So the reason why I really loved GT and continue to love EZA is because unlike pretty much all games media I regularly consume, they're actually positive about videogames. There's always something the Allies are hyped for, and even when a stinker releases they'll occasionally say "alright, not great but there were some fun moments" while YouTubers and forums rip the game to absolute shreds in a massive circlejerk. Does anyone else feel this way? Most of the (few) gaming podcasts I listen to along with the YouTubers I subscribe to seem to be very negative about the industry all the time. I honestly can't name many channels that have as much fun with games as the Allies do while also maintaining high integrity.
Best posts made by Lunis
The difference between EZA & "Cynical games media"
RE: Shareware is back!! What games would you like to see use this model?
Honestly? All games. First level, first ten minutes, get some demos out.
If they had done this alongside the Doom beta people would have been more confident in buying Doom.
RE: Ally Introductions
Name - Jack Kaplan.
Age - 20
Located - Västerås, Sweden.
For a living I - am a college student and competitive Overwatch player.
Non-gaming Hobby(ies) - writing, music, film, girls.
Gaming Historical facts - Quake junior player 2005-2007, CSGO competetive player 2013-2015.
Firm believer that - Bosman is best ally.
Champion of - The sun.
Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198054975304/
Twitch - https://www.twitch.tv/hokenow
Twitter - https://twitter.com/thehoken
RE: Now that the press conferences are over and the hype has died down let's discuss our thought on the games that were shown.
Here's the only list I'll make about this year's E3, since there's not that much to say about the games.
- Titanfall II: Looks great. Was never excited for the first one, and after the overall lukewarm response I never played it, and don't feel any worse for that. The sequel looks like an intriguing title, and just the fact that the mechs have Pacific Rim (great movie) style swords makes me want to get it. Won't preorder.
- Fifa 17. It's Fifa with a story mode. After they started with their packs I've become less and less interested, and the last Fifa I bought was 14. Won't preorder.
- Mass Effect Andromeda: We still don't know anything. Will probably preorder.
- Next Star Wars Game: No info. Will probably preorder.
- Battlefield 1: Judging by the multiplayer they had after the conference (better than the actual conference) it's going to be great. Always wanted a WWI triple A FPS, and here it is. Will preorder.
- Quake Champions: As a kiddie I played Quake 3 Arena in tournaments in my quaint Swedish town for 3 years. I love Quake, and they may fuck this one up royally considering how coy they are about whether it's a Overwatch style hero shooter or not. If it is not a real deal arena shooter I'm going to forget this exists. If it is? Bribing myself into the alpha and playing this one competitively.
- Elder Scrolls: Legends: I don't like card games. Pass.
- Skyrim Special Edition: Already have this on PC. Pass.
- Dishonored 2: What can I say? It looks better than the first one, and that one was a riot. Will preorder.
- Prey: We don't know much about this. Is it a reboot? Sequel? Prequel? Secretly a platformer? Never played the original, but this trailer looks amazing and it's on my radar. Might preorder?
- Bethesda VR: Feature and not a game, but even though I did not like Fallout 4 at all I'll be playing it through with my Vive.
- Doom updates: Thanks for fixing my game fam!
- Forza Horizon 3: Don't yet have an XB1 but as this is coming for Windows 10 I don't need one! Will buy after I see if it is a good port.
- Halo Wars 2: Mostly casual RTS game, Dawn of War made me forget this was shown. Pass.
- Sea of Thieves: Looks amazing. Will preorder on PC.
PC Gaming Show:
- Lawbreakers: Okay I guess? Need more info here.
- Dawn of War 3: YES. YES. YES. Will preorder.
- Serious Sam VR: Another killer VR app. Will purchase.
- Ghost Recon Wildlands: Put me to sleep. I will never play this. Pass.
- Just Dance 2017: You can dance if you want to, I'm not going to. Pass.
- South Park the Fractured But Whole: Looks so much better than the first game which was pretty good, and a release date in December is perfect. Will have many laughs with this. Will preorder.
- The Division Expansion: You're kidding right? How do you expect anyone to get excited about this when your own fanbase hates what your game has become? It takes a bit more than permanent bans to fix this, you're going to need your very own A Realm Reborn to fix this mess. Pass.
- For Honor: Still looks great. Not sold on the combat, but the vibe and the presentation looks stunning, game of the show. Will get on release.
- Trials of the Blood Dragon: Looked dope in the trailer, but the reviews are already saying it's bad. Not interested either way.
- Eagle Flight: Hilariously bad demo. NOT a killer VR app! CA CAW. Pass.
- Watch Dogs 2: Looks as shallow as the first game. Pass.
- Steep: Cool game if you want to ski into bell towers. I'd rather go skiing in real life. Pass.
- God of War: You did everything right. Great atmosphere, and something different. Will preorder.
- The Last Guardian: Will preorder.
- Horizon Zero Dawn: Looks better and better every time I get to see it. Show me more! Will preorder.
- Detroit: Become Human: Sucker for David Cage games, and was exalted last year seeing the reveal. Already decided last year. Will preorder.
- Death Stranding: IT IS A KOJIMA GAME OF COURSE I WILL PRE ORDER. THE TRAILER IS AMAZING.
- Resident Evil 7: The game that sold me a PSVR headset. Classic reveal, and some kind of redemption for last year's Silent Hills. A return to form for a great franchise that's gone tits up with the previous few titles. What more is there to say? Will preorder.
- Spiderman: Too early to say, but if Insomniac is making it I am expecting a game that is closer to Spiderman 2 than to Amazing Spiderman 2. Will buy, if it ever comes out.
- Call of Duty Infinite Warfare: The most impressive a CoD game has looked in years. Waiting for release until I know if this is the one, but I'm pining for a new FPS tailored to PS4.
Nintendo (as long as they don't MESS THIS UP):
- Zelda: Will preorder.
- Pokémon: Will preorder.
Guess that's it.
RE: What was your Huber Moment in the past? What about next week?
@Nesnomis that's the most Ian Hinck-ian comment I've ever seen.
RE: Brandon Plays Pokémon - Official Discussion Thread
In an ideal world Brandon would have the time to play SoulSilver before Sun and Moon to see the progression the games made. I think that would be interesting, possibly because Silver is also the best Pokémon game ever made :ok_hand_tone1:
RE: Bosman at Home - Official Discussion Thread
One of the greatest things about this so far is that he apologises profusely in the first episode about not being able to have any bits at the end, and for every episode that comes out there are more and more elaborate bits at the end! Absolute genius.
RE: Shareware is back!! What games would you like to see use this model?
@marcel That was a big selling point in the first run of paid Xbox Live I seem to remember. Not many demos out now.
Would want to see small demos for stuff like Witcher 3 so people can try it, buying a 50 hour plus game when you're unsure about it makes it a hard sell.
RE: Microsoft E3 2016 Conference Discussion Thread /9:30 AM Pacific
@SirMathays Halo Wars 2 open beta starts today actually. It will appear.
Late to the Party: Resident Evil 4 (HD)
Spoiler comments are welcome, use the spoiler tag.
Hey, Allies! After getting pretty steamy like the rest of the EZA gang for that RE7, I realized that maybe it was time to go back and enjoy Resident Evil 4 in its entirety as it is currently on sale for a few dollars on Steam. The only time I've played it was for about 10 minutes on Gamecube in the early 2000's. I took the time to play RE5 when it came out and liked it well enough to finish it.
I don't love horror games, but Resident Evil is a classic franchise that I've gotta catch up on before 7 gets out. So here my journey begins, I suppose. NeoGAF does LTTP threads on the odd occasion, figured we might make one here. I would encourage anyone who has not played it, or played it before to go and play it so we can talk amongst ourselves here. Otherwise this is me reacting to a game by myself, which is also cool if not a bit antisocial.