[Official] What are you playing?

• I finally picked up Dishonored (Definitive Edition on PS4) from my shelf a couple of nights ago, today I finished the third mission. This has been surprisingly good, I have to say! I mean I remember the good review scores the game got 4 years ago (wow), but I just didn't get on the hype train at that time. But I'm glad I finally gave it chance. The control of Corvo feels right, there's a right amount of weight and speed in his movements. Things like that are important in a game like this. I decided to go for the High Chaos run this time, so it's pretty easy this time around. My game autumn looks kinda empty, so it may be that a Low Chaos run is happening later.

• Trying to beat Ace Attorney: Trials and Tribulations. So far I really like it.

• @michemagius said in [Official] What are you playing?:

Trying to beat Ace Attorney: Trials and Tribulations. So far I really like it.

I picked up the trilogy off the eShop a while back, but have only cleared the first two. I imagine it's very similar, eh?

• @Billy Yeah it's pretty similar but the plot is more developed. Can't wait to play Apollo Justice.

• Digimon Cyber Sleuth
    Its basically pokemon on PlayStation, and there's nothing wrong with that

• Star Fox Zero

Damn, that game is rough and definitely not up to Nintendo standards. I always assumed the criticism about the controls was exaggerated, but nope, they're really bad.

I never feel challenged by the game itself, I'm only struggling against the GamePad. By the end of my 2-hour sessions yesterday I was starting to get the hang of it, but still not having fun. I'm not getting good at the game, I'm only dealing with it better.

I actually loved Star Fox Guard and couldn't put it down, but this one has no redeeming qualities.

• Hello Allies!

I managed to beat the three first entries of Uncharted. Definitely had good fun with them, but sadly they won't be among my favorite gaming experiences.
    Gameplay is pleasant, sceneries are great, same for the actions scenes, characters are likeable and acting is a strong strength for this series and I really enjoyed the sence of adventure of these games. I will definitely play Uncharted 4 before the end of the year, so I will beat the entire series within one year.

I restarted The Last Of Us (second playthrough) and this game is for sure among my favorite games. Everything about it is phenomenal, characters, music (this game made really emotional), gameplay is satisfying like nothing else and I am a lover of post-apocalyptic worlds so this is definitely my jam.

I plan to play Dead Space on PS3 next (my last-gen backlog became thin so my complete transition to next-gen is near haha !) or Alien:Isolation or Mad Max but I heard these two games do have flaws and I wanted to know if these two have (although their drawbacks) strong good arguments ?

• @Browarr You'll love Dead Space. It has great action and atmosphere. Regarding Alien: Isolation... It's a very unique take on the survival-horror genre. The Alien itself is incredibly well done and terrifying, and the artwork is fantastic. However, I felt the game suffered from pacing issues. It takes a while to really get started, and the game takes longer to go through than it should have. The lack of checkpoints and the inability to save anywhere turns a lot of people away, but it definitely adds to the tension of each encounter. Not sure which side of the fence you'll fall on.

• @Browarr Alien Isolation is a great 6 hour game... it's just too bad it's like double that.
    If you're a fan of the series though it should be tried. It nails the aesthetic of the first movie, and that Xenomorph is terrifying and super smart.

• @Inustar @Billy Thank you guys for your answers ! I will pick it up (the game is already at a low price) since I love the first Alien movie. Thanks again :)

• was just playing dragon quest builders demo i was on the fence before now ill probably pick it up i thing its price is a little high though

• Played through the DQB demo on vita too and really liked it. Controls are a little awkward but they're fine after a while.

• I finished Chapter 4 of King's Quest and since the previous chapter was really really (R E A L L Y) awesome, I had high expectations. God I'm disappointed. Not because it's not as good as Chapter 3 but because it's as bad as Chapter 2 which was really really (R E A L L Y) weak IMO.

They managed to do worse with the puzzles (most of them seemed like fillers for an episode already too long), really bad writing (some important characters and strong relationships brought without really building that up) and a lack of good art direction (especially after Chapter 3, maybe a question of color tone).

For now, they're doing one good episode every two episodes. So I have faith for the last one (welp, there is also some kind of Epilogue). It was a nice surprise when I finally played Chapter 1 (free on PS4 IIRC) and it could become one of my disappointment of the year (probably 2017 when I look at the schedule release).

Also tried to play again to GTA V. I feel it's just not for me and that makes me a bit sad (but I might saved 50 hours of game time in the end so yay).

• I'm on the last deck of my first time playing System Shock 2. It's a game just dripping with atmosphere, so I can see why it was so lauded, but the combat is not very good. It's got some of the Deus Ex problem in the way it feels when shooting. Also, all I really have to do is rush and circle strafe any enemy with my melee weapon.

Still, a lot of things in the environment are developed much more fully than Half Life, which came out a year earlier. It's been fun. I've only played a little of the first System Shock, but will go back to it after I finish this up. I suspect I will like that one even better.

• @Maczime I played the first episode purely because it was free on PS, and I loved it. It was just so gorgeous, I loved the art in that game. Haven't played any of the other episodes because I'm waiting until they're all out, so I'm a little saddened to hear they aren't all great. Probably won't stop me from picking up a bundle some time in the future for the right price.

And don't worry, you're not alone with that thought of GTA V. It's a great game that I couldn't get more then a couple hours into. It's just not my style.

• Decided to give Dark Souls another go after gaining confidence from Bloodborne. Everythings going well so far :D

• @Faaip The first game?

• Just started Lords of the Fallen since it was free with PS Plus this past month. I love Souls, and while it seems less refined, I'm having fun so far.

• @Billy Yeah the first.. I never finished it originally

I thought Lord's of the Fallen was super fun!

• Slowly working my way through Dragon Ball Xenoverse; Just started the Buu Saga.

I played through the Dragon Quest Builders demo and loved it, but I wish I was able to mine stone.