Just something to remember...

• @TheOhrenberger Many of the websites I use have those website takeover ads where they autoplay videos, ask for your email, ect, so I use it primary for those. I don't use it on Youtube, eBay or Autotrader which are the only websites I really use. Everything else is app-based for me these days lol

• Seeing as most of my internet time is spent on my phone I can't block Ad's anyway.

I don't understand the distain with adblock though, like no one likes seeing the same ad on 8 different YouTube videos fuck that shit.

• Yup I've been doing that since Michael Pachter ranted about it in Pach Attack. Made me feel kinda bad at the time for adblocking sites I love and want to support. Glad he made me see the error in my ways.

• admin

I guess I'm not supposed to say this, but I always use ad blocker everywhere. I pay for sites I can pay for like youtube, eza, and siftd. I would much rather a subscription or donation based internet than be bombarded with bullshit ads. A lot of sites now offer some sort of "pro" plan you can pay for which removes ads that they advertise in their ad slots, so I sign up for those. I think ads are only going to get more and more devalued over time, and I want to support alternate systems.

• @UltimateBrent said in Just something to remember...:

I guess I'm not supposed to say this, but I always use ad blocker everywhere. I pay for sites I can pay for like youtube, eza, and siftd. I would much rather a subscription or donation based internet than be bombarded with bullshit ads. A lot of sites now offer some sort of "pro" plan you can pay for which removes ads that they advertise in their ad slots, so I sign up for those. I think ads are only going to get more and more devalued over time, and I want to support alternate systems.

Yup, my thoughts exactly.

I ad block everywhere and just pay subscriptions to the sites I care about (atm just here, Giant Bomb and some hardware sites). Very few sites are in that middle ground for me where I disable ad block but don't pay sub fees.

• admin

@KingofDMC said in Just something to remember...:

Seeing as most of my internet time is spent on my phone I can't block Ad's anyway.

I don't understand the distain with adblock though, like no one likes seeing the same ad on 8 different YouTube videos fuck that shit.

If you have an iPhone, Safari has a built-in ad blocker.

• @TheOhrenberger o hey great to see you made the switch too!

• @UltimateBrent apple? Dear God no lol, although I wish chrome on Android did that lol.

• @KingofDMC Firefox on Android allows extetions and add-ons, one of which is AdBlock Plus

• I have a data cap on my home connection, so I always use an adblocker. Many sites load your data caps up, and most viruses I've gotten are from flash ads and other crap. Since starting adblocker, I can't even remember the last time my virus scanner detected anything.

No disrespect meant to any websites that survive off of Ads, I do think EZA has benefited immensely from not having to rely on that income.