Just something to remember...

• I just whitelisted EasyAllies.com, their Youtube and their Twitch channels on my ad blocker. Please consider doing the same.

• I used to use adblocker, then I wanted to whitelist every website I went to. Simple uninstall was easier.

• It's probably better to just straight up not use adblocker. So many websites rely on ad revenue to produce free content, and it's really shitty to use adblocker so that you can use their service without giving them anything back.

• @TheOhrenberger Many of the websites I use have those website takeover ads where they autoplay videos, ask for your email, ect, so I use it primary for those. I don't use it on Youtube, eBay or Autotrader which are the only websites I really use. Everything else is app-based for me these days lol

• Seeing as most of my internet time is spent on my phone I can't block Ad's anyway.

I don't understand the distain with adblock though, like no one likes seeing the same ad on 8 different YouTube videos fuck that shit.

• Yup I've been doing that since Michael Pachter ranted about it in Pach Attack. Made me feel kinda bad at the time for adblocking sites I love and want to support. Glad he made me see the error in my ways.

• admin

I guess I'm not supposed to say this, but I always use ad blocker everywhere. I pay for sites I can pay for like youtube, eza, and siftd. I would much rather a subscription or donation based internet than be bombarded with bullshit ads. A lot of sites now offer some sort of "pro" plan you can pay for which removes ads that they advertise in their ad slots, so I sign up for those. I think ads are only going to get more and more devalued over time, and I want to support alternate systems.

• @UltimateBrent said in Just something to remember...:

I guess I'm not supposed to say this, but I always use ad blocker everywhere. I pay for sites I can pay for like youtube, eza, and siftd. I would much rather a subscription or donation based internet than be bombarded with bullshit ads. A lot of sites now offer some sort of "pro" plan you can pay for which removes ads that they advertise in their ad slots, so I sign up for those. I think ads are only going to get more and more devalued over time, and I want to support alternate systems.

Yup, my thoughts exactly.

I ad block everywhere and just pay subscriptions to the sites I care about (atm just here, Giant Bomb and some hardware sites). Very few sites are in that middle ground for me where I disable ad block but don't pay sub fees.

• admin

@KingofDMC said in Just something to remember...:

Seeing as most of my internet time is spent on my phone I can't block Ad's anyway.

I don't understand the distain with adblock though, like no one likes seeing the same ad on 8 different YouTube videos fuck that shit.

If you have an iPhone, Safari has a built-in ad blocker.

• @TheOhrenberger o hey great to see you made the switch too!

• @UltimateBrent apple? Dear God no lol, although I wish chrome on Android did that lol.

• @KingofDMC Firefox on Android allows extetions and add-ons, one of which is AdBlock Plus

• I have a data cap on my home connection, so I always use an adblocker. Many sites load your data caps up, and most viruses I've gotten are from flash ads and other crap. Since starting adblocker, I can't even remember the last time my virus scanner detected anything.

No disrespect meant to any websites that survive off of Ads, I do think EZA has benefited immensely from not having to rely on that income.