[Official] What are you playing?

• Started playing Doom Eternal thanks to Game Pass-pretty freaking sweet it is.

• This is the Police 2. Really enjoyed the first one and am enjoying this one... Except that it keeps crashing on me. I'm trying my best but I might abandon it with a broken heart.

• My brother brought my PS3 back from overseas a few days ago, and I replayed John Woo's Stranglehold. I enjoy playing it mostly because it's kinda nostalgic at this point, but man, it does not hold up at all. The aiming is so stiff, the story sucks ass, and the framerate is pretty abysmal at times. I really like this one part where you have to protect a band while they're playing jazz (the sax guy died early so there's no sax parts for the rest of the section, which is kinda cool), but other than that part, it's pretty mediocre overall. I still have more PS3 games I want to replay, so I'll move on to something else.

• I was trying the Pikmin demo. Very generous demo and really sold me on the game. Except the image quality is too rough for my taste. Usually I'm not too picky about graphics but in this case the type of textures used don't mix well with 720p on a big screen.

• Started playing a game Huber's been recommending-Wintermoor Tactics Club, and yes it is cozy and it is a lovely little strategy game, just a pleasant and fun indie offering that deserves a look for sure.

• Bought Paper Mario today. Was desiring some more Nintendo and went for it. A couple of hours in I have to say the writing is surprisingly good and funny, the art direction is superb and overall seems to be overflowing with that creativity that only Nintendo is able to deliver. On the negative side I have to say, I dislike the initial fase of almost every game but this really pushes over exposition to mechanics to the absurd. Yes, Is get it is a game for all ages but (1) don't treat kids as youknowwhat and (2) give players the option to pick a "fully functional human" mode. Holy Shi... Nintendo! Combat looks potentially interesting but for what I've heard online it doesn't quite develop upon its basic premise. But oh boy this game is charming!

• I got my friend's PS4 a few weeks back along with most of the "important" games. First one I started up was God of War. So far so good. Absolutely beautiful, incredible story, etc.

Got Yakuza 0 on sale and started that up today. This game rocks my vibe so hardcore. Honestly like it more than GoW at this point. Completely different and an unfair comparison, but this game is so freaking rad. We'll see how both finish up for me, though.

• I'm 10 hours into FF7, the og version, playing it for the first time.

First of all, I'm enjoying the game, enough that I'm looking forward to keep playing, but I can't hide the fact that I have to remind myself plenty of times that it is a game from 23 years ago and that it was something revolutionary in some ways at the time.

This game outside of the nostalgia factor, just doesn't have what it takes, and doesn't hold up to be considered a great game now a days, not strategy wise, not in design or presentation and from what I've seen so far certainly not in story (the fact that I'm playing it along with what is shaping up to be one of the best stories in games in 13 Sentinels). I do think I enjoy the game well enough so far that there's hope for me to end up liking it more by the end, but seen it with my 2020 eyes this is outdone by many RPGs since then, and in my opinion even before then, FFVI is a much superior game so far for me, and would say the same from Earthbound or Chrono Trigger which I didn't love either.

I'm not saying this to thrash on it, I've just thought a lot about my impressions of the game since I wanted to finally have my own opinion of it.

Ohh but Red XIII is dope!

• Currently reinstalling and trying out R6 Siege and Apex Legends again to find out whether they're still broken/buggy on my PS4, cause I'm feeling the ol' shooter itch again and Rogue Company got boring real fast.

Aside from that, I've been grinding slowly on Genshin Impact. I recently got to rank 26, and after unlocking quite a few characters, the combat really starts to get fun. I think it's safe to say now that the exploration could be better, with the somewhat janky controls and unsatisfying movement speed, but the combat is more than enough now to make up for it. Chaining elemental combos with my friends on coop mode is very satisfying, ngl.

Also, I got some really good survival matches on GoT Legends and I got a lot of higher level gear pretty quick. It's so fun, can't wait to try out the Nightmare challenges.

• Playing Genshin Impact regularly now. I love it, from the main and small story quests or the recent character quests, there is a lot of world building going on. Today I found out why there is this magically sealed door in Mondstadt. Hmm, I remember after the first 2 or 3 hour I thought I already got more narrative out of it than with BotW.

• Currently playing Final Fantasy XIV and Monster Hunter World: Iceborne.

• @tenebrisnight see you in 2024

• I've been going through the Amnesia games in preparation for the latest one. Finished up the first and second, and started on Soma even though it's not exactly a part of the franchise.

I really love the story and the ideas, but man is this game bad at choreographing where or what they want you to do next sometimes. It can be a really simple thing, but I'll take ten to twenty minutes before looking up a walk through feeling like an idiot. A couple extra voice lines to cue you in would have definitely been helpful, but I've gotten lost and frustrated more than what I feel is fair, and it's definitely ruined the immersion for me when it happens.

• I just picked up my girlfriend the Fairy Tail game on PS4, and it's made her giddy just playing the into. I've seen next to none of the anime, but according to her enthusiasm, if you've seen the show and have a deep love for it, it will be a really awesome time. It will be really fun to watch her play through it!

So far from my perspective the turn based battles are fun and simple with enough strategic complexity to mix things up, and it follows the story of the anime (in the middle) if you're familiar with it and want to play through a place you know to be comfortable. Seems jolly as hell so far, I'm excited to watch my girlfriend be stoked to go through familiar story beats.

• I started Metro 2033 Redux. Even though it's a remastered of the first game it still shows it's age with animations mostly.

• Championship Manager 2020. I remember when I was a kid in the 90s, me and my group of friends enjoying football Managers quite a lot. Picking up a regional club and going up the leagues was immensely satisfying. Also local PVP matches were epic battles with lots of shit talk, screaming and celebrations.

But above all these kind of games were accessible while offering in-depth control. Fast forward to 2020 and... WTF is this? I really can't find any joy in this game such is the amount of micro management required. Wish this had a 90s dumb kid mode.

• I'm on the final dungeon on FFIV DS and I legitimately have no idea how I beat this game when I was younger. My god, this is a grind.

• Started the Prey Mooncrash DLC. I'm like two hours in, and from what the game have shown and told me so far, I'm pretty overwhelmed by the concept of this DLC. You're playing as some dude that is being contracted by a shady group, and your objective is to complete the simulation data from a moonbase filled with aliens in order to find out what really happened. You need to play as 5 different characters in the simulation and complete their stories, and to complete a simulation run you need to escape the moonbase with all the characters, which means that one death will render your run incomplete, and you need to reset everything. There's also a meter that tracks the level of data corruption in the simulation, and the longer a run is, the corruption level will increase, which makes more tougher enemies show up. The whole simulation will crash when the level is at maximum. This DLC basically introduces multiple layers of chaotic complexity to an already intense game, and it's awesome. I'm not sure if I will ever finish this (I'm so intimidated by this), but I'm glad that I actually bought it, I love supporting cool shit.

• @bam541 I've heard really good things about it.

• I'm playing Crusader Kings III because it's on Game Pass. I don't think I'd ever spend $79.99 on this type of game unless I could give it a free chance.

I am so profoundly confused by it but I'm going through the tutorial and watching some videos online. It's quite literally a game that takes place exclusively in menu's. There are menu's inside of menu's inside of menu's and glossaries inside of glossaries inside of glossaries. It's actually insane how much information and just things to click and interact with are on-screen at once.

It kinda reminds me of the concept of "doom scrolling" on social media where you just keep scrolling and clicking different links and next thing you know 30 mins went by. I've made it 60 minutes so far and so much of my time involved just reading text definitions of terms.

I'm going to stick with it though. Everybody in the YouTube comments say the same thing: once this game clicks, it's the best experience. One thing that really amused me and I have no idea how much this type of thing can actually be expanded upon, but the wife I selected in the tutorial has an infatuation with "war camels" and I like the idea of my wife's political ideologies and policies being profoundly consumed by "war camels"...