[Official] What are you playing?

• Currently playing Yakuza: Like a Dragon in the computer room and 13 Sentinels in the living room.

In Reality: mostly Yakuza.

• @dmcmaster

A) I didn't realize you were Hayterfan. Not that it matters, just thought it was two people. I am also GoTaco and might switch back to that name cause idk why I named myself after The Diplomats lol

B) Troy Baker is clearly high in his living room reading off a Zoom mic.

C) Otherwise Dirt 5 looks lit.

• Booted up Blur and played through the first set of races. It's pretty surreal seeing these realistic looking real life cars throwing energy blasts at each other. It's really fun so far, although I still don't get how to properly drift/turn corners. There's also a photo mode in the game, which I would have never expected.

• @bam541 It's good you're finding Blur a blast to play.

• @bam541 I played a hit of Blur and a bit of Split/Second recently. I definitely like the sense of speed in Split/Second but man is it hard to make out what the attacks are actually doing. Still, loved my little time with both games. Will return for sure.

• Decided to check Halo 4 on the XSX. Damn, this is a X360 game!

• @phbz It's crazy how much better it looks than infinite. Never cared much for the game but damn it's pretty.

• @phbz I've never owned an XBox or particularly cared for Halo, but I distinctly remember thinking, "damn, graphics will never get better than this" when Halo 4 came out. Honestly, still kinda true. I think the cutscenes for Halo 2 MC also gave me that reaction. No clue what's happened since then.

• @naltmank I think i343 did a really good job with 4 and improved upon what Bungee did in some areas. Story was the biggest problem imo, way too much drama and not enough sci-fi. Then 5 happened and it was a complete disaster.

• Just started The Last of Us for the first time through PS+ Collection. I had played the intro chapter at a friend’s house before but that was before I had 2 little girls. 0/10 so far.

• Update on FFIV replay: still stuck on the final dungeon. Was so damn close to the save room but I wiped on the Red Dragon fight. This game has plummeted in my FF rankings. Christ.

• Playing Metal Gear Rising and truly not enjoying it. On top of the silly story and some pretty horrible voice acting this is one of the worst cameras I can think of. OMG!

• Been playing Genshin Impact a lot since my friends' enthusiasm for this game is quite infectious. I just reached rank 39 and beaten the latest main quest. It's a good game for sure. I definitely enjoyed the story quests, despite being annoyed by some of the story beats and character moments. I'm kinda surprised by how engaging the story can be, it's clear that a lot of care and thought was put into it. I think it can feel a bit blunt and cheesy at many times, but it's a solid effort overall. I also really enjoyed the combat system, it's so fun when you have a good team composition that feeds off each other's powers. Unfortunately at this point the game's grindiness is obviously a much bigger obstacle than ever before, so I think it's safe to say that this very moment will be the peak of this game for me, at least until the next big update comes. Hopefully it doesn't go too downhill.

• I checked out the intro of Mafia Remastered, I'm planning to continue in the near future. Also to my surprise game runs really smooth and looks really nice. I'm happy about it, I was expecting some issues because of my old CPU and 8 GB ram.

• Played and finished Bugsnax now I'm getting into Empire of Sin-at the moment it reminds me of last year's Narcos: Rise of the Cartels with its turn-based action/strategy gameplay as well as that Peaky Blinders: Mastermind game that came out several months ago.

• @scotty Mafia: Definitive Edition is really awesome and I find it far more compelling than Mafia II and Mafia III.

• @jdincinerator

I hope so. Intro is already good and both Mafia II and Mafia III(especially III) has really good intros.

• Getting back into Halo Master Chief Collection now that i have my series x. so nostaligic for me.
    haven't played my Halo since about 2015 because how broken and slow the Xbone was. loved how seamless it was transferring my save data was since it was all still backed up in the cloud even after all this time ")

• @yoshi

I never played the abysmal XBO version, but I got MCC on PC and 60fps with a wider field of view on Halo 3 has made this the most immersive and fun game for me in all of 2020. I've poured like 50 hours into Halo 3 multiplayer and it doesn't even have all the community stuff that the 360 did. The game is just that fun on its on. No skins, no upgrade trees, no XP nonsense. Just FUN. 343i hasn't done a fantastic job with the series but Halo MCC is awesome.

I started watching Mike & Mike play Dark Souls 3 so I decided to hop in. I haven't played since my OG PS4. I can't tell if the performance is better or not on PS4 Pro, but the game seems to be running pretty smooth which is very nice. I really love the heck outta this game, but I double down on saying its a Greatest Hits compilation of the Souls series. I feel weirdly nostalgic playing a game that's as recent as 2016.

• Tried out Just Cause 4. Maybe it's because I have played nothing but great games recently, but man, this feels so janky and underwhelming. The game looks pretty wack too, the HDR looks so off to me. Might be a quick uninstall for me.