[Official] What are you playing?

• @thenerdtheword I don't know why, but the demo for that just sort of annoyed me.

• I'm playing some nice music, because I graduated as a Master of Arts today.

• trying to platinum ff15 and all i can say is castlemark tower dungeon can rot in a hole

• Just played the Nier Automata, felt so good,sucks that it's coming a month before P5, cause if its like the first Nier or the Drakengard games I imagine I'm gonna have to devote a good amount of time to it, and I ain't commiting to that on march

• Cold Steel 2: Reunited with 2 more party members and fought a big monkey thing!

• @Minamik I only reunited with the 1st one in Celdic, but I just started the game 2 days ago, love it. Actually teared up a little when Rean hugged that person. Can't wait to meet the rest again, especially Emma <3

@FF7Cloud Hahaha I know right, fighting 3 iron giants with flame swords (Wolfinators?) and 1 Lamia at once is kinda overkill, but man dem EXP, Im now on lvl 85 after using the x3 hotel in Altissia making it over 300k EXP, 15k gil well spent.

• @Musou-Tensei Yeah, I'd be a little further myself, if not for the holidays getting in the way, lol. Did you buy the Megalith master quartz? I'm hoping this version of it ends up as op as the one from the previous game, lol. Free cp regen just from walking around on the map was so good!

• I've been playing Cold Steel these days (not as much as I wanted to since my PS3 controller is acting up), and what I heard was definitively true, this game doesn't lose an opportunity for building an interesting and realistic world, the developers really went the extra mile when designing the world.

I'm really liking it, I don't think it is extraordinary, at least until now, but it is really a very solid game.

• Brother got me Atari Flashbacks Vol. 2 on PS4 for Christmas. Odd pull but it's got some neat games on it. Oddly enough Tennis, of all games, is the one we both agree holds up more than any other. Also kinda dug that weird pseudo rubiks cube thing I forgot the name of.

• @DeweyDTruman Lol, my mom got me an Atari Flashback 5 she found at a garage sale...no idea if it even works, and have never heard of 3/4 of the games on it.

• @bard91 Probably cause you skipped 2 of the previous games, :p

• got a amazon gift card for christmas guess whos getting cold steel 2

• Trails of Cold Steel 2
    Met up with 2 more classmates, beat the 1st shrine (I assume there are more) and am on my way to Garrelia Fortress.

Superdimesnion Neptune
    Iffy doesn't like the new color of her bike.

@Minamik I bought the only Master Quarz I can buy so far, I think it starts with M but I forgot if it's Megalith.

@bard91 said in [Official] What are you playing?:

(not as much as I wanted to since my PS3 controller is acting up)

What's yours doing? Mine sometimes just presses down and R2 without me touching those buttons.

@Minamik said in [Official] What are you playing?:

@bard91 Probably cause you skipped 2 of the previous games, :p

I did too tbh, didn't/doesn't affect my enjoyment of ToCS 1&2 in the slightest though. I just wish they would release the TitS games on PSN for PS3 or 4.

• @Musou-Tensei something similar, it seems to press random buttons, mostly the circle one, which is really annoying since it keeps taking me out of menus, it is really random how it works though, I played for three straight hours in the afternoon without any problems, but I literally couldn't play in the morning

• you guys know the ps4 controller works on ps3 right?

• @FF7Cloud

alt text

obviously I didn't

• @Musou-Tensei Well, it does effect it actually, you just don't realize it, haha.

• Finnnalllyy started playing Dark Souls 3 and loving it. I've got a nice little backlog now between steam sales, xmas, and a couple I picked up. Time to get through some 2016 titles

• Playing Final Fantasy V.

It's good. If FFIV and FFVI are opera, this is operetta. The job system is good fun, but I think it has some problems despite being thorough. I've never been compelled to switch classes (except for a one-man-vs-boss sequence, in which I switched to a class, one-shot the boss, then switched back after) which is a little disappointing. Classic JRPG party structure (healer, caster, tank, wild-card) still works wonders here. It might have been nice to throw more abstract or oblong battles at the main characters so job composition would actually be something I'd have to consider in order to progress.

Characters are nicely realized I suppose; there's a lighter touch that doesn't infringe upon the drama too heavily. Square's excellence in staging and minor animation is apparent here too. I've always loved the attention to detail and mannerisms they've put into their characters. Dialogue can only go so far in a visual medium. All that said, the job system, the game's crux, weakens some of this character work. The gulf between characters in and out of battle is so great. I much prefer a character's established personality/look in the narrative to be reflected in their battle abilities.

I haven't finished it yet, but I'm pretty sure I'll follow through on this one. I feel like I'm about halfway through the game, but despite this, I don't imagine that there's going to be anything that mindblowing in the back half, as much as I'd like to be wrong.

• Just had the worst fight in all of the Cold Steel games so far against 2 Jaegers, this one really sucked ass and if something like this happens again I might consider ToCS2 worse than ToCS1 tbh. So early in the game, I didn't had such a terrible fight in ToCS1 till much later, and that still wasn't as bad since I only fought one enemy, I'm legit pissed right now.