[Official] What are you playing?

• Astral Chain. Just finished chapter 2. I had to do the last fight several times, because I had no healing items. It's nice so far, but I really hate that the protagonist is silent. Makes the cutscenes so much less convincing. None of the other Platinum Games games I've played had a silent protagonist, so why here?

• @sheria said in [Official] What are you playing?:

My PC is growing a bit old now and the graphics card doesn't output to 4k anway. At this point my PS4 Pro is simply the better option.

I dont do gaming on 4k too since its too expensive. I use 1080p. and get 60 fps above in almost every aaa game.

what graphic card you have?

• Astral Chain, I'm enjoying it but struggling to adapt to the combat. During combat I feel like it's going reasonably smooth but my ratings are terrible. What I really hate is the weird choice of the character not being voiced, which I already knew, what I really don't like is having my brother basically speaking in my behalf. Just moronic, terrible really.

• I just played through the Ori and the Blind Forest demo on Switch and immediately proceeded to pre-order the game. It's going to be the perfect palate cleanser after the meaty Fire Emblem. Can't wait for Friday night!

• @sheria

I've owned both Metro 2033 and Metro Redux and still have yet to bring myself to finish Metro 2033. On one hand, I love it, but on the other, its like the worst scripted parts of Call of Duty but in a tunnel.

Think I'm safe to just jump ahead to Metro Exodus? I think I'll like the freedom more.

• The Forgotten Avengers game
    Youtube Video

• @dipset said in [Official] What are you playing?:

@sheria

I've owned both Metro 2033 and Metro Redux and still have yet to bring myself to finish Metro 2033. On one hand, I love it, but on the other, its like the worst scripted parts of Call of Duty but in a tunnel.

Think I'm safe to just jump ahead to Metro Exodus? I think I'll like the freedom more.

Sure. Don't get me wrong, there's a LOT of story in the games for those interested, but seeing as you didn't really get into it, I see no problem jumping ahead to this one.

• I actually prefer 2033 and Last light over Exodus. due to they had far better stories and atmosphere in Metro tunnels.

but Exodus is still excellent game.

• @b-cell said in [Official] What are you playing?:

@sheria said in [Official] What are you playing?:

My PC is growing a bit old now and the graphics card doesn't output to 4k anway. At this point my PS4 Pro is simply the better option.

I dont do gaming on 4k too since its too expensive. I use 1080p. and get 60 fps above in almost every aaa game.

It's a Geforce GTX 570.

Just finished Metro: Exodus btw. A nice game, but I do prefer 2033 myself.

@b-cell said in [Official] What are you playing?:

It's a Geforce GTX 570.

570 in 2019?? I mean you dont need expensive card to run game on high. you can get some budgeted card.

I used to had 960 but i replace it with Radeon Rx 580 which is budgeted card equivalent of GTX 980 or 1060. my 960 did max out RE2 but it had problems with Metro Exodus. barely getting 30 fps.

anyways, you beat Exodus? the last mission is imo one of the best last mission I have ever played. it was so intense and atmospheric that i wish entire game would be like that.

• @b-cell said in [Official] What are you playing?:

It's a Geforce GTX 570.

570 in 2019?? I mean you dont need expensive card to run game on high. you can get some budgeted card.

Did I not say it was growing a bit old now? I upgraded to play The Witcher 2 which was probably the last time I saw a truly great game come out exclusively for PC. Next time the PC has a truly great exclusive that isn't indie and playable on my old PC, I'll upgrade.

It's a Geforce GTX 570.

Did I not say it was growing a bit old now? I upgraded to play The Witcher 2 which was probably the last time I saw a truly great game come out exclusively for PC. Next time the PC has a truly great exclusive that isn't indie and playable on my old PC, I'll upgrade.

come on sher, exclusive are not the reason you play on PC.

you played Metro Exodus on console with 30 fps locked with controller. thats not best to play with.

Doom and Doom Eternal on PC is more faster especially with increase FOV than console version.

you play PC to get best possible performance even on similar budget you buy a console since this gen console are still so expensive and they are coming to end next year.

• @b-cell

Give me some amazing AAA PC exclusives from 2016 onwards and I'll have a think.

@b-cell

Give me some amazing AAA PC exclusives from 2016 onwards and I'll have a think.

theres no console exclusive left apart from 15 games from 1st party studios like sony. even microsoft donot make xbox exclusive anymore.

In this age and day. everything come to PC unless its publish by sony or nintendo. even JRPGs now on PC too sher.

PC gaming market is bigger than ever. not just because of exclusives but because they play and perform better. and is better for longtime. next year PS5 will release and will be more expensive than average PC.

• alt text

And that's probably my last gaming purchase for this year, it should keep me busy for months.

I'm currently in Gallopolis trying to get a "perfect" in the horse racing.

• Watch psnhayterfan with me on Twitch! http://www.twitch.tv/psnhayterfan?sr=a

• @b-cell The last 2 games I finished were both exclusives and not first party. Astral Chain and Daemon x Machina.

Daemon x Machina is the goty that no one else other than me is going to pick this year. :(

• I've put a good few hours into Code Vein and it's done a good job at getting me hooked. Clearly its taken a lot from the Souls series, but they've pulled it off really well so far. The anime look and story also helps a bunch.

• Untitled Goose Game. Holy smokes, me and my gf have been laughing all the way through it. Such a joy.

• Finally decided to buy and play Titanfall 2. I am loving the campaign so far. I might get in to the multiplayer, but right now my main focus is the single player. The controls are buttery smooth and the verticallity is awesome. Definitely better than any of the COD games that came out, and a huge improvement over the first game. It's a shame the game did not sell well. Fucking EA going against itself.