I'm not gonna lie, pre-gameplay RAGE 2 has gotta be one of the most unappealing things I've ever seen. The amount of cringe is unbelievable.
Best posts made by Marketplace_DC
RE: Next evolution in game design?
@Michster Dark Souls 3 on a PC is the closest we've got. After playing the PC version, console DS3 becomes unplayable.
60 fps console games is the next big thing I'm waiting or at least an option for the people who want to sacrifice graphical fidelity for framerate.
SIFTD has started a patreon
Hello fellow allies.
If you remember Gametrailers you probably remember Shane Satterfield also. Well now he has started a patreon to keep his website SIFTD afloat and I hope some of you might spare few bucks. I have no association with Shane or SIFTD but I would very much like to see Pachter factorr to keep going. Allies no doubt will mention this during podcast or stream but I want to do my part. Please consider donating if you can.
RE: Last game you finished
Finished Cuphead and even tho I died/restarted 275 times, it wasn't nearly as hard of a game as people say it is. Couple of bosses took me like 30 tries to complete, but that was mostly due my 'tunnel vision' and lack of pattern recognition rather than pure difficulty. Progression meter after failing is a great visual feedback of progress and a great motivator.
Cupheaed also has one of the best soundtracks of the year. Combined with the 30's animation aesthetic it makes one awesome looking, sounding and paying game. 9/10.
RE: Yo Allies! What's the last game that surprised you?
- Hollow Knight - I knew very little going in but this turned out to be one of the best games of last year. Atmosphere, graphics, animations, somber tone, all top notch. Also way longer than I expected, in a good way. If you like 'metroidvania' style games this is a must play. (and better than any Metroid or Castlevania game, excluding Castlevania IV)
- Divinity Original Sin II - Best RPG ever made. Too bad it might be a little too 'hardcore' game for it's own good. People have to play this game.
- Uncharted: Drake's Fortune - Played this first time just a couple of weeks ago and oh boy, it doesn't hold up at all. Combat is just trash and controls are clunky as all hell. I bailed out after 10 chapters.
- Final Fantasy X - Loved VI, VIII and IX so X took me by surprise. This is where the series started to crash and burn. All of the characters suck, sphere grid is only an illusion of choice, Blitz ball being a stat based rpg, Seymour's hair... I could go on and on.
Somewhere in between
- The Last of Us - Finished this couple of months ago for the first time and I don't see the hype for the story. Maybe I'm just late to the party but the story of TLoU is extremely basic and predictable, although very well executed. I still loved the game overall but expected more from the story. (maybe unreasonably so)
RE: Last game you finished
Finished Hollow Knight and holy shit, I was completely unprepared for this one. This game is HUGE. (and difficult) It took me 22 hours to get an ending and 69% of completion. Awesome art design, simple but responsive combat system (even with all the powers), great boss fights and whole lot of missed secrets, what more could you ask for? Must have for metroidvania fans.
On a side note, last three games I've played: Dark Souls 3 (not finished) -> Cuphead -> Hollow Knight. I'd say it's time to try something casual before I go insane.
RE: Gaming Unpopular opinion thread
- Mario has slippery controls -> 2D Mario games just aren't that fun to play
- Dualshock's 1-3 are among the worst controllers ever made (4 is among the best tho)
- Final Fantasy X is by far the worst in the series and one of the biggest disappointments of my life
- I can suspend my disbelief when it comes to magic, but even the thought of Cloud lifting the buster sword is so ridiculous I can't take FFVII seriously
- Castlevania IV is the best Castlevania game
- Hollow Knight is best metroidvania game
- Story of Metal Gear is so complicated it resembles more of a parody of a video game story than an actual video game story
- Video game writing as a whole is sub par compared to other mediums
- On higher difficulties Witcher 3 combat is far better than people give it credit for
- The Last Guardian winning the EZA GOTY was among the worst things I have ever seen
- Uncharted 1 & 2 have aged horribly and the combat in those games is laughable
- Uncharted is wildly inconsistent with whimsical adventure and straight up murder fest
- Compared to any PC FPS, Goldeneye was trash
- Duke Nukem 3D is the best FPS, and Duke is genuinely funny as a parody of 80's action heroes turned up to 11
- PUBG is not that good of a game, (6/10 barely) but it's still consistently fun to play
- Games media/reviewers know so little about tech and care so little about performance it's insulting
And the big one:
- Western D&D style RPG's (like Divinity II or Pillars of Eternity) are better designed games than JRPG's