Now that the press conferences are over and the hype has died down let's discuss our thought on the games that were shown.
burnstar last edited by burnstar
Just including the games that were shown at the conferences.
Very Interested - I'll get these
- Mass Effect Andromeda - I love Mass Effect, but it's disappointing how little was shown.
- Skyrim Special Edition - somehow I never played this, so now is the time
- Final Fantas XV - I have reservations but it still seems like a must buy for me
- We Happy Few - I'm not sure what this game really is but hype levels are high
- South Park the Fractured But Whole - Hilarious highlight of the Ubi conference
- God of War - Looked fantastic. I liked seeing a different side of Kratos, a different setting, and the sort of Dark Souls-esque over the shoulder perspective.
- The Last Guardian - LOVE Ico and Shadow of the Colossus so I'll be getting this
- Horizon Zero Dawn - Looks spectacular and potentially a new major Sony IP
- Days Gone - Looked really impressive technically and I assume there's a lot more to the game than the constant horde of zombies.
- Death Stranding - I'm back!!!
- Zelda - looks like it
probablyhopefully will live up to the massive hype
Interested - If these review well and/or get hype from the Allies and friends I'll probably pick them up... eventually (too many games)
- Dishonored 2 - own the first one but haven't got to it yet
- Prey - hard to tell what this will be like
- Gears of War 4 - I never got into these games but wouldn't mind going back and playing them
- Dead Rising 4 - Ditto
- Scalebound - I was hyped for this but it didn't show very well.
- Ghost Recon Wildlands - EZA didn't dig this and it didn't show well but I think it has potential
- For Honor - Looks cool but the vikings vs. samurai thing is so cheesy yet seems to take itself seriously? I'll wait and see.
- Detroit: Become Human - I'm not sure if this is my kind of game but it was presented really well so I'm willing to give it a chance.
- Spiderman - I think there's a 80% chance this will be amazing and 20% chance it will have some big problems. I haven't seen a great spiderman game in a long time so I have trust issues. Insomniac should be good though.
The rest are either not for me, or could be good but didn't show well, or I didn't remember them.
edited to add We Happy Few
Guest last edited by
@MonsTruz Not yet, I've been playing it in short bursts.
I got the bolt cutter and the tape in the closet. Now I'm back to roaming around the house.
It's so creepy and I love it.
Lunis last edited by
@Hoken Punlishers must love you. All those preorders.
Weeeeeell it should be noted I preorder around the time of release. No reason to pay now for a game with no release date but those preloads are godly when the game is rolling out.
Here are just a bunch of games I thought looked really cool or that I can remember most:
Day's Gone - I actually thought this looked pretty cool. Seeing all those zombies pile on top of eachother seemed geniunely crazy. Interested to see more.
Prey - I just really liked the tone the trailer set. It kind of reminded me of SOMA and I love SOMA (Huber, get on that game when you've time!)
Battlefield 1 - It just looks incredible. I spent a lot more time with BF3 than 4 but I'm still a fan of the series and I definitely like seeing them going to WW1.
We Happy Few - This looked awesome a year ago and it still looks awesome now. It has that Bioshock/Dishonored aesthetic/atmosphere that I dig so I'm all in. Just need a PC now.
Steep - Oh my god, yes! Maybe it was Jones who reminded me but I've been craving an SSX 3 style game and this is scratching that itch. I think it looks really good.
God Of War - That Live Orchestra and TLOU vibes was enough for me.
Zelda - Looks fantastic. All the gameplay we saw looks great, everything the allies said sounds great and the director of Skyward Sword which I really liked! I really hope the NX is good.
The Last Guardian - Okay, I'm just hyped for this one anyway. SOTC is one of my favourite games of all time and I've waited so long. I actually think they showed too much in that trailer but god damn did it look great anyway