[Official] What are you playing?

• @dipset I got both. I said that because of what happens in the first 5 minutes, not because I hate the game. It’s pretty good so far.

• Through a series of late night internet surfing sessions, I somehow ended up wanting to try out TERA on PS4, and I did. I was feeling nostalgic for the old free-to-play MMOs that I used to play in internet cafes back when I was younger, and this game certainly fulfills that nostalgia like no other. This game has it all: shoddy presentation and production values, somewhat generic art style and story, less than optimal performance. The thing is that I'm actually having fun with the gameplay. The combat's pretty decent, and exploring is kinda fun.

• Ori and the Will of the Wisps(PC)

I didn't finish it but I guess I will take a break for sometime because of my PC's heating problem. With that said I played it 10+ hours and already liked it more than the first game. Graphics, gameplay, story all feels similar to the first game but interestingly I enjoyed it much more this time. Some of the new skills are nice, there are side quests now and they are not annoying fortunately; I even liked some of theirs mini stories. Mokis are cute, side characters are good additions overall. They made the world of the game more alive this time with the improvements that I've just written. Soundtrack is really soothing and that colours in game's world something else, it looks like a painting!

My main complaints are about some annoying platforming sections, Ori dies too fast(even with upgrades), game gives you so much little perks but you always have to choose just a little bit of them, I would prefer for more meaningful perks instead of pouring this much(I usually stick with what I got in the first hours because they were the most beneficial ones), story is so simple and didn't touch me a lot. And like I said above, game feels a little bit too similar to previous game, more than I expected for sure.

I didn't finish it yet like I said but I don't think my thoughts will change drastically towards more negative side; maybe they can increase even more than right now and it's still a good sequel for a game that I didn't like as much as anybody else. Still not sorry about this one didn't get GOTY nomination though. ¯_(ツ)_/¯

Probably will quote this and share my final thoughts once I finish it.

• Resident Evil VII(PS5 via backwards compatibility)

I just got the

Scorpion key

so I still have hours to go. It's good, not scary as much as I expected but still tense most of the time, I'm playing slowly and just leave after 2 hours for 2 days. Story is intriguing and backtracking is fun as usual. I have two complains:

Molded is not a good creation.

I'm getting tired of these unkillable stalkers in RE games, plase find something new for the future.

I can't even explore as much as I want because of this shit!

• Did a bunch of things recently:

• Started a casual 2nd playthrough of TLOU Part II on Hard+. Basically means that I'm skipping all cutscenes, just want to enjoy the gameplay and combat. Can't wait for Factions!
    • Restarted my playthrough of Elder Scrolls Online (base game) because I ended up not liking my original character. Now I'm a female Nord. It's 100% a podcast game, but the quests so far are good enough to make me pay more attention every once in a while.
    • Started playing AC New Horizons last week. It's as chill and cozy as I expected.

• Playing RE7 for the first time before going to Village(😏)

I'm sick of developers streching games' length by keeping endings long with boring and forced levels. I was satisfied with how things worked out mostly when

we left the Baker family

But now I'm probably in the last hour of the story and not feeling that good about the game because of this unnecessaryly long level. If you really had to do it -which is not the situation, they could implement this in the story some way- at least cut it short and don't make me think "Can you finish already!?"

@Phbz

I guess you were the one who thinks similar and how right you were!

• Decided to play Battlefield V and I swear one of the sections of the story was ripped wholesale out of Battlefield 1. Not too bad but BF1 is definitely superior.

• @jdincinerator

BFV single player may as well not exist. It was such a waste of time and resources. The multiplier is great though, especially the gunplay, but it doesn’t have the same fantastical version of war that BF1 has.

What’s funny is that Criterion, who made the Firestorm mode (Battle Royal), did it in a really short period of time and A LOT of their ideas were lifted and put into Warzone as-is. Goes to show that they could’ve had something special with more focus, time, and resources.

Tbh, I wouldn’t even recommend you finish BFV story mode.

• Tried Ghostrunner demo and I respect the people who can get enjoyment from this. Even with keyboard and mouse it's still too annoying to play.

• @scotty Ghostrunner isn't a terrible game but I think from a design standpoint it's frustrating. I mean do you think it's fair to go into an area where your enemies are fully shielded and they are able to shoot you but you can't shoot them at all and you have to disable the shields then slash their heads off whilst trying not to become mince meat yourself? I understand why some really like Ghostrunner including Brad, but the way it's designed can really grate.

• @jdincinerator

I have nothing against one shot kill/die thing. Hell I like HM and SuperMeatBoy but level design should support it.

• Just played the first hour of Nier Replicant and although I love the soundtrack and I've just gotten to a good point where I think things will start to pick up-I can't understate just how boring it is to be given a mission where you have to collect basic materials-those kinds of quests could make me want to turn the game off. Not a big fan of the shades either, they remind me of typhon alien enemies from 2017's Prey all dark and nuisance-like.

• I was playing the Scarlet Nexus demo. Combat is good and depending on how it progresses it might be a good title for fans of the genre but the art style is not great, particularly the world, and feels too low budget in cut scenes and stuff. It's one of those titles that maybe if it comes to Game Pass I'll give it a try but I'm not feeling it.

• Arkham Asylum/City, Chrono Trigger/Cross, Parasite Eve

• Mud Runner is on Gamepass and it's incredibly fun. I just don't think I'm going to stick with it much longer because structurally is kind of messy. On the other hand it's really really satisfying to navigate the muddy roads trying not to get stuck.

• I finally caved in and bought The Evil Within. I'm not very fond of horror stuff but I want to slowly ease my self into the genre because there's just a lot of cool games with horror elements. I have watched Huber's playthrough at GT before so it's not exactly a new experience, but man, it's actually quite fun. I'm playing it on casual because I just want to shoot some creepy stuff in the face, it's great. I would have definitely died a lot at this point if I'm not playing at casual, there's so many moments that would have wrecked my mental state, lol.

• Playing FF7 Remake and it's not bad at all.

As a passionate hater of turn-based games and not a keen lover of RPGs this one uses both of those without getting annoying or boring so far. Some cutscenes or dialogues are funny(not in a good way) but I guess that's usual for Japanese RPGs? And I'm curious about story. My only concern now is, if I finish this one I will have to wait for the sequel for 2-3 years and from what I've heard, game's original story is far from finishing even with second game.

And in a perfect world all turn-based RPGs would give the choice to play the game as this one: Real time action+tactical decisions mix.

• Fired up the Ratchet trilogy on my Vita. I finished the three on the Ps2 but feel it's about time I finally did these again and make use of picking up some trophies this time.

I also started Enclave on the original Xbox, a game that's been sat there for about 14 years unplayed. It's OK so far with exception of the camera controls which as far as I can tell can't be changed from inverted.

• @sheria Oh man Enclave! I used to loooove that game, it was so visually impressive back in the day, and had some fun gameplay. I think it's from Starbreeze right?

• @axel said in [Official] What are you playing?:

@sheria Oh man Enclave! I used to loooove that game, it was so visually impressive back in the day, and had some fun gameplay. I think it's from Starbreeze right?

It is indeed.