[Official] What are you playing?

• I'm replaying Final Fantasy IV for the first time in around a decade (first time in Japanese!) and... was it always this hard? I've gotten wiped several times already and I'm only at Tower of Zot.

• No Straight Roads
    Don't sleep on this, just don't.

It's like if Double Fine actually made a sequel to both Psychonauts and Brutal Legend as a single game

• @dmcmaster good to hear positive impressions, since the criticial reception is not the best ever, but I'll wait until it is slightly discounted, $40 is a bit high for me for what this looks like.

• @bard91
    I'll be honest there's something about it that's just clicking with me, has been since it was revealed idk how long ago. It just has this energy and style to it that I can't really recall anything else having.

Like you fight a virtual pop idol who essentially has nerdy power rangers in her head only to hop into a rap battle right after.

That said I can see how it's not for everyone, especially since alot of the combat is dependent on you reacting to the actual music.

• I bought Abzu and played it for a grand total of fifteen minutes before I regretted my purchase. It's a pretty game and all but if I wanted to stare at pretty scenery of the ocean while doing not a whole lot of anything else I'd have just watched a video. I think the screenshots I saw just reminded me of Journey (think I read somewhere the art designer of it worked on this too) and forgot that the main reason I liked that game was the stories that were born from its multiplayer aspect.

After deleting that, I bought One Step From Eden and I haven't really played that a whole lot either yet but I dig it so far. Feels like some weird mashup of Chain of Memories and Megaman Battle Network.

• Tried out Street Fighter V again since it's one of the free PS+ games. It's definitely way more complete and polished compared to back when I played it first near it's launch.

I also started Shenmue III. It's like they finished a sequel only a few years after the second game, but didn't release it until 2019... and I love it! I'm happy to see that Shenmue's trademark attention to details are still present. Also, the turtle race is as fun as Huber made it out to be.

• Hypnospace Outlaw is on Gamepass, been wanting to play it since it came out last year, sadly had to give up because it gives me "motion" sickness. Which it's weird since the game simulates a 1999 PC, with similar interface. So "motion" might not be the right word but I do get nauseated. 🙁

• Tried out Destiny 2 for the first time. I have played the first game before, so it was pretty fun seeing all the changes and such. I already replayed the same strike 3 times in a row and having a blast... Some things never change.

• After being tempted so many times before, I finally picked up NFS Rivals for like 4 US dollars. I'm at least one hour in and it's pretty great so far. Currently playing as a racer, and it's pretty intense. I really like that cops can bust in at anytime, even when you're in an event. It really keeps me on my toes, and they are so hard to escape from. I also like that the economy is closely tied to it (getting busted makes you lose all the money you earned, you need to store it to a hideout to save it), there's so much stakes here. I already lost like 200K money because I was chased for like 10 minutes, I just can't shake em'! I don't really want to play as the cops, but man it seems like they have a much more comfortable experience here, lol. Also, the game's graphics holds up decently, which is nice.

• About half an hour of RE3 Remake:

I know it's early days but Jesus Christ, what a dull on the rails experience this has been.

• Valkyria Chronicles II

I played VC Remastered in 2016 and bought VCII on PSP a few months later, but haven't gotten around to it till now.
    It's pretty fun so far and I like the changes made and the whole school dynamic. A bit Persona-esque. I hope it does go to more places than what it's setting up right now though.

Game aside, the PSP reading the disc is so fucking loud.

• I'm playing Wasteland 3. What an incredible RPG! Sadly is buggy and at times its visuals are a bit messy. But it is so good!

• I mentioned elsewhere I was making a video on Samurai Jack and I did, however I ran into a issue after recording my VO, and only just now basically said "fuck it" and just posting what I had as a sort of test on my horrible public speaking voice
    Youtube Video

• @dmcmaster "but thankfully you can repair them from the samurai when you find him at the various stages a-... sigh"

Seriously though, cool video! I actually don't mind your voice too.

• @demonpirate
    It's Da Samurai.

And thanks, although to me I have that "Oral report from 4th grade " sound as I speak.

• @dmcmaster I agree that NSR has great audio and visuals but the gameplay is so bland and frustrating. I don't know what it's like in co-op but in single-player it can be very unfairly difficult.

• Been playing lots of games because I can't seem to stick to anything. Ary And The Secret of Seasons was ok but the technical problems are blatant and really does its best to bring down some of the charisma the game does its best to conceal. No Straight Roads is an audio/visual feast that sullies itself because the gameplay is so uneventful and bland. Avengers was pretty nice at the beginning but it's beginning to become a gigantic robot-bashing bonanza. Tony Hawks Pro Skater 1+2 Remake is brilliant and addictive, it's such a positive success 5 years after the dreadful THPS5 left a bad taste in the mouths of the franchise faithful. Played a bit of Death Stranding and although I can tolerate the beautiful music, environments and deliveries-the menu-cycling is dull as heck. Still playing Huntdown and am savoring every second. Tell Me Why is proving to be another delicious helping of storytelling from Dontnod, even though I'm getting tired of the dialogue, attempts at humour and the general idea that Tell Me Why wouldn't need to exist if the protagonists didn't delve into their pasts so much.

• This post is deleted!

• Among Us is kind of an addiction now

• Been playing Code vein there are some problems with the game difficulty is really low or am i just used to these type of games. world design while has its moment sometimes is really boring. the battle system while has lots of options ive never seen anything live long enough to have to use them. most of my deaths have been from falling or enemies with unfair placements. and the biggest flaw is the fan service i appreciate a good set of tiddies but theirs a time and place.

Some good points the battle system is nice and the variety of weapon types is nice and melee weapons with ranged secondaries is something the souls series needs to do more of. the setting is cool i like the whole vampire theme and the gothic neo victorian mixed with the post apoplectic. the character designs do nothing for me and the character models do nothing for me just generic anime people who all look the same.