What happens when THE perfect game gets created?

• The perfect game would kill you. I'm not saying that to be an edgelord, I think that would actually have to be its final function. The human mind is wired to always want more - something can only stay "perfect" for so long before we start to find flaws in it. So it'd have to monitor dopamine levels and once you've hit your peak - BAM! The big black void of death. There's actually an X-Files episode with a similar premise - this creature (I guess?) is going around sleeping with people. It gives them the best sex of their life but they die right afterwards. Having too much of a good thing can be possible I suppose.

• The Witcher 3 came out in 2015, so it's already out.

• We'd complain that it could be better, it isn't worth full price, there was a downgrade and we'll go back and scrutinise every interview the developer gave.

• Global Moderator

@tokeeffe9 But then if its perfect.. shouldnt that mean that there are no downgrades? ;)

• Oooh, oooh, I got one: Monster Hunter is still better. Nonetheless, people pretend that Monster Hunter doesn't exist and keep playing this Soulless atrocity, purporting its inadequacies as perverse strengths. Eventually all the people who don't utilize the colloquialism "Crapcom" just blast off into space, found a moon colony, and use its core to fire a giant laser to eradicate all life on earth.
    The End.

• 3D Dot Game Heroes already exist.

• Youtube Video

Matthewmatosis makes a pretty good case for why Tetris might be the perfect game. Of course, he talks about the more systematic definition of perfect.

If however, there was a game released that was perfect in a subjective way, meaning everyone would love it and play it all the time. Then I guess.. the modern world would stop and we would all die of hunger.
    No, but realistically you could say that for example Zelda OOT or Mario 64 was the perfect 3D games for a while. So another one of those would cause every developer too make more games similar to that new perfect game, i guess.

• It's already been made, twice in fact. Beyond Good & Evil and Bayonetta 2.

• metroid prime trilogy exists

• @Lotias t. It's hard to imagine because there Is such a wide variety of games. To me transister is perfect. I can't think of any flaws, there was nothing wrong for me. But you could always improve it, make it longer. Add cinematics. If that makes it not perfect then it's impossible, you could always improve everything.... so Parapa the rapper 2 is the perfect game

• Maybe we already are playing that game. The game called Life. It encompasses all genres, and has the highest highs and the lowest lows that we could ever fathom.