[Official] What are you playing?

• @sheria It always confuses me when multi billion dollar companies can't match emulators done by the community when on top of all the know how and internal technical documentation they just have to make it run on a specific target hardware.

• Started a bunch of games recently, here's all the games that I didn't abandon right away.

1. Enslaved: Odyssey to the West. I don't know why I took me so long to play this, got through the first 2 chapters and everything I played so far speaks to me so much.
    2. Crash Bandicoot 4. I can't believe how smooth and precise the controls are. The level design is still as infuriating as ever tho, lol.
    3. I Am Dead. I'm surprised by how well written and voice acted the dialogues are in this game. Also the vibes are chill af. Probably the coolest and most developed hidden objects game I ever played.

• @Shoulderguy I was looking at your GG App lists and saw you "Abandoned" Total War Warhammer III. I was thinking about playing that as my next big game after I get through some smaller ones. Any reason you dropped it? I haven't played any Total War games before, but I thought the art style of Warhammer III looked good.

• Started up God of War: Ghost of Sparta and a Pokemon Rom Hack, Pokemon Gaia recently! Those have been the main two focuses! Over the weekend I did play some Banjo Kazooie, Jak X: Combat Racing, and unpaused Jak II. Who knows if I'll actually consistently play those at this very moment. But we shall see! Banjo is on my Backlog Goals for the year so I better consistently play it.

God of War Series Platinum Playthrough is going well! Finished God of War over the weekend which just leaves Ghost of Sparta, 2, and 3 for me to Platinum. So I am slowly going through the series! Think I wanna commemorate by 3D Printing a Platinum trophy and maybe just make a fake plaque with God of War on it lol.

• @dipset said in [Official] What are you playing?:

@Shoulderguy I was looking at your GG App lists and saw you "Abandoned" Total War Warhammer III. I was thinking about playing that as my next big game after I get through some smaller ones. Any reason you dropped it? I haven't played any Total War games before, but I thought the art style of Warhammer III looked good.

I played about 10 hours of Total War Warhammer III on Game Pass. The problem is my PC is not good enough to run the game. I can only play the overworld turn-based part of the game but I have to auto simulate all the real-time battles. Which sucks because I really enjoy the battles in Total War. Also February was a busy time for new releases so I moved on to other games but I'm not sure yet if I'll pick it back up.

Auto simulate is an option in all the Total War games, before you start a battle, it shows you the size of both army's and the balance of power. So some times you know it's an easy win and auto simulate is a quicker option. In my experience, the results are always better when you fight the battles. But you can use auto simulate for the entire game if you want to play it that way.

• @shoulderguy

Ahh gotcha. So it's still a solid game, but you'll come back to it later when your hardware is better.

Is it approachable to newbies? Auto-battles sound nice but I think I'd prefer to get into the battles myself. Something about these strategy / RTS style games intimidate me but Warhammer III does look awesome.

• It took me over an hour to get the Can't Cat-ch Me trophy in Stray, but finally it clicked. Now that it's over the game can actually begin (it's in Chapter 2). The world seems really quiet and calm in this, it's beautiful in its own way. Being a cat is a really welcome change of pace for a protagonist.

• Playing Stray and it's mediocre for now. I should be more careful about my expectations towards beatiful looking indies.

• @scotty My sentiments are similar but I do still find a handful of nice things in Stray too.

• LIVE A LIVE
    Critics have been giving high praise to this RPG that's apparently a remake of a game that came out back in 1994. I've given the demo a spin and I dig the grid-based battle system even though I don't like grid-based battle systems. From what I can glean it's quite a pleasant and kickass little game. I like that you can play as various powerful characters with their own stories too. The full game isn't expensive either-over here in the UK it's £39.99, whatever that equates to in the US I don't know, but I think it looks like it could be very well worth the money.

• Stuff I played recently:

• Bomber Crew. It's about managing a crew on a bomber plane in WW2, has cutesy low poly graphics. Was fun for the first 2 hours, things got a bit too clunky and jank after that.
    • GTA IV. A replay! Playing this on PS3 currently, man the framerate must have been like 25 FPS average lol. Loving it tho, I always appreciated how different IV feels compared to every other GTA game.
    • AVICII Invector. A pretty cool rhythm game featuring the late artist's best tracks. As someone who's not too familiar with his music, I'm digging this. The gameplay is pretty interesting, not just about pushing the right button at the right time but also the right place.
    • I Am Dead. Might be my favorite Annapurna game. Absolutely adore the whimsical vibes, the writing, the voice acting here. Not finished yet tho, so things could change.

Also played Stray but for some reason I don't really want to get back to it yet. I love the first hour of the game tho, such a fantastic opening for a game like this.

• On PC:
    S.T.A.L.K.E.R Call of Prypiat (I'm replaying it over and over again) I'm huge fun of it!
    Warcraft III Frozen Throne (I'm a big fan of it from my childhood and I like to play it sometimes to feel nostalgic)
    Diablo II (nostalgic vibes again)
    Also I'm a fan of old Shrek and Harry Potter games
    Resident Evil Village
    Terraria
    Mobile:
    Collection of Rusty Lake (all of them)
    Isoland
    Dad's Monster House (from the Isoland developers)
    Fran Bow (all chapters)
    Tiny Thief (logic game but really funny)
    These are really awesome!
    Browser:
    Portal (flash)
    Sometimes Zuma (when I'm extra bored)
    Chess (extra sometimes but I like to play with people not with bots)
    Sudoku (the only modern sudoku I found to play)

• Two Point Campus

A fission of hesitance washed over my mind before starting Two Point Campus. I had played Two Point hospital, and while I really enjoyed its sense of humor I found it quite intimidating, the sense of urgency not helping at all-because you're creating these hospitals to save lives, and I felt like I needed to be on my A game in order to make the best hospital with the best facilities that I could. I ended up not playing too much of it and drifting off when I thought I was going to get stuck.

Now that I've been playing Two Point Campus since it came to Game Pass on Tuesday, and I have to say I am loving it. It's much easier, breezier and more enjoyable to play. Building campuses and managing funds is very straightforward-something that usually puts me off management-type games. Keeping track of the students' progress, hiring and firing staff and generally overseeing the development of your educational institution is just a welcoming and quirky experience. The levels always bring in new elements to keep the game from growing stale too which is awesome.

Seriously if management games scare you off or disinterest you then I think Two Point Campus is the antidote you're looking for...no wait that's Two Point Hospital, ok it's the scholarship you've been looking for-is that better? Anyway it's very good.

• Returnal. Late to the party on this one but I guess thats excusable when the party of people that can track down a PS5 is so exclusive. What an incredible game. When the allies gave it GOTY last year I was sortof on the outside looking in and thinking "really?" but everything about this game, from the atmosphere to the tight controls and boss designs is just on point. Currently banging my head, hard, against the 5th biome which is just beginning to feel masochistic but I just know that the right combination of random drops and a little bit of luck will come together at some point to get me through it.

• Haha, case in point, I just had a great run and beat the biome. So good.

• ....and in fact went on to beat the game on the same run lol.