[Official] What are you playing?

• @scotty Ghostrunner isn't a terrible game but I think from a design standpoint it's frustrating. I mean do you think it's fair to go into an area where your enemies are fully shielded and they are able to shoot you but you can't shoot them at all and you have to disable the shields then slash their heads off whilst trying not to become mince meat yourself? I understand why some really like Ghostrunner including Brad, but the way it's designed can really grate.

• @jdincinerator

I have nothing against one shot kill/die thing. Hell I like HM and SuperMeatBoy but level design should support it.

• Just played the first hour of Nier Replicant and although I love the soundtrack and I've just gotten to a good point where I think things will start to pick up-I can't understate just how boring it is to be given a mission where you have to collect basic materials-those kinds of quests could make me want to turn the game off. Not a big fan of the shades either, they remind me of typhon alien enemies from 2017's Prey all dark and nuisance-like.

• I was playing the Scarlet Nexus demo. Combat is good and depending on how it progresses it might be a good title for fans of the genre but the art style is not great, particularly the world, and feels too low budget in cut scenes and stuff. It's one of those titles that maybe if it comes to Game Pass I'll give it a try but I'm not feeling it.

• Arkham Asylum/City, Chrono Trigger/Cross, Parasite Eve

• Mud Runner is on Gamepass and it's incredibly fun. I just don't think I'm going to stick with it much longer because structurally is kind of messy. On the other hand it's really really satisfying to navigate the muddy roads trying not to get stuck.

• I finally caved in and bought The Evil Within. I'm not very fond of horror stuff but I want to slowly ease my self into the genre because there's just a lot of cool games with horror elements. I have watched Huber's playthrough at GT before so it's not exactly a new experience, but man, it's actually quite fun. I'm playing it on casual because I just want to shoot some creepy stuff in the face, it's great. I would have definitely died a lot at this point if I'm not playing at casual, there's so many moments that would have wrecked my mental state, lol.

• Playing FF7 Remake and it's not bad at all.

As a passionate hater of turn-based games and not a keen lover of RPGs this one uses both of those without getting annoying or boring so far. Some cutscenes or dialogues are funny(not in a good way) but I guess that's usual for Japanese RPGs? And I'm curious about story. My only concern now is, if I finish this one I will have to wait for the sequel for 2-3 years and from what I've heard, game's original story is far from finishing even with second game.

And in a perfect world all turn-based RPGs would give the choice to play the game as this one: Real time action+tactical decisions mix.

• Fired up the Ratchet trilogy on my Vita. I finished the three on the Ps2 but feel it's about time I finally did these again and make use of picking up some trophies this time.

I also started Enclave on the original Xbox, a game that's been sat there for about 14 years unplayed. It's OK so far with exception of the camera controls which as far as I can tell can't be changed from inverted.

• @sheria Oh man Enclave! I used to loooove that game, it was so visually impressive back in the day, and had some fun gameplay. I think it's from Starbreeze right?

• @axel said in [Official] What are you playing?:

@sheria Oh man Enclave! I used to loooove that game, it was so visually impressive back in the day, and had some fun gameplay. I think it's from Starbreeze right?

It is indeed.

• @sheria said in [Official] What are you playing?:

Fired up the Ratchet trilogy on my Vita.

I want to play these too. I have the collection on PS3, but never tried it out. How does it run on Vita?

• @demonpirate said in [Official] What are you playing?:

@sheria said in [Official] What are you playing?:

Fired up the Ratchet trilogy on my Vita.

I want to play these too. I have the collection on PS3, but never tried it out. How does it run on Vita?

It runs just fine for me. While I can't compare it to the PS3 ports, I found it to be a decent, straight up port of the Ps2 games, just now in one, nice portable package.
    The games are admittedly rather tight on check points however, especially the first game, and the platforming is a tad fineky at time as well.
    Because of this, I can understand people opting for the PS3 version over the Vita, it would mostly be down to the analogue control and general precision though. That said, I just love having these huge, amazing trilogys/series on the go. (I've got Jak too)

• To be honest I still think the PS2 versions are still the best versions for both Ratchet and Jak. The HD remasters have so many weird glitches not found in the original versions.

• Virtua Fighter 5 Ultimate Showdown is pretty sick, all things considered. I wish it had way better production values and such (the worst thing about this game is the low quality of the audio/sound files), but it is what it is. I never played any VF game before, so I enjoyed getting to know this game's differences compared to other fighter games. Aoi's my pick for now. I'll probably stick to offline gameplay for now since I barely understand what's going on, I definitely need to read/watch some guides and such before jumping to ranked.

• Terminator Resistance: Enhanced Edition
    I've decided to return and play the PS5-upgraded version of Terminator: Resistance and despite some technical and visual enhancements, it's still one ugly game. I appreciate that Resistance has some Fallout inspiration and dang those explosions are cool-the game quickly gets tiresome because of the running around completing objectives, shooting bots as you wait for their health bars to deplete-and a finnicky crafting and upgrade system. I don't know who thought levelling up a plasma rifle by inserting chips into slots was a good idea-but they certainly made it cumbersome and confusing at least initially. The best thing about Resistance so far is at least it feels like a solid if unspectacular shooter-a game you can play and keeps you busy without much to think about. If nothing else Terminator Resistance allowed me to bare witness to one of the ugliest and horribly-voiced videogame children I've ever seen.

• New Pokemon Snap

Ok I don't know what's going on, I'm enjoying this game WAY more than I expected! I'm already over 20 hours in and haven't even finished it yet, I'm obsessed, there's so much to discover and it's just so relaxing and jolly, exactly the thing I need right now.

My girlfriend is playing it too so we enjoy watching each other play and spotting things we missed before, then going back to try it out in our own playthrough.

It has made me fall in love with Pokemon all over again, to the point where I might even buy Sword just to scratch the itch.

I never even played the original so this isn't a nostalgia trip.

It's definitely not a game for everyone but somehow, it's for me :)

• Bought Chivalry II on PS4. It's quite janky, with less-than-intuitive UI and ocassional frame drops, but the matches are chaotic af and I love it so far. I'm also surprised by the depth of the combat system, it manages to make use of somewhat simplistic controls to great effect. Most of the time it's too chaotic to even consider using optimally, but hey, I'm sure an epic 1v1 will happen one day.

• @bam541
    You can decapitate someone then toss thier head at someone else in that? Or was that just trailer stuff?

• @dmcmaster I haven't tried it yet but I did see a button prompt to pick up a head a couple times. It's just too BM for me, lol