[Official] What are you playing?

• Played Olija for a bit. Aside from one stuck loading screen glitch, it's been pretty neat so far. Apparently it's pretty short, so I'll save my thoughts for later... but not before sharing this beautiful scene.

• @bam541

I didn't get it.

• I’m playing Bravely Default 2. I haven’t played the previous entries. Loving it so far

• ALERT! ALERT!

I've mentioned Eternal Cylinder several times as a potentially interesting release, finally played the beta and PLEASE DO TRY IT!!!

You can join the beta here https://www.eternalcylinder.com/ and you hate to download the game at the EGS. It will come to consoles too.

Loving the world, creature design and sound.

• I've been playing Frostpunk, don't think I'll finish it but it's a great game. I just keep failing catastrophically and starting from scratch. I've seen several people saying they have hundreds of hours of Frostpunk and I get it now.

• @phbz

I had to stop it after a few failed attempts. I love the game but my citizens suddenly staging a mutiny after a few sudden mins just irks me. I gotta save scum that game. I wanna finish it one day.

Been playing Spider-Man Remastered on PS5. I have so many grievances with this game. The storytelling is jarring as all hell, the writing is really generic and predictable, the combat allows these unnecessary lulls because the controls sometimes have a mind of their own, the enemies are samey. I have a lot more problems with the game too.

But I kinda just shut my brain off and accept it for what it is and I’m ultimately having fun. For somebody who mostly doesn’t like open world games, I’ve been grinding everything out to get more XP to make the combat more bearable. Kinda like getting OP in an JRPG, it’s just sometimes nice to be powerful and shut your brain off.

It says I’m 60% through the Main Story which is shocking to me because I feel like I’ve barely played it. I just finished the mission where Octavious rehires me to research the robotic arms after getting funding pulled from Oscorp.

I feel like if I can manage to enjoy this, with its flaws and horrible side activities, I will love the shit out of Ghost of Tsushima.

• @dipset I died again and restarted but this time I moved the difficulty slider on the population stuff to easy. It's more enjoyable now since the game is very nebulous. There's still enough pushback from everything else but people are less crazy.

• I'm playing first Crash Bandicoot game in the remake collection but couldn't figure out how the apple collecting works.

Even though it shows I have a lot of apples, at the end of the stage I don't have enough to get a diamond. I replay levels but still couldn't change the amount of apples. Really annoying.

Edit: Okay, I guess it's about boxes and not about apples. But how the hell am I going to break all the boxes with TNTs lying around them!? 😑

• @scotty said in [Official] What are you playing?:

I'm playing first Crash Bandicoot game in the remake collection but couldn't figure out how the apple collecting works.

1. it's WUMPA fruit. not apples. get it right.
    2. it's literally the same as mario coins. get 100 of them, get an extra life. that's it.

• @scotty said in [Official] What are you playing?:

But how the hell am I going to break all the boxes with TNTs lying around them!?

think outside the box.

• @yoshi said in [Official] What are you playing?:

it's WUMPA fruit. not apples. get it right.

Ahahaha! Sorry.

@yoshi said in [Official] What are you playing?:

it's literally the same as mario coins. get 100 of them, get an extra life. that's it.

That makes sense, thanks.

• besides they look more like mangos than apples anyway

• @yoshi

Okay, I take back my apologize.

• Playing Prey.

I was waiting on a possible remaster for a replay since, although it's one of my favourite games this past gen, it had several technical issues. Not 100% sure if I'll beat it again but the improvements on the Series X are phenomenal and damn this is such a superb game!

• Still going on in first Crash from the remake collection.

This game is really getting on my nerves. Clunky controls with terrible camera angles and don't forget the checkpoint system where you have to go all the way back if you spend your lifes which is highly possible. Really can't understand what is all the buzz about this annoyingly hard, bland game.

• @scotty Since the 90s, that's one of my personal great gaming mysteries.

• @phbz

Glad I'm not alone.

• @scotty Those Crash games are some of the most frustrating games I have ever played, but god damn I still had a lot of fun playing them. I legitimately don't know how they do it.

• Played a bit of Mirror's Edge Catalyst and I'm enjoying it. It had a good start, and exploring the open world is a bit more fun than I expected. I feared that the story would be annoying, but it's fine so far. I don't plan to do too much of the side stuff so I might be able to finish this in a couple days.

• After just recently polishing off Spider-Man Remastered and its three dlc expansions, I've dipped my toe back into Maneater and am swimming with sharks. I've been busy giving a whole new meaning to jumping the shark that I've got to stop with these awful puns. Anyway I thought Maneater was pretty cool when I first played upon its release last year-but now I've gone back to it on PS5 I'm noticing the cracks. Objectives where you have munch on so many humans and fish get repetitive and collecting stuff doesn't add much value to the game, there's no real focus to what you're doing except making the shark more powerful so it can evolve. The novelty wears rather thin and it's such a shame because playing as a shark does feel ferocious and empowering, the game is also quite a breath of fresh air as far as ideas are concerned-just the execution is tepid-so it's a 6/10.