But then what's stopping you from making a completely different level when editing it, meaning if you keep the stats/likes from the original they become irrelevant since they applied to something else entirely. I'd like to do little tweaks to my levels too but it's understandable why it was left out since it could lead to all sorts of abuse.
I'm Axel, level/quest designer at Ubisoft, currently working on Assassin's Creed Origins.
I started my career at Larian Studios and worked on games like Divinity: Original Sin. My main focus is to create memorable stories and characters. #context
I'm a big Nintendo fan desperate for a new Metroid. My other favorite Nintendo series are Donkey Kong Country, Fire Emblem, Pokemon and The Legend of Zelda.
Overall, I'm into a lot of different genres, but particularly action/adventure, RPG, and platforming. And FIFA!
I currently own a Wii U, 3DS and PlayStation 4.
Let's be friends!
Posts made by Axel
RE: Super Mario Maker 2
RE: What is or has been your favourite gaming system?
First of all, cool thread!
So here's what I owned over the years: NES, SNES, Game Boy Color, GBA, PS1, Xbox, GameCube, Xbox 360, DS, 3DS, Wii U, PS4, Switch.
My top 5 would be: SNES, PS1, Xbox 360, 3DS, Switch.
- SNES: The generational leap from the NES was mind-blowing back then, and it's the first console I remember actively anticipating. It has some of my favorite games ever, Super Metroid, Mega Man X, Secret of Mana, A Link to the Past, Super Mario Kart... I didn't even play Final Fantasy VI and Chrono Trigger until years later, and they became some of my favorites too, so it's not just childhood nostalgia talking.
- PS1: Maybe the one that felt the most futuristic. It had CDs, you could listen to music on it! And 3D games! So many awesome new IPs were born (or strongly evolved) on this console, Crash Bandicoot, Final Fantasy VII, Tomb Raider, Metal Gear Solid, Resident Evil, Soul Blade, Tekken, Ace Combat... I'm probably forgetting a ton. I even played Diablo and Command & Conquer on this thing!
- Xbox 360: Probably the console I owned the most game for in total, and the one I actively played for the longest time. It brought a lot of shiny new things to console gaming, or finally made them widely accessible: that slick "blades" interface, achievements, online, profiles, friends lists, HD, Xbox Live Arcade... And the games, so many games. Halo, Gears of War, Dead Space, Oblivion, Batman Arkham, Mass Effect, etc.
- 3DS: It's hard to dissociate the DS and 3DS, but I was inexplicably hyped for the 3DS, got it day one, got my Ambassador bunch of free games to compensate. The 3D effect really worked for me, I still use it to this day on almost every game. I played a lot of Fire Emblem on this little thing, some great Zeldas, Marios, and all the classics. Played a lot of Virtual Console games too. Discovered Phoenix Wright. Definitely my favorite, and most played, dedicated portable.
- Switch: Shot straight to my heart, what a perfect concept, having my home console always with me, allowing me to sneak half an hour of gaming here and there. And already some of my favorite games of all time, with Breath of the Wild, Mario Odyssey, Octopath Traveler, all those indies finding a perfect home. Easily the console I'm the most "attached" to, but still too young to claim the top most. It if keeps up that pace for another 3-4 years, it will probably become my number one.
I'd say the Xbox 360 wins in the end, with the SNES and PS1 close behind.
RE: WWE - Who is hyped!?
I was hoping that on the heels of his good match at Extreme Rules, Taker would be added to the title picture. Imagine a Fatal-4-Way for the title at SummerSlam between Lesnar, Rollins, Reigns and Taker, the 3 guys with the most history with Lesnar, to settle it once and for all, that would be fun!
Now I just hope Rolling regains the title because I don't want another year of champ Lesnar showing up once every 3 months.
Overall, I still hate the fact that the two rosters are leaking into each other, it's become super confusing, but it looks like with the current Shane/Owens storyline on SD they might end up dialing it down. I'm not getting my hopes up though.
RE: Nintendo Switch Lite
@dipset Maybe there's different ways it can happen, but I know for a lot of people it came from that and was fixed by using the electric contact cleaner.
I think another common issue was specifically with the left Joy-Con not connecting / signal being blocked when sitting too far from the Switch, so that might be what you had.
RE: Nintendo Switch Lite
As far as I know, the drifting issues seem to come mostly from dust accumulating under the sticks. I had it on both my original Joy-Con to the point where all games were unplayable and the menus were constantly scrolling on their own.
The issue can most efficiently be solved using this bad boy: https://www.wd40specialist.com/products/contact-cleaner/
Used that once and it solved the issue entirely.
RE: The Dark Pictures Anthology: Man of Medan
Very cool, local co-op / swapping characters is pretty much how I played Until Dawn and planned to play this one, so that's perfect. Those features will also help the game in terms of Twitch streaming.
Very excited for this one!