[Official] What are you playing?

• Desperados 3 dropped on Gamepass and I think I'll have to make some changes to my 2020 top. The game is phenomenal.

• Due too some unfortunate circumstances my My PlayStation & xbox are fucked. So I'm digging out my old systems. So I decided to give Grandia a go. I'm fucking smitten. I'm going on an adventure. I've not felt this good playing a game in years. Playing with my youngest its Heaven.

• @paulmci27 I love playing older games and having “they could do this then?!” moments. The voice acting and rotating camera felt ahead of their time when I first played Grandia maybe 10 years ago. Super game from what I played of it.

• I'm playing The Medium and I'm enjoying it more than I thought I would. Cool esoteric thriller, 3rd person walking sim. I don't think it will dethrone Observer as my favourite game from this team but it's in that same vein of borderline interactive fiction.

• Playing Doom(2016)

Just want to say something: Whoever designed that mini map, he/she did a terrible terrible job! I am getting really annoyed while trying to figure out which thing is where or on which floor. Is it too f..cking hard to design a map where a player can understand these simple things!!?? It was like that with SWJ: Fallen Order too. In Doom, you can't even turn the map 360 degrees!!! Is this a f..cking joke!? I'm really pissed off!

• Continuing my playthrough of Control that I haven't touched since May. Makes me think that Remedy should make TV shows because Alan Wake, Quantum Break and Control have a certain TV show quality to them-especially Quantum Break seeing as that game had a TV show interspersed throughout it.

• @jdincinerator

How can you continue a game that you didn't play since May from where you left? Asking for real. Didn't you forget most of it?

• @scotty You're picking up where you left off is all. I know I should've just stuck with it until completion but it seems what with it being free on PS+ this month, Brad streaming it this week and wanting to play something lighter off the back of completing RDR2-it seems like a the kind of story-driven and linear game I want to get through and enjoy.

• @jdincinerator

Okay, I would have start from the beginning again.

• Giving Yakuza Zero another chance. Trying to push myself to finish it. I honestly think it's objectively a mediocre game but every time there's a main story bit it's always so fucking good that I'm doing my best. Unfortunately I don't see me playing all the other ones if I eventually finish this one because most of it is so sufferable.

• @phbz I kinda feel the same as you. I finished that game a year ago and was satisfied with the story, but it took me nearly a year to actually finish it because I got tired of the main gameplay loop at some point in the middle act. I put down the game for months and when I got back I just rushed through the main missions. I still want to play the other Yakuza games, but it's very low on my to-do list.

I wish that someone would make a different game out of the city exploration and side quests/activities from this game, because I truly feel like those parts are the only time I enjoyed the gameplay. I guess that's the reason I really gravitate towards something like Shenmue. The combat parts of Shenmue are way less prevalent, and Shenmue III added a whole new dynamic to it that I really like.

• Bought Ys Origin for 5 bucks and played it for a bit, never played any Ys games before. I really enjoy it so far, the ARPG combat is simple yet satisfying, and the controls feels tight as heck. I happened to stream me playing it since I wanted to test my internet and mic, and I almost got whooped by the first boss. Hopefully this is a sign of more challenging bosses to come. The only bad part of my experience so far is that the story doesn't immediately respond to things that just happened. After the boss fight, I wanted to report it to the other characters, but the game doesn't even acknowledge that it happened yet.

• Update on Grandia. 12 hours in, been playing with my kid. He's loving watching me play even though he's too young to understand the battle system he's glued to it. We're having the best time. Warms my heart. Looking forward to every time we play it. Magical.

• Started Resident Evil 5 coop yesterday morning with my friend. RE5, RE6, RE3 Remake, and Code Veronica are the mainline RE games I haven't played or finished. I played what I assume is maybe 50% of the game waaaaaay back when. I recall it feeling a lot more intense in 2008 than it currently does. On one hand, I'm way more experienced with Resident Evil, but also, this game just doesn't scare me as an adult. It's just the thrill of a zombie nearly getting you but you run away just right on time.

Low expectations but having fun so far. It's funny how every co-op game in that era played the exact same: pre-mission inventory screen, hold circle to throw your friend up a ladder, run through bite sized levels. The only difference between RE5 and 50 Cent: Blood on the Sand are the shooting mechanics. 2008 was a glorious yet weird time in gaming.

• Been getting through Afterparty. For those not in the know Afterparty comes from the same devs who made Oxenfree but here it's about drinking and hell and a pleasant way to spend 5 hours.

• Officially quit on Yakuza once again. I just can't. Maybe I'll try Like a Dragon one day as the combat looks more interesting.

Right now I'm playing Cyber Shadow. It's good fun so far.

• I'm playing Doom(2016) and having a hard time to get enjoyment of it. I'm in the minority that just don't find the combat fun at all. I'm just playing it to finish it, combat is bland and boring. I don't know if it will be much more in the upcoming levels but not holding my breath.

• Currently playing through Saints Row: The Third Remastered. I really enjoyed the original version when I played it on Xbox 360 almost a decade ago and this remaster really fails to do the game justice for one very significant reason-the framerate is absolutely and unacceptably atrocious. The amount of slowdown and times I thought the game froze up is scarily frequent. The game runs like it was ported poorly on the Nintendo Switch and does a convincing job of making you want to stick with the Switch/360/PS3 versions if you own those. Visually the game looks like a nice upgrade but there's no reason to revisit Saints Row: The Third under this remaster. As far as videogame remasters go this one is piss poor.

• @jdincinerator
    What's wrong with the framerate? I remember it being pretty good 90% of the time, only chugging when you try to cause as many explosions as possible.

Finally got around to playing the Balan Wonderland demo, and good lord does it need to be delayed like....idk how long but they seriously need to rethink the gameplay, cause this thing plays like a old tech demo from like 92 when the Z axsis was completely new. I do like the idea and premise but damn does it need to rethink its gameplay.

Also anyone getting a RTX 3090 be careful about that first boot up

• @dmcmaster I also played some of the Balan Wonderworld demo on PS5 and it's real bad. The platforming doesn't look or feel right, so it already fails as a platformer. It looks like garbage and the rolling hills effect was making me motion sick so I had to stop playing. I can't see how Square Enix thought releasing this demo was a good idea.