[Official] What are you playing?

• Started The Talos Principle a couple days ago. I like it a lot so far, very strong Witness vibes, but very different types of puzzles. Great learning curve too.

• Yakuza 0 was $10 so I grabbed it at the recommendation of @DIPSET and @TokyoSlim . Only maybe 30 mins in but it seems pretty solid. I've been searching for some enjoyable Japanese listening practice so the Japanese voices were an unexpected bonus. Will certainly update once I've made it farther.

• @e_zed_eh_intern

Glad to hear. Chapters 1-2 are very much tutorializing you but once it gets going, there’s no telling whether you’ll spend 40 hours running a cabaret club or not.

• @sheria are you using the GeoFront translation? That one came out just recently and it is supposed to be at the level of a comercial release.

• I'm playing Sakura Wars right now, and while this admitedly is not a game for everyone, and being quite honest with the fact I ate a hash brownie like an hour ago that is kicking in, I just love how melodramatic it can be at times.

There too many ways in which this game is not impressive, and I'm astounded by how enjoyable it manages to be despite that, if you can buy in the televonela level story and presentation.

• @bard91 said in [Official] What are you playing?:

@sheria are you using the GeoFront translation? That one came out just recently and it is supposed to be at the level of a comercial release.

Nah, this is just a pre-patched PSP ISO I grabbed. It's doing its job though I guess.

• I've been playing bits of Nioh 2 here and there. I have severe Souls fatigue (quit Sekiro after only less than 5 hours because of it), but I honestly don't feel any of it when I'm playing this. I'm hopelessly in love with the Ki Pulse mechanic, and the Yokai abilities are so fun to pull off. Not to mention the gloomy vibes and monster designs are on point. I'm not that far into the game yet, and I will try to make significant progress in the next few days, until TLOU2 is playable.

• Today I finally get to play the Beware Demo. I really love this game's concept and I hope someday it gets finished.

• Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 - I finally got the PS4 version physical. It is so much fun playing this on a fight pad. I am rusty as fuck, but I don't care!

Cuz it's MARVEL BABEYH!!

I got Street Fighter V Champion Edition and will pop that in tonight. Maybe Shadow of Colossus tonight, but most likely tomorrow.

• Exo One has a demo on Steam until the 22nd. Holy smokes this is chilling. Really recommend people to give it a go.

• Hey guys, I still didn't touch any Quantic Dreams game and I have a question about one of them: Beyond - Two Souls.

Should I play as the original, unchronological or revised version chronological? On one hand I want to experience it as intended at the beginning, on the other hand I heard from lot of people that chronological version is much better than the original order. What do you think?

• I've been biding my time until Last of Us unlocks this evening, then I'm going in on that. I took a break on the Mega Man series to play some other familiar stuff. Started Full Throttle Remastered, but a couple hours in, it hard crashed on me three times. So I moved to Day of the Tentacle Remastered and that's been a nice light adventure game companion (especially because I've played it so many times)

My girlfriend and I have been doing a round or two of a game called Letter Quest that I got on PS+ a couple years back. It reminds me of a sort of Boggle mini RPG, where you're a little grim reaper dude or gal and you fight Halloween monsters with letters you spell on a board at the bottom. It's not incredibly deep, but it's very fun to play with someone in between working and other stuff around inside.

• Playing West of Dead. Probably won't finish it I think. First because TLoU2 should arrive today, second because once you die the game takes you to the beginning of the first level. Restarting the whole level I'm fine with, but getting to level 3 and restarting the whole thing not so much. I might play it a bit more because I enjoyed the vibe and gameplay.

• Deseprados 3. excellent game. commandos in wild west.

• Troubleshooter

This one had caught my eye some time ago, and the descriptions of a game being XCOM x Persona sounded like something I would like.

Put very little time into it today, but at the very least I have to say this game does a great job introducing itself and I just love the style of the intro sequence, brilliant design.

• Street Fighter V: Champion Edition - Despite all the trouble and rushed production of the original iteration, it's nice having the complete package as predicted. So I don't have to buy any season passes. There is a code you have to download to unlock other characters, but it still comes with the game if bought new. The Capcom Cup stages are locked behind a paywall, $9 each. Fucking stupid. Gameplay wise, it's fun. I don't know what it is, but have an easier time pulling off moves and combos than I did in SFIV. What probably helps is that I use a fight pad, and use short cut keys for certain button commands. I've been dipping and dabbling in arcade and training mode mainly. I am nowhere near close to online ranking matches yet. The main story mode I saw when Max played it on his stream in 2016, so I have little interests outside of getting an achievement. The personal story modes I will try since they are so short, easy, and can be done in 20-30 minutes. The MK/Injustice games still do single player story the best, followed by Tekken 7. Every other fighting games does a mediocre to terrible job. Another thing I noticed with the gameplay is that SFV takes a lot from Killer Instinct (2013). The V-Triggers are the Instinct Meter (right up to healing you with some health regeneration), but still feels like a Street Fighter game.

Speaking of which, I got all of the Street Fighter games on one console now and have a folder specifically for them.

• @brawlman Sadly (money wise,at least) there are 5 more dlc characters coming this season. I don't think they're included with Champion Edition unfortunately. As for the combos, there are no 1-frame links in SFV and there were tonnes in 4. I think the tightest link in 5 might be 3 frames. Is that maybe it?

• @e_zed_eh_intern 5 more? I did not know. Thanks for the heads up.

• So I've been playing Spongebob Battle for Bikini Bottom: Rehydrated and

0_1592972720614_Screenshot_20200623-212145.jpg

Look, let me preface this by saying that if you don't have the original game and the system it was on, then I think you should buy it and have a great time. That said, I think this is the worst way to play it. As far as remakes go, they accidentally made the game worse than it was originally.

Yes, they made the game prettier, but that is all they did, and in doing so lost many of the important visual cues of the original. There have been a number of times where I have accidentally gone out of bounds because the game has not indicated that it is out of bounds. It's too pretty and vibrant, and so the actual game design suffers.

The game itself is also a bit more zoomed out than the original was, which is fine in theory, but they did not adjust the game at all to fit that. I have seen things I was not supposed to see (and died because of it) because they did not rework the game to fit the new camera angle.

Physically the characters have lost much their weight too, so platforming has lost some of its luster. Some of my favorite animations are completely gone as well, such as the sway of the jellyfish after you hit it. Unfortunately it feels like a shadow of itself, which is a shame because it had a lot of potential. It almost feels like they wanted it to be a full Crash-like remake, but didn't have the time or money and gave up halfway. I would have taken an HD port over what we got.

• Ring Fit Adventure
    Why the hell does a 10 minute session have me sweating more then 10 hours in a hot semi truck? Like shit thought I was in ok shape but I guess not