[Official] What are you playing?

• @Browarr Tales from the Borderlands is amazing! And I wasn't even a fan, haven't played any of the shooters. The characters are such a joyful bunch to follow, and the dialogue and the comedy works very well. Along with the drama, got me emotional couple of times. And I'm getting you overhyped, but wait till you witness those opening segments with their musics in every episode. Oh my word :D Have fun!

• @Sentinel-Beach My steam download looks so slow now that you said that haha :D Can't wait to play it !

By the way I wrote a couple of posts ago that I had a blast with Overwatch but I already got enough of it. I guess multiplayers aren't my cup of tea anymore (I used to play too much of online shooters when I was younger). I wanted (and I did) to improve by watching streams, improving my aiming, etc. But being focused on a single game made me sick.
    Offline games, at least for me, have the magic that online games don't. My only long-waited MMO I definitely want to play is Star Citizen, but it is a space sim (and I am a great fan of space-based media) so this may work this time :)

• Just got Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 and I am lovin' it.

• I've been messing around with Space Engine a lot over the past week. Super cool game/simulation!

• downloaded Everyones going to the rapture while walking sims arent my thing i like gone home so ill see where his goes. I assume this is a longer game then gone home?

bought Wild arms 3 off the psn store as it was 70% off for the 10th anniversary sale i played the first 2 and loved the turn based battle with 2d zelda like dungeon design. i prefer the second one to the first as i think the character of brad is just so well written and deep. We'll see where 3 goes i just completed Virginia's opening.

• I purchased Butcher on GOG and I am having good fun. It is an indie Action/Platformer but I prefer to refer to it as "2D Quake with a die and retry design". I refer Butcher as being a 2D Quake because of the same mood and aesthetics. You play as a soldier (I guess ?) and you basically shoot other armed humanoids in grimy, industrial, futuristic levels. Butcher is a mix between old school shooters (you carry several weapons at the same time, there is no health auto-regeneration and you have points of armor) but set in a 2D perspective.
    There is also a tiny focus on speedrun with the game recording your ingame time and showing it at each level beaten (with an overall timer).
    I easily recommand it for people in need of visceral, atmospheric, hardcore shooters or just for folks nostalgic of pre auto-regen shooters :D

• So I watched the fellows of Continue? play Landstalker for the Genesis last night and my immediate thought was, "THAT LOOKS LIKE ALUNDRA!" (I was really excited, I don't know why). Come to find a decent number of the developers from the Landstalker team worked on Alundra. Not only was the price right ($6) but it's something I haven't played since the original release and going through it nearly 2 decades later I can say - this game has aged extremely well, is absolutely charming, and I'm now confused as to why more Zelda fans haven't tried it out. Granted, I haven't yet made it to any of the difficult areas of the game (I remember beating my head metaphorically against the wall for hours as a kid due to this game) but still, I can't recommend it enough.

• Started playing Farcry 3 Blood Dragon since its free on Uplay. Seems pretty fun so far!

• broke down and bought infinate warfare and cod4 remastered played a few matches im way outta practice last time i play cod was 2008

• Dragon Quest Builders (PS4)

• @guiltyofbeing I got through the demo for PS4. I tried it both on Vita and PS4. Very jolly and engaging game. I went exploring and found the dragon too. Was trying to see if I could trap him and grind him to his death but kept having him fall on top of me. I'm probably gonna buy it very soon.

Now I'm debating which system to get it for. I try not to go digital if I can help it, but the physical Vita version is hard to come by and can be expensive. I think I prefer to go Vita because if I'm gonna spend 40hrs on it, I'll be able to get more time in not relying on if the TV's available. Maybe pick up PS4 physical second hand on the cheap in the future.

• Just beat the Titanfall 2 campaign, not a huge FPS guy but wow, it's just plain fun! Never enjoyed a shooter as much as this one. Also playing Dragon Quest Builders, on chapter 3...starting to be a bit of a challenge for me.

• Just finished The Last of Us Remastered on PS4 (first time playing it and gosh, so good). Replaying Uncharted 4 and Rocket League.

• Global Moderator

@MJKell said in [Official] What are you playing?:

fun! Never

Yeah I must say that Titanfall 2 campaign really surprised me. I expected a generic shoot bad guys in space, but it had so much more! Once I hit top 3 on the gauntlet I will play through it again!

• @Lotias Yea man, it's a solid game! I was even more surprised to see it ran in the Source engine, wow they must of modified the heck out of it haha. Definitely want to go back to the gauntlet and get top 3 and definitely want to play through the campaign on the hardest difficulty. Dipping my hand into multiplayer right now but I definitely am not great at it, hopefully in time I can get past that learning curve. Then again I really haven't played to many PvP based multiplayer shooters in the past...that's my excuse for sucking atm haha

• Global Moderator

@MJKell Haha yeah I suck at it as well! and I have played like 20 hours MP or something! But as long as you enjoy it, keep on playing and mix up the game modes! I say this is multiplayer of the year for me!

• @Lotias Thanks for the positive vibes, only played like 2 hours of MP for the first time yesterday and only been playing Pilot v Pilot mode so I'll make sure to mix it up!

• Global Moderator

Monster Hunter Generation I just started

• @Swordfish00830 lets play!

I'm playing a lot of World of Final Fantasy myself.

• I've been playing Steins Gate. Roughly 4-5 hours in at this stage and it's beginning to pick up.

I've heard great things so hopefully it does end up improving significantly.