber play it. It's a shooter that has a bit of Counter Strike tactical feel to it (the maps feel like a smaller, more action-focused map from CS) and the hero abilities from something like Overwatch, but it's also third person which is quite a big difference. It's a swimming in 7s for sure. The gunplay is solid, and rolling around to dodge bullets and other dangers is pretty fun. I can't say for sure how good the map designs are yet, but they looks very nice and colorful. The character designs are pretty decent, I found my favorite one already. It's still early access so there's definitely some jank here, but I'm having fun with it. There's not a lot of players yet, but I suspect that will change when the free to play version rolls out.

Also, this might be a pretty easy platinum trophy...

• Bought eternal Poison for the ps2 been playing that i like the setting and im only about a hour in so the story hasnt really piqued my interest yet

• Tried out Sonic Forces. It's pretty okay, definitely nothing special. I think an hour is enough for this game, lol. I do think that there's a more interesting game idea hidden in the tag team parts with Sonic, which reminds me of Sonic Heroes. Also, the soundtrack so far is disappointingly flat, it definitely helped to kill any interest I had in continuing the game.

• Working my way through Ghost of Tsushima, still popping into MLB The Show, played a few rounds of Everybody's Golf, and just re-started Elite Dangerous, and Death Stranding - neither of which I got very far in before.