[Official] What are you playing?

• I may have spent $50 on a baseball game on the Switch despite not even liking Baseball in the first place and I may be having more fun with it than anticipated.

• I started Yakuza 3 today and holy shit I'm loving it. It's like it has renewed a love for the series that I didn't even know needed to be renewed. I only just made it to Chapter 4, but so far it has been so jolly, and Okinawa is such a wonderful setting. All of the new secondary characters are really fun, and helping these kids resolve their child-like conflicts has been one of the greatest joys I've had in recent gaming.

This is also the most fun I've had with the combat in the series. I don't know if its more streamlined or perhaps more arcade-y, but man am I having a blast hitting dudes. It just feels better than it ever has, which is ironic since this is the oldest one I've played.

• Played for a while the System Shock demo. Last time I played the original was in 94/95, so I can't recall how fateful it is, but it does a great job in capturing the spirit of the original while looking modern.

• Playing Xenoblade Chronicles Definite Edition. Got to the Ether Mines. This is the third time I bought the game (Wii,3ds, and this) and am loving all the changes they made to make it easy to do sidequests. I did nearly all of them up to this point and am completely engrossed in the game. Also liking the new armors in the game and the ability to have fashion armor.

• Almost finished with Mega Man Zero from the Legacy Collection, and finally got PSO2 working on PC so might switch from Xbox to that. For some reason i haven't gone back to FF VII Remake but i should keep playing that too.

• xenoblade definitive edition
    xenosaga episode 1

• I tried Just Cause 3 and Control on PS Now but didn't enjoy either. Instead I've gone back to finally finish The Saboteur.

• As I was playing Dirt Rally 2 with just a normal controller I felt I really needed a Driving Wheel this time. Don’t know how I managed Dirt Rally (1) without. I bought one, the Logitech G29.
    Problem is I never used a Driving Wheel before and even with one, I have no reference, since I have no driving license. Setting up the Wheel with various games is not easy, there are a few hundred settings for force feed back and sometimes even dependent on the game and the car you drive. I need to rely on setup files found on the www. I have to get really used to it and for now, I cannot say my lap times are better. Dirt Rally is a difficult game anyway. But combined with a VR headset it is deeply immersive. I also played Project Cars in VR, which has a lot better performance than Dirt Rally and as soon as it was on sale I brought Project Cars 2, which looks better and Wheel setup is a bit easier or simplified. Driving alone on the Nordschleife to get used to the driving Wheel, and it is still stressing me out. Setup with Wheel and VR is occasionally a bit time consuming as well. I looked for a more relaxing experience and since it was on sale last week I brought Euro Truck Simulator and American Truck Simulator for 5€ each. First one is 8years old now but gets regular updates and DLCs, has modding support and a VR beta. … Truck Simulator might sound boring – because it is – but it’s also awesome. Bought all location DLC for 20€ … Just driving in Europe from city to city, basically just a delivery service and building up your own company. On the Radio you can listen to your own music files or have a radio station streams. Modding support also lets you drive regular cars, so you are not limited to 80kmh. Probably playing it until I have the best Trucks and seen the most routes and then dropping it. Did the same with Elite Dangerous, which I played for 200 hours.

• My MGS2 attempt was a failure. No thanks.

Playing Life is Strange 2, completely random pick unaware of how it relates with current events... Damn that opening shook me. How things went from a normal day to life collapsing before my eyes was pretty effective.

• Deliver us the moon with added vertigo

• I keep telling myself I'm gonna get back to working through Okami, but then 51 Clubhouse Games came out and I've done nothing but play Backgammon, Sevens and Klondike Solitaire for the last three days.

• Final Fantasy 2 Namingway Edition rom hack. Good times if you're inton16-bit RPGs. If I finish it, it'll be my first pre-7 final Fantasy clear.

• I just purchased Dragon Age Origins: Ultimate Edition for $10 on Steam because its on sale. I might jump in after I finish FF7:R this month.

I know @bard91 @ffff0 @Brandon_Reister @Exist-2-Inspire all talked about loving Dragon Age in our 2011 GOTY thread so I'll pose a question to any one of you. Are there any essential mods I should download before going into this? I am totally fine having never played the vanilla version, I just want a seamless experience.

Thanks!

• @dipset I only ever played the PS3 version of the game, so no idea about mods. Vanilla was fine for me but i haven't played the game since 2010 though.

• @dipset I never modded it, but last time I played it (2014) the combat felt too slow. So you may want to speed it up.

• I bought the Kingdom Hearts collection that was on sale sometime ago, never played any of these games. Starting with KH1 now, excited to see what's in store for me.

• The Hitman 3 announcement made me finally start Hitman 2, bought it weeks ago. Got through Colombia already, this one's a pretty weak level compared to Miami. I heard everything after this is great though, so I'm excited for that.

Also, there's goddamn earphones that you can use as fiber wires. I'm so down with that.

• @bam541 said in [Official] What are you playing?:

I bought the Kingdom Hearts collection that was on sale sometime ago, never played any of these games. Starting with KH1 now, excited to see what's in store for me.

So envy you...

• I'm finally playing Legend of Heroes: Zero no Kiskai
    I'm only 2 hours in yet hooked again, especially after the entrance of two certain bracers.

The translation though is very rough but I guess I can't complain.

• @sheria such a great game get ready to fall in love with the characters