Someday I'll finish my Wrestling Fiasco and send it to them... It's like 80% done too! Just gotta do the Tilt and fill in a couple locations/items.
Best posts made by Rock
RE: Fiasconauts - Official Discussion Thread
I wrote that one! Here's a link to King of the Ring since some people were asking me about it. I should probably find a more permanent solution somewhere but until then -
RE: What Games Do You Think Should Be Remade?
I would love if Nintendo remade Mother 3 in the vision of the original N64 version. Itoi would have to come back on board to oversee. Everything is there though. - Lucas, Claus, Flint, Boney, Dragos, etc. Exploring that world in 3D space would be magical.
Plus we might even get it in America this time!
RE: Last game you finished
West of Loathing. An adventure and light rpg game set in the "old west" filled with stick figures, demon cows, skeletons, goblins, and all sorts of nonsense. Fantastic game! The RPG elements are really simplistic and easy but the writing and puzzles more than make up for it. It also has the distinction of being the first game I've beaten this year that's from this year. That's neat.
RE: That's News!
Eurogamer interview with David Cage. Here's my favorite part:
I'm not disputing that at all. The concern I have is that it's using something like domestic abuse and child abuse - which is a very real issue for unfortunately far too many people - and using it as window dressing rather than exploring the ramifications of those issues.
David Cage: There will always be people thinking that we've used this... But I don't think that's what we do. If you look really into the game and if you play it you'll understand that the game is not about domestic abuse. It's a part of Kara's story - she's not a victim and she has a beautiful story. Hopefully you will be moved by what happens.
Man, I hope Detroit flops. I'm so sick of this man's sexist, racist, awful video games.
RE: Polygon's Top 500 Video Games
- Mother 3 and Earthbound both in top 50 is really nice. Earthbound at #29 is sort of nuts. That re-release really did wonders for the game.
- Team Fortress 2 should probably go up 70 or 80 spots from #145. It's more relevant than some games released this year.
- Doom is #4 which is very appropriate since it's the foundation for every single FPS game. It's weird they factor in user-created content for something like Super Mario Maker but not for something like Doom 2 which has thousands upon thousands of custom levels that have been created.
- Quake is pretty low at 122. I think a lot of those old FPS games are under appreciated in general. No Painkiller anywhere on the list, right? Gross!
- Age of Empires 2 being at 262 while Starcraft is at #13 is nuts. Legacy should not be that important in deciding if a game is better or not.
- Civ 5 over XCOM Enemy Unknown is also very questionable. I guess this goes back to user-created content. Long War is the best strategy game ever created, imo.
RE: That's News!
@Rock It's either going to absolutely amazing or the biggest trainwreck that never should've happened, but for now the original is on Steam for free and that makes me happy enough to justify this thing's existence no matter which way it ends up.
Kikiyama oversaw the project every step of the way and approved all ideas. All members of the team were also told to play Yume Nikki to completion if they hadn't already. I am very confident.