I survived hurricane Irma.
That's my news update
Best posts made by DMCMaster
RE: Ubisoft E3 2017 Discussion
TEARS LITERAL FUCKING TEARS, I'M SO EXCITED I DON'T KNOW HOW TO PROPERLY EXPRESS MYSELF IN WORDS
RE: Nintendo Switch January 12th Event
Get your bingo cards ready folks, or make 25 predictions. Whichever is easier
As for my predictions
- 250 and $300 launch price (Standard and Deluxe) Called it $300 launch price
- Zelda a lunch title in US and Japan (delayed in European regions) Launch title world wide
- Region free console Called it
- New Joycon variants shown, will be available shortly after launch Kinda?
- Smash 4, Splatoon, Mario Maker, Xenoblade X, FExSMT, Mario Kart, and Bayonetta 2 will be ported to Switch So far only Mario Kart, wait to see what gets announced in the next few days
- Smash adapter will work with Switch in docked mode, a separate adapter will be released for portable mode.
- New Amiibos.
- 3 major permanently exclusive third party titles, on of which will be from Platinum, one from Capcom, and one will be a exclusive Dynasty Warriors game (either Hyrule Legends 2, Fire Emblem, or Smash Bros based) Fire Emblem Warriors, and SMT5
- Pokemon Stars for late summer, early fall release, will be akin to Black & White 2 (sequel in the same setting, but new...ish plot)
- Rabbids RPG will make it close to launch (maybe a 3-4 week gap between launch and release) Will feature more then just Mario and Rayman themed locations and enemy's, a handful of other Ubisoft and Nintendo themed places will be present.
- New Fatal Frame announced for Japan, along side collection of 1-3 in HD (rebuilt on the engine being used for 6)
- Retro will announce two titles, one of which will release 4-5 months after release, the other just being a general announcement of the project to the public
- One First party Nintendo game being made on Unreal 4
- VC will launch with almost 50 games, split between NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Genesis/Mega Drive, and GBA
- Mother 3 will finally get a international release, will a limited physical release for it, alongside that Mother 4 will be announced
- VC games will have wireless local multiplayer between multiple Switch consoles.
- New VC emulation designed by N.E.R.D, this applies to each system.
- Dragon Quest themed Switch announced for JPN release
- A demonstration of who the IR "touch" interface will work with the system docked.
- Bravely Default 3rd to be announced, alongside HD collection of 1 and 2.
- Nintendo announces media project deal for 3 different properties, one will be a movie, the other 2 will be TV
- Project X Zone 3 announced for Switch, will feature 3D character models,
- News about the Universal deal (Might be a Switch event, but I have a feeling that something Universal related will sneak in)
- Pikmin 4 will be a launch title
- Luigis Mansion 3 to be a fall release
RE: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (NS/WiiU)
ITS SO FUCKING BEAUTIFUL, That trailer...it has awoken something.....a sense of adventure, that I dont think ive felt in years..... I NEED THIS INE MY FUCKING HANDS NOW
RE: GameCube Virtual Console - Wishlist
Super Smash Bros Melee Mostly so the tournament scene will have a easier time getting setup, Also Melee on the go just sounds awesome
Phantasy Star Online Episode 1 & 2 Plus, and PSO Episode 3 Card Revolution Even if the online cant be restored (would be awesome if it was) both games are great fun in split screen, and both have a simple enough control setup that it could easily be mapped to a Joy con setup.
Eternal Darkness Need I say more
Paper Mario Never had a chance to finish it
Metroid Prime 1 & 2 While I have a feeling there will be some kind of Prime HD trilogy remaster, I still think having the original versions available would be great.
Viewtiful Joe 1 & 2, and that weird fighting game spinoff This series really needs to be revived
Super Mario Sunshine I have a feeling it will show up close to launch, and considering it was the last game to have a slightly open world structure, I suspect its release will be timed just close enough to Oddsesy to help build hype
Wind Waker and Twilight Princess While I do suspect a HD pack with both games to come out sometime after BotW, again I just think having the original available would be great
Baten Kaitos Again a game I never had a chance to play
Fire Emblem Path of Radiance (and its Wii sequel) Loved these two games, and considering that both games are going for $100+, and the franchise being far more popular in the West now then it was at the time of release. I think a digital release is warranted
Killer 7 Just want more people to experience this Suda trip.
.Hack//GU HD Remaster announced
Gotta say I'm excited for this, even though I was a big Dot Hack fan growing up I never got a chance to play any of the games, didn't help that by the time I got a PS2 the original GU games were hard to find, and the original 4 even harder.
List of improvements across all 3 games
RE: SNES Classic now avaliable for pre-order at Walmart.com
I typically order from Amazon, and they don't charge you till the item is shipped, not the moment you make the order
RE: Has Your "Favorite" Game Ever Changed?
Not sure if it falls under the OP's description, but back in 2014 PSO took a new meaning to me, my brother and cousin. To make a long story short, one of my other cousins had passed away. During the week or so between his death and the funeral, I had gotten one of my TV's to play nice with my gamecube, with the three of us suddenly having time off work, we initially met a day or so later to discuss about the funeral, then my brother mentioned we had gotten the gamecube working on a HDTV. My cousin left for a bit, about a hour or so later he came back with his memory card, and some food and drink. So for 2 days the three of us were just playing PSO for the first-time together in god knows how long, just sharing stories about our deceased cousin, catching up, laughing,crying, punching my brother for stealing all the messeta (money). It was (looking back now) a moment of relief and just a way for all of us to grieve, and letting what anger we had dissipate.
To me, this took PSO from something that the 3 of us enjoyed, to more of a bonding moment.
RE: That's News!
Looks like Okami HD is coming to PS4
RE: Little Moments of Gaming Joy Unrelated to Games?
I remember me and my brother playing thru RE5 outside one winter on our patio TV. Had some pizza, some soda, a nice big bonfire, a few of my brothers friends (seeing as mine were unavailable) Good time. Did the same for MGS4 for the last 3 chapters.
As for why we had a patio TV, long story short Uncle co-owned a bar, in 2008 they finally got around to upgradeing to HD sets, and were giving the old ones away to friends and family. We go this 60 inch behemoth of a TV (First come, first go) Get it home and its too big to fit thru our door. So we prepared it as best we could for its new environment and it lasted pretty long outdoors seeing as we didnt have any issues with it till about 2012.
Kinda miss that TV, but Flat screens make the rare late night outdoor session so much easier now.