[Official] What are you playing?

• @tokeeffe9 man I wanna play Darkest Dungeon really bad, but I don't think I can handle juggling another game at the moment

• @bard91 Just so long as you keep in mind that Cold Steel is part 6 of what will be an 8 game long story by the time Cold Steel 3 releases.

• @Minamik from my short time with it I can tell that there's stuff that is definitively a reference to previous events or things that were already established, but at least I haven't felt alienated by anything so far.

• @bard91 One thing, at least, to keep in mind, is that the events of the Cold Steel games take place at the same time as Zero and Ao no Kiseki (which cover what's happening in Crossbell State). But, we don't have those yet, so it's a moot point! :p

• @FF7Cloud I bought it day one just because they had it out the same day on Vita as PS4 and they did a really good job with it.

Only getting around to it now as I've been playing a bunch of Vita/3DS games in between.

It's well worth putting some time into and it's a really nice portable game since the areas are relatively short.

The one slight negative is it can be a bit cluttered and the text can be small but that's to be expected on a small screen really.

• Just finished Yakuza 6.......No words, but this will suffice
    alt text

• I bought Gravity Rush Remastered today and I'm flyin' through it and it's great. I just finished the Endestra district.

• Like two weeks ago I bought Dragon Quest 7 and started Pokémon Alpha Saphir.
    I really like the friendly-childly tone and the overall sense of exploration, but the gameplay itself isn't my cup of tea. I totally understand the fact that players have joy from seeking rare pokémons, trading them and competting online but I think I don't like the concept of Pokémon itself (capturing Pokémon).
    I am just here to explore, get the joy from the mood and that's pretty much about it. Since the plot is thin and it is not the core of the game, I will just gather all of the badges, defeat the league and that's it.

On the other hand, I got from Dragon Quest what I wanted: A real JRPG with a focus on story, characters with that sense of exploration which I really love.
    At the moment, I am really liking it and my only complain is there isn't a wide range of music (I put something like 5 hours in and I am on the second island). From what I have heard, there is a music for combat, one for boss combat, one for village exploration, one for world exploration and one from "dramatic" event.
    I am surely forgetting one or two but I would love to have a larger spectrum of music while playing.

• Got Destiny: The Collection on Black Friday last month and just got round to giving it a go.

Not played Destiny since release in 2014, not even played any of the Expansions or anything so it was quite overwhelming going back and figuring where everything is and what everything does again.

A lot of things have changed in regards to light level, armour etc. Silver I don't believe was in there when i played it either and you now level up by getting XP again which is good! Was strangely nostalgic going back to the Tower again, everything looked just as I remember it looking, everything was in the same place and had a christmassy shine to it thanks to 'The Dawning' or whatever holiday event is on at the moment.

Had about a million notifications at the tower so made sure I picked everything up and explored a bit, got a Level 40 booster as part of my collection too but I figured there'd be no sense of progression from the story missions etc. if I took that so I've left it unused for now, was Level 27 at the start.

Started in chronological order, so started with The Dark Below, playing through the story missions, they were never my favourite part of Destiny and I found things much the same here really, the missions were ok (I actually got my arse handed to me by a sword-wielding Knight strangely) but nothing special really, all re-used locations I recognised from the original game too which I thought was a bit lazy. Got through them anyway and entered the Strike at the end, which was over incredibly quickly.

Moved onto House of Wolves, which is a little better and a bit more interesting at least, still lots of re-used locales from the original game (and a bit of material collection from enemies on Venus...which I definitely didn't miss doing) but it has a bit more about it and I'm enjoying it a bit more at least, got 1 more story mission to do and a couple of strikes.

During one of the House of Wolves missions I realised the green weapons/armour pick-ups I was picking up were actually better than my Exotic/Legendary stuff so had a bit of a 'WTF?' moment with that, they even gave me more light level (raised from 100 to 165 by the end of the session) so I guess Light level is done much differently now, was definitely feeling much more capable and less vulnerable at the end of my playthrough thanks to all the pickups I got.

If anyone wants to jump on and play through some old story missions with me tomorrow you're more than welcome ;)

• Finished up the Nord section of Cold Steel 2. Will move on to Legram tomorrow!

• Still making my way through Pokemon Sun at a glacial place (it's the only way to play!)

I'm also tearing into The Last Guardian when I can.

The main thing that has my focus at the moment is Here They Lie for PSVR. A surreal horror-ish game which is well....here's a short clip of me playing the game:
    Youtube Video

• @thenerdtheword I don't know why, but the demo for that just sort of annoyed me.

• I'm playing some nice music, because I graduated as a Master of Arts today.

• trying to platinum ff15 and all i can say is castlemark tower dungeon can rot in a hole

• Just played the Nier Automata, felt so good,sucks that it's coming a month before P5, cause if its like the first Nier or the Drakengard games I imagine I'm gonna have to devote a good amount of time to it, and I ain't commiting to that on march

• Cold Steel 2: Reunited with 2 more party members and fought a big monkey thing!

• @Minamik I only reunited with the 1st one in Celdic, but I just started the game 2 days ago, love it. Actually teared up a little when Rean hugged that person. Can't wait to meet the rest again, especially Emma <3

@FF7Cloud Hahaha I know right, fighting 3 iron giants with flame swords (Wolfinators?) and 1 Lamia at once is kinda overkill, but man dem EXP, Im now on lvl 85 after using the x3 hotel in Altissia making it over 300k EXP, 15k gil well spent.

• @Musou-Tensei Yeah, I'd be a little further myself, if not for the holidays getting in the way, lol. Did you buy the Megalith master quartz? I'm hoping this version of it ends up as op as the one from the previous game, lol. Free cp regen just from walking around on the map was so good!

• I've been playing Cold Steel these days (not as much as I wanted to since my PS3 controller is acting up), and what I heard was definitively true, this game doesn't lose an opportunity for building an interesting and realistic world, the developers really went the extra mile when designing the world.

I'm really liking it, I don't think it is extraordinary, at least until now, but it is really a very solid game.

• Brother got me Atari Flashbacks Vol. 2 on PS4 for Christmas. Odd pull but it's got some neat games on it. Oddly enough Tennis, of all games, is the one we both agree holds up more than any other. Also kinda dug that weird pseudo rubiks cube thing I forgot the name of.