[Official] What are you playing?

• @bam541 Bioshock 2 actually plays a lot better I prefer the story & level design. Miner vas den is amazing aswell

• @paulmci27 I'm really curious about 2, hopefully I can get to that one sooner rather than later.

• This post is deleted!

• @paulmci27 said in [Official] What are you playing?:

Miner vas den is amazing aswell

That DLC is better than the main game lol

• Played a bit of Lair. I was interested in trying this out because a fantasy dragon air combat game sounds cool af, and I heard the devs added analog controls in an update. Got through the first 4 levels, and I have to say that I'm enjoying it so far. Like, there's some really cool stuff here. The orchestral soundtrack overall is pretty fucking awesome, and it really helps make the battles feel so epic. There's some really cool environments too, and the dated graphics adds charm to its presentation, even with how alarming the framerate can be at times. The story and world setting is also pretty interesting. The gameplay, when it works, can be satisfying, but many times it feels like the controls are fighting against you, even with the analog controls. I really, really want to like this game, so I'm willing to fight through it.

• Last week started to replay The Simpsons: Hit & Run to try and get through a bit of my Gamecube backlog. Somehow this game is still grand to play in 2021. Definitely not a 10 or anything, but it is a joyous time and maybe my favorite licensed game in that era. Probably forgetting a game, but still. Somehow it's still grand. Also playing the Donkey Kong Country trilogy games on the SNES online since I never played those before. Heavily needing the Rewind feature, because of how bad I am. Sorry purists.

• A while back, Kyle Bosman, a little known streamer, showed off a game called Astalon: Tears of the Earth. It's a little metroidvania featuring multiple characters that looks like it was made for the NES. I've really enjoyed it and it was only $20. Definitely recommend taking a look. Scratches that 'finding secrets and filling out the map' itch while waiting for Team Cherry to show us... something.

• I'm in the middle of ENDER LILLIES: Quietus of the Knights and I'm also stumbling through Returnal. I think ENDER LILLIES will probably be the sleeper of the year. Highly recommend it if you're into Metroidvanias.

• Played Assassin's Creed 2, just finished the prologue (the betrayal moment) and I'm enjoying the game itself so far, but man, this whole Animus thing is bugging me more than I expected. I can't help but feel annoyed everytime things "glitch" out and it reminds me than I'm just playing a dumb simulation thingy, and the blindingly white load screens/areas makes it even worse. I want to continue playing it but I can see myself quitting soon.

• I'm replaying Red Dead Redemption.

I beat the game back when it came out but must admit that I rather main lined the story only.
    Now, while I think that that's just a valid way to play the game, I just fancy going into all of the side stuff this time.

The last stranger quest I did was hilarious. I spoke to a musician in the pub moaning about his wife and the solution to the quest had me literally hogtie her from across the road and drop her off back to him. 😂

• SMT Digital Devil Saga. Great game. I am beginning to realize I don't fully love the SMT/Persona dungeon formula. It's taken me enough games to realize but they often seem to drag on too long. Still love this game though and there is a good chance I will move on to DDS 2 when I am done.

Driver San Francisco. I really like this game and I feel like I am going to like it more and more the better I get at shifting in the middle of missions. This game often comes up when talking about underrated PS3 games and games on those lists I usually find are 7s at best but this might end up as one of my favourite games on the platform.

• @sheria said in [Official] What are you playing?:

I'm replaying Red Dead Redemption.

I beat the game back when it came out but must admit that I rather main lined the story only.
    Now, while I think that that's just a valid way to play the game, I just fancy going into all of the side stuff this time.

The last stranger quest I did was hilarious. I spoke to a musician in the pub moaning about his wife and the solution to the quest had me literally hogtie her from across the road and drop her off back to him. 😂

First RDR1 was actually better game compare to RDR2 which is pure snoozefest. even shooting was better in original.

anyways recently played Village and it's a disappointing game. RE7 was my best RE game and then they made a sequel pure action game instead of horror and badly done.

• Been blitzing through F1 2021 and I have already earned 54% of the trophies earned. I really like this year's lineup of car liveries-the Alpine and Aston Martin ones are amazing. As for the gameplay I feel the handling is more taut than it has been in recent entries, managing to provide greater feedback but now you have to be mindful of overriding the curbs. I haven't dabbled in the new Braking Point story mode yet, but so far it's a pretty awesome game-though the absence of classic cars sucks and I don't know why we have to wait for the Imola, Portimao and Jeddah race tracks-when in the past new tracks were included at launch.

• @jdincinerator Is it published by EA this year?

• @phbz Yes.

• Tried out a couple of PSP games using an emulator on my phone. I'm really surprised by the fact that it runs so well, it's certainly unlike my attempts a few years ago. Anyway, the games I played were Indiana Jones: Staff of Kings and Tomb Raider Anniversary. SoK is unfortunately a dud, it's a just a really basic action game, absolutely nothing special. Tomb Raider is pretty great on the other hand. They adapted to the PSP's limited controls quite well, and I'm having fun with it. Also, it runs at 60 FPS on my phone, which is a great upgrade from the sub 30 framerate on the original hardware. Now I'm considering to buy a gamepad for my phone or something, I really want to continue playing this with proper controls.

• I'm giving Oblivion a chance for the 100th time and I really have a hard enjoying this game.

• @nakenorm I've completed the Braking Point story mode in F1 2021 and I have to say it's ok but needs fine-tuning. Without spoiling anything the story doesn't feel wholly entwined into the gameplay as it should. Your stake as the player feels completely arbitrary as well. EA published games have a tendency to bung cutscenes into proceedings to interfere with the gameplay and the same holds true here. There is a nice whiff of character development that I appreciated and there were certain aspects I felt enriched the story a little bit beyond what I was expecting-but generally it's still a lukewarm offering.

• 3 hours in TLOZ: Skyward Sword HD and I'm loving it. Playing this after messing around so much in BOTW is certainly whiplash-inducing, although I'm warming up to all of this quickly. The ceremony stuff early on was very fun and lovely, the vibe of the game overall is great. it's certainly a bit awkward to have the right stick also controlling things other than the camera, but I think it's worth the hassle since the combat is pretty fun. Flying the Loftwing feels so good controls-wise, and the music that plays when you fly around (and the soundtrack overall so far) is awesome! Excited to see where this goes.

• Playing BLOODROOTS on gamepass. Games pretty great so far. For fans of Hotline Miami & Katana Zero. Good challenge, great controls nice graphics & soundtrack what's not to like. I could see myself replaying this on for better rankings. Once you get into the rhythm of things & clear a mission I one run makes you feel like a badass.